RemedySpot.com

Hello, New to the Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All, My name is . My wife and I have been members for some time but have yet to post. We are truly inspired by all of your hard work and commitment to helping your children and grandchildren. It is nice to know that there is so much dedication and advocacy out there for our kids. Our son is almost 6 and has been diagnosed on the spectrum since 18 mos. His story is long like I am sure many of yours. In summary he is currently recieving speech and occupational therapy. He goes to 2 schools, 1 with all typical peers and 1 special needs (MEEC). He receives home tutoring and attends social groups held by Steps and Western Reserve. He has been seen twice by Pfiefer Clinic in Chicago and is on nutritional supplements (pro biotics, Omega 3-6, antioxidants, and specific compounded vitamins). We have been through allergy testing at Osteo Med

and has gone through 3 MRIs and numerous blood tests. He also attends music therapy once a week which he loves. We are on the Autism Scholarship program and are currently looking for Kindergarden placement. He is very bright and I guess would be considered more high functioning. I have a couple questions to any parents out there that may have advice. We have been giving B-12 injections for about 7 months. Has anyone else had any experience with these shots? I am curious to know any changes or effects any of your children might have had. I am not sure they making a difference and wondering if they are actually causing some of his more recent negative behaviors. Also, any advice on good schools out there for Kindergarden? We are looking at Billiard, Medina Christian Academy, and possibly taking him off the schloarship and going to Parma City

Schools (really don't want to do that though). Any help would be appreciated. Finally, if anyone has any questions about Osteo Med, Middleburg Early Education Center, Pfiffer Clinic, Royalton Music, Steps, Barrie Galvin & Assoc., Western Reserve, or Monarch Home Program, we might be able to lend some advice. Thanks,