RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 1/25 Have a great SCdiet week end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Almond Coconut ChickenChicken - cut into strips4 parts blanched almond nut flour1 part unsweetened, shredded coconuteggs (2 per 1 lb of chicken)Beat the eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour and coconut. Dip the chicken in the egg batter, then coat with the almond/coconut mixture. We fried in coconut oil at 340 F for 6-8 minutes in a deep fryer (or until chicken floats.) This had very mild flavor. If you want a strong coconut flavor, you may want to change the ratio of almond flour to coconut. cathcall@... Peanut Sauce1/4 c SCD chicken stock1/4 c coconut milk1 TB lime juice2 TB honey1/4 c creamy peanut butterSalt & pepper to tasteCombine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. You may play with the amounts on this because we did not measure it when we made it. :) cathcall@... Spinach Crackers, Original recipe (I'd like to credit the person whoposted this a long while back, but unfortunately I didn't keep thename.)1 bag of baby spinach (pre-washed)3/4 cup almond flour3 cloves of garlic, minced2 Tbs ghee (or butter or oil)

you need this much tomake them crispy1 Tbs watersalt to tastePre-heat the oven to 350F1. In a frying pan melt ghee2. Add spinach, garlic, water and salt. Cover andcook till wilted and the water is evaporated3. Take from the heat and mix in almond flour4. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchmentpaper. It should be very thin, about 1/8"5. Bake for 25 min.6. Remove from the oven and carefully cut into smallsquares without lifting it from the sheet.7. Lower the oven to 170F and bake (dry) for about60-80 min. They are very crispy and hold well together.-> My ('s) modifications--I wanted to use frozenspinach and needed to double the recipe to use thewhole box. I also eliminated the water; it was prettywet already and didn't seem to need it. I always useoil because it's more convenient.1 box frozen spinach, cooked or not; it works both ways1.5 cups almond flour6 cloves of

garlic, minced4 Tbs oil1 t. saltFollow same method above.CautionWatch out if any of the ingredients are new to you or your kiddos.One listmember's kids really chowed down on these and then had D. :(So please consume with due caution.More infoA very cool thing about this spinach cracker recipe isthe part where you take them out of the oven beforethey are completely done and cut them into squares(score them) and then finish baking them. You canactually have perfectly square crackers. I do notfind that I can pack them to go to school, though,because the bouncing around in a backpack causes themto break into smaller pieces. They stay fresh a longtime. I have tried them stored in the fridge and out.In Tupperware and in Ziplock bags. All ways weregood. The baking times are approximate, IMO. I watchto see they don't get too dark. And in the secondbaking, after about 80 minutes I

try breaking one andif it has a crisp snap, it's done. If it doesn'tbreak crisply, I bake it some more. So don't startthese too late at night. People not on SCD like them.My husband (not a vegetable guy) likes them. I hopeyou like them, too. , mom to JanetB@...> Sent in by wendio@... Easy French Toast 2 tablespoons squash puree4 eggsbread (egg bread works)cinnamon to tasteSCD legal vanilla to taste Wisk ingredients together, coat bread and pan fry in butter. We tried it this morning with eggbread and it worked amazingly. It wasso yummy!!!! If you can't quite handle foods that have been heavilypan

fried yet, try cooking this on low-medium heat in coconut oilinstead of butter. It does not get quite as crispy and fried with thecoconut oil as it does with the butter. Just a reminder, pan friedfoods are stage 3, so please don't try this recipe unless you areready for this stage. K windravyn@... Butternut Squash Fries Slice 1/4 inch thick give or take. Then peel the outer edge, then cut into sticks and dip in olive oil and then bake on my baking stone. I guess 350o? When I make the squash fries on my cookie sheet it is a hotter oven more like 400o. When I am baking a whole butternut squash, I put the whole thing in the oven with knife slits all around it, and put the squash on a pan to catch the drippings.

Then after cooking, usually an hour I take out and slice it in half and dig out the seeds and then do whatever I am going to do with it, much easier for me to make it this way. JH flowers4me7@... Tip for Sprinkles Take fine unsweetened shredded coconut and spread it out and spray it (you can buy empty spray bottles/wash and dry) with blue berry, spinach, stawberry, beet etc. juice from the liquid that comes from the pan after boiling. Spray the coconut and let it dry. :)Aimee aedarling1@... Garlic "Fried" Chicken (It's not really fried)(makes 4 to

6 servings--so they say)3 garlic cloves, minced (this is a stage-two food)1/2 teaspoon chili pepper1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon pepper1 teaspoon dried oregano1/2 teaspoon cumin (orig. recipe had 1 teaspoon cumin and no chili pepper; we like the chili pepper)1 teaspoon olive oil1 teaspoon white vinegar2-3 pounds chicken (original recipe said thighs and drumsticks but I use boneless breasts)Stir together garlic, chili pepper, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, oil, and vinegar to make a paste. (I put this all in my Revel wet-dry chopper including whole garlic cloves and the paste makes itself.) Smear paste all over chicken pieces. Place in bowl or pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Original cooking method: When ready to cook, preheat broiler. Place chicken on

rack of broiler pan. Cook under broiler for 15 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife point. Reduce cooking time if using chicken breasts.What I do: bake in over at 350F for 35 minutes.If the chicken is too spicy for some tastes, spread less paste on some of the chicken pieces, or scrape off thick areas of paste before serving to those who prefer a milder zing. julie46250@... *Red Lentil Soup with Lemon*3 TBS olive oil, more for drizzling1 Large Onion, chopped2 Garlic Cloves, minced1 TBS SCD tomato sauce 1 tsp ground cumin1/4 tsp kosher salt, more to taste1/4 tsp ground black pepperPinch SCD chili powder or cayenne, more to taste1 quart chicken or vegetable broth1 cup red lentils1 large carrot, peeled and dicedJuice of 1/2 lemon, more to taste3 TBS chopped fresh cilantro1. In large pot, heat 3 TBS oil over high heat until hot and shimmering. Add onion and garlic, and saute until golden, about 4 minutes.2. Stir in tomato sauce, cumin, salt, black pepper, and chili/cayenne, and saute for about 2 minutes longer.3. Add broth, 2 cups water, lentils and carrot. Bring to a simmer, then partially cover pot and turn heat to medium-low. Simmer until lentils are soft, about 30 minutes. Taste and add salt if necessary.4. Using an immersion or regular blender, or a food processor,

puree half the soup and then add it back to pot. Soup should be somewhat chunky.5. Reheat soup if necessary, then stir in lemon juice and cilantro. Serve soup drizzled with a good olive oil and dusted lightly with chili powder (if desired.)Yield: 4 servings.SCD tips:1. Soak lentils overnight and then cook with fresh water2. Use only SCD-legal broth (either chicken or veggie)3. Depending on your sensitivity, omit the cayenne Nina Gilmore gilmore7920@... Corn Dogs Meat on a stick is always popular-I put toothpicks in meatballs, and I make "corn dogs" with hamburger, ground chicken, and pureed veggies. I form this on the popsicle stick and roll it in pecan meal, then bake for 20 minutes. I make a big batch and keep it in the freezer, so we have a quick meal. Teena Finger Food For The Kiddies Here is a recipe that we love. The original recipe called for deepfrying but to make it SCD legal and lower in fat I baked them. They areto die for fried in a couple of inches of safflower oil. The bakedversion turns out firmer.The original recipe listed:14 oz can of salmon1/4 cup of liquid from salmon1/2 cup of blanched almond flour, or your choice of nut flour1 egg, slightly beaten1 heaping tsp baking sodaDrain the salmon and reserve 1/4 cup of the drained liquid.Put salmon in mixing bowl, breaking it apart with a fork. Add flour,the slightly beaten egg. Mix well.Add baking soda to the reserved liquid and beat well with forkuntil foamy. Pour this back into the fish mixture and gently stiruntil blended