RemedySpot.com

Link to full report by Policy Matters on the ASP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://www.policymattersohio.org/AnalyzingAutismVouchers.htm Actually, I would have to agree some of you who commented that that the services/schools/programs available on the scholarship to our kids is pretty limited and there is room for improvement. Personally, I never felt the scholarship was a real option for my son as it only covers about the third of the cost of the program where I wanted him to go. I have been able to work with my district and so no current pressing need for us, but I now if I was in a district that does not have an appropriate program and is just simply not willing to understand the needs of my child, I would have probably used the scholarship and do the best I could with a home program and with some added mix of social opportunites and speech/OT privately. It would have been a last resort thing and I always

felt that "if things go badly, I can always use the voucher" --- I know many many families do this and always all struggle to match the remainder of the tuition to be paid. This report actually states some of the same in the abstract. If anything should come out of this report is the improvement of the voucher program and the availability and quality of autism services. I will have to read the entire thing tonight to be able to comment more. Thanks,