RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Has anyone used Ritalin or Adderall with their ASD child?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A friend of mine has been doing a lot of research because she is trying to get her daughter off Concerta. She has been able to cut it in half with Pro EFA, which is the fish oil, but has the Omega 3-6-9. She swears by it!! Laurie <@...> wrote: Ritalin and Adderall gave my daughter some unpleasant, socially unacceptable side affects like biting her fingers & picking her nose. Although as far as attention span goes, Adderall seemed to work the best. The Daytrana patch

seemed to work for awhile; now my daughter says she can't tell the difference whether she's using it or not. We tried Strattera some years ago, and that didn't seem to help, and if I recall it made her a little crazy. The only thing we haven't tried is Foacalin and the new med someone else mentioned, Vyvanse. Coincedentally we're going to the doctor today to discuss all of this. A mom in our Asperger's group vouched for Nordic Naturals fish oil capsules so I'm considering this also. I might be ready to try some alternatives to prescription meds.Theresa