RemedySpot.com

Recipes for the Week 11/2 Have a great SC Diet Weekend.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Every year the first Saturday of the month of November 3rd, I am a part of the Health Fair at Cross and Crown Lutheran Church, 79th and ville Road, 317 849-4550, in the kitchen counter area showing a video of Elaine's explaining and talking about the SCDiet. Please join me at that time 9:30 a.m.- 12"00 noon Gay Bauer hebegb70 at hotmail.com Put in subject: SCD or I may miss your post if you contact me. Veal Meatballs, Italian-Style1 pound ground veal1/2 - 3/4 cup almond flour1 egg, slightly beaten1/4 cup

finely chopped onion2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Grated Parmesan cheeseHeat oven to 350°Combine ground veal, bread crumbs, egg, onion,parsley, salt, garlic and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly.(Mixture will be moist.)Shape into 12 meatballs; arrange ingreased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.Bake in 350o oven 20 minutes or until centersare no longer pink, turning once.Carol F. c.frilegh@... Thin Brownie1cup almond butter1 banana (Helps it hold together. You could use BN squash.)1/4 cup pear sauce1 tsp vanilla (optional.)egg replacer: 1 1/2 T water, 1 12/ T oil (I use a little of the oilfrom the top of the almond butter plus about 1/2 T from olive oil), 1tsp BS, 1/2 tsp vinegarBake for 20-25 minutes. I use a glass dish that looks like it's

about12" X 12" the brownie rises to about 1/2-3/4 inch.Trish trishkasouthPoached Fish with Pomegranate Sauce3 to 4 pounds trout (enough for 6 to 8 people)Salt to tasteGround black pepper to taste5 tbs butter or olive oilAbout 1 cup pomegranate sauce (recipe below)1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or chopped fresh parsley for garnishPreheat the oven to 350-degrees F.Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper - inside and out - and place in the baking dish. Close the fish and drizzle with the butter or oil. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake about 20 minutes.Transfer the fish to a serving platter and drizzle with the pomegranate sauce. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and/or parsley.Pomegranate Sauce4 to 5 medium pomegranates2 tbs minced shallot2 tbs chopped fresh basil2 tbs chopped fresh coriander1 clove

garlic, mincedPut the seeds into a food processor, then strain out the hard white kernals and "stuff". Put a little oil or butter in a pan. Saute the shallot until wilted. Add garlic - then everything else except the pomegranate juice after a couple minutes.My good friend, Efraim Krug of www.emkfish.com sent thisEllen ZagorskyGoldberg (zagorskygoldberg@...)Add the pomegranate juice and boil until reduced to half. Let cool. (p.s. Be careful to reduce the pomegranate juice until it is thick... )Beef with Red Lentils (LSCDL Recipe)1 ½ pounds ground round4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chunked1 yellow onion, pealed and chopped2-4 fingers garlic, pressed2 cups extra thick tomato sauce2 teaspoons dry oregano1 ½ teaspoons dry thyme½ pound red lentils2-3 tablespoons olive oilSoak lentils overnight. Drain, rinse, and cook

infresh cold water until tender, about 30 minutesafter the water boils. IF skins float to thesurface, remove them with a slotted spoon.Sauté onions in olive oil. Add garlic, then ground beef and brownwell.Add tomato sauce and tomatoes and stir to mix.Cook until tomatoes are just done.Add cooked, drained lentils, and sir well.Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheeses.Variation: substitute 1 tablespoon powdered anchochilies for the thyme, and serve topped with grated cheddar cheese."Wizop Marilyn L. Alm" <LouisianaSCDLagniappe@...>Toothpaste recipe from tte6 tsp. baking soda1/3 tsp. salt4 tsp. glycerin12-13 drops peppermint of wintergreen extractJust mix and store at room temperature ________________________________________Loving Care Grammy

Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... SCDiet.com will provide this at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and address to get it snail mail. __________________________________________________