RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 2/15 Marilyn's Have a SCDiet week end!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cheese Crisps (LSCDL Recipe)Eight toaster oven trays after I spent all day making a single half-pound batch in the toaster oven. You can actually get away with one toaster oven tray by using large cookie sheets, molding release foil to a toaster oven tray, and then setting it on the cookie sheet for support. Now I can do two pounds of cheese at once! Two pounds of cheese yields about 1 pound of cheese crisps.Place the oven racks in the upper two-thirds of the oven. Sprinkle four ounces of grated cheddar (or other legal cheese) evenly into each toaster oven tray. Place four toaster oven trays on each shelf of a pre-heated oven – in the toaster oven, it was set at 150° F; in the large oven, 215° F works the best. Let heat for about two hours. Remove, and see if it is slightly dry, but still a little flexible. You don't want it gooey! If it is dry, but still slightly flexible, remove the trays one at a time and turn out onto a clean muslin towel. Use sharp scissors and cut each rectangle into a dozen pieces. I cut it in half, then each half in half, then each quarter in three.Place on paper towels or muslin towels and place back in the oven for another hour. The towels help wick most of the oil away.If you have an Excalibur dehydrator, I bought a set of bar wipes (you can also use flour sack towels) at Sam's Club, which I fold on the dehydrator trays. Place the chips on it and just let them dry at 150°F overnight.If you do not have a dehydrator, you can lay the wipes on the

trays, place the crisps in them, and put them back into the oven at the low temperature for a couple of hours.The bar wipes soak up the oil, and then I can just toss them in the washing machine, instead of wasting roll after roll of paper towels[1]. With the folded bar wipes, three toaster trays of crisps fit on one dehydrator tray, but it is a good idea to leave a shelf empty after two shelves of crisps to be sure the air can circulate properly.Crisps store just fine at room temp; mine haven't lasted long enough to say how long they’ll store.Cheese crisp variations can make all sorts of great snacks. Using different cheeses and different spices, you can make a lot of different tastes. Trust me -- the straight cheese crisps are what both Doritos® and Cheetohs® wish they were. Do wash bar wipes separately from your other wash.. Pepperoni (LSCDL Recipe)2 lbs ground chuck (or use mix of pork and beef)1 tablespoon salt½ teaspoon

crushed red pepper1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed½ teaspoon garlic powder - homemade½ teaspoon crushed anise seed1 teaspoon black pepper¼ cup cold water or red wineFinely powder herbs, spices and salt in mortar or in blender. Add water or wine and blend. Add mixture to ground meat and mix thoroughly, using a bread kneading mixing style. When you think you’ve mixed it thoroughly, continue mixing and kneading for at least five more minutes by the clock.If you have a sausage stuffer, follow directions for stuffing the casings. If you don’t, fear not! Making un-stuffed sausage logs is easy. After the meat and seasonings have been blended according to the recipe, roll the meat into a log about 1-1/4 inch thick. Wrap the log tightly in foil and twist the ends closed. (You may wrap it in parchment

before wrapping it in foil if you like.)Place sausages on a baking rack and cook slowly in a 200 degree oven for 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 160 degrees. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 2 days to enhance the flavor. Cooked sausage should be used within one week. It may also be frozen for up to three months.Note: this pepperoni will not have the bright red color we’re accustomed to associating with commercial pepperoni. But if you use a very sharp knife, or a mandolin, you can get really thin slices that are just perfect for SCD pizza or snacking. You can also make this recipe into thinner snacking sticks. Cheesy Crust (LSCDL Recipe)1 cup almond flour2-3 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese1 jumbo egg1 tablespoon olive oil½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon baking soda Stir salt, baking soda, and Parmesan cheese into almond flour and

mix thoroughly.In a separate bowl, beat together egg and olive oil. Add to almond flour mix and stir with a fork until well incorporated.Gather up dough in clean hands and knead the bits together. Divide in half and press each half into a toaster oven tray lined with non-stick foil. Laying a piece of plastic wrap over the dough to press it out makes the job go smoother. Bake in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until just lightly gold. Top with pizza toppings or dessert toppings and re-warm. Enjoy. Note: If you have mini pizza pans, those work well. You may also line the pans with parchment paper if you prefer. Vanilla Extract Use a quart mason jar.Cut six vanilla beans in half lengthwise, keeping the last inch intact.Place in jar.Add two cups of vodka. (Some people like bourbon or silver, not dark rum. Dark rum is SCD illegal.)Cap and store for 8-9 weeks.Using a

clear alcohol and a clear glass jar lets you see how dark it is getting. You can then decant (pour off) the extract to smaller bottles for ease of use in baking and cooking. Put a bean in each bottle to maintain the strength. Some people like to decant half the extract, and then add more vodka to the big jar. Depending how strong a flavor you like, you can do this once or twice, then you'll probably want to add more vanilla beans. You can also make double vanilla extract by doubling the bean "Wizop Marilyn L. Alm" LouisianaSCDLagniappe@...

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.