RemedySpot.com

Help With Ohio Autism Advocacy Efforts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Autism Votes... It's time for lawmakers to listen.

Good Morning!

I have taken on the roll of Chapter Advocacy Chair (CAC) in Ohio for Autism Speaks. I have a 10 year old twin son with PDD-NOS on the Autism spectrum and I have been actively involved in advocating in Ohio for over 6 years, since he was diagnosed. I have served on the Ohio Autism Task Force and currently sit on the Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) Advisory Board. We are working on one of the recommendations of the Task Force- - passing meaningful health insurance for autism. We need help getting legislation introduced and then through the House and Senate in Ohio. If you are willing to help us on this mission please e-mail me back as soon as you can.

We need folks that are willing to visit their State Representative and State Senator, or write a letter, or call, or both. We also need business owners that are members of the Chamber of Commerce or NFIB that would be willing to testify that this legislation needs to be passed. We have done most of the background work on what the bill should look like and answering most of the questions that will come up from Legislators. We just need people that are willing to go in and tell their personal story and help convince these folks that this is needed.

If you are interested in becoming an advocacy leader in Ohio and getting even more involved in these important issues, please e-mail me yogi1125@... or call me at 614-882-8763. Also, to receive action alerts relating to federal and state legislation, go to www.autismvotes.org and sign up to get notified.

We need your help to do this. A handful of people cannot do this alone. We can make a difference! YOU can make a difference!

Thank you,

Doug KrinskyOhio Chapter Advocacy ChairAutism Speaks

Please do not send a reply to unsubscribe.To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Doug Krinsky, add advocacy@... to your address book.

Remove yourself from this mailing.Remove yourself from all mailings from Autism Speaks.

Modify your profile.

-- _______________________Jessie Beauvais

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

We don't live in Ohio, and I think getting medicaid/medicare to fund treatment for autism would be the first priority. If gov't agencies are funding treatments, how can private insurers say no?

Francine

In a message dated 5/13/2008 1:48:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jessiebeauvais@... writes:

Autism Votes... It's time for lawmakers to listen.

Good Morning!

I have taken on the roll of Chapter Advocacy Chair (CAC) in Ohio for Autism Speaks. I have a 10 year old twin son with PDD-NOS on the Autism spectrum and I have been actively involved in advocating in Ohio for over 6 years, since he was diagnosed. I have served on the Ohio Autism Task Force and currently sit on the Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) Advisory Board. We are working on one of the recommendations of the Task Force- - passing meaningful health insurance for autism. We need help getting legislation introduced and then through the House and Senate in Ohio. If you are willing to help us on this mission please e-mail me back as soon as you can.

We need folks that are willing to visit their State Representative and State Senator, or write a letter, or call, or both. We also need business owners that are members of the Chamber of Commerce or NFIB that would be willing to testify that this legislation needs to be passed. We have done most of the background work on what the bill should look like and answering most of the questions that will come up from Legislators. We just need people that are willing to go in and tell their personal story and help convince these folks that this is needed.

If you are interested in becoming an advocacy leader in Ohio and getting even more involved in these important issues, please e-mail me yogi1125aol or call me at 614-882-8763. Also, to receive action alerts relating to federal and state legislation, go to www.autismvotes.org and sign up to get notified.

We need your help to do this. A handful of people cannot do this alone. We can make a difference! YOU can make a difference!

Thank you,

Doug KrinskyOhio Chapter Advocacy ChairAutism Speaks

Please do not send a reply to unsubscribe.To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Doug Krinsky, add advocacyautismspeaks (DOT) org to your address book.Remove yourself from this mailing.Remove yourself from all mailings from Autism Speaks.Modify your profile.-- _______________________Jessie Beauvais

epiousian = the expression of agapequite a bit more than enoughWondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.