RemedySpot.com

From ASGC - First Responder Training

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friends of the ASGC,

As you aware by now the ASGC has set up international trainer for two trainings on December 3rd. The first is for First Responders (Police, Fire Fighters, EMT's, ER Personnel, DA's and Judges). This full day training is to help our children in the case of an emergency. Every year I hear about local families dealing with issues that could have been avoided if proper first responder training was implemented including the following; A boy in high school sent to jail after hitting a lunch room teacher because the teacher didn't follow the IEP and the police didn't know enough to ask about it, A elementary age boy escaped out of a window on a second floor of a building onto a roof and threw a brick at the principal and police took the child to jail, A junior high school student taken to jail after stating that he was going to kill someone, A young man in Columbus who died in a fire because he would not assist the firefighter in his escape but avoided them, and on a personal note my son who fought the ER personnel who tried to help him after he hit his head during a melt down when they tried to see if he had a concussion after falling asleep and us not being able to wake him. These are all stories that I heard of personally in NE Ohio. This topic is so important and yet we are having a difficult time getting departments to sign up for the training.

I am respectfully asking for at least 7 volunteers to make phone calls to the first responders in their county. I need one each for Lake, Geauga and Ashtabula Counties and four for Cuyahoga County. It will take only a few hours to complete the calls. I will provide you with a list and phone numbers. The flier for this training is on the ASGC website and the training is Free to all that will take it. We only have 6 signed up to date and we have space for 80 - 110 people. The ASGC is paying for the training and lunch. There is a book and video that can be purchased but we need to have the order for these by this Friday in order to get them in to distribute on December 3rd. If you are interested in helping us out on this very important matter please email me at support@... or phone me 440-554-7372.

The next thing I would like you all to know is that the same night we are holding training for parents on how to teach your children on the spectrum to interact with first responders to prevent the above situations. I could see my son who is now 10 being asked to steel or hold drugs for someone and not think twice. I could see my son running away from a police officer who has his gun drawn. Please set aside the evening of December 3rd for this important PARENT Training. We ask that you RSVP via email to contact@... to reserve your seat. Unfortunately there will be no childcare for that night because of the size. We only have seats for 80 parents. Make your reservation early. This is so important, you should find a sitter and make the time to attend. For more information about this training visit our website at www.asgc.org . I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Rory McLean - President

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.