RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 5/2 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

RED RASPBERRY COOLER 1 cup 24 hour yogurt 1 cup frozen raspberries 2 ripe bananans, peeled Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serves 3. I made some tilapia with a tomato and olive"sauce" to go with them. It was so simple and tasted delicious! The recipe was from the Better Homes & Gardens, Feb 2008 issue. 1 Tbsp olive oil1 small onion, cut in thin wedges1 clove garlic, minceddiced tomatoes - recipe said 14.5 oz can, but I used fresh1 cup sliced button mushrooms3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely shopped1 Tbsp fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed1/4 tsp salt1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper(4) 6oz to 8oz

tilapia fillets1. For sauce, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, salt & pepper. Bring sauce to boiling. 2. Gently place fish in skillet; spoon sauce over fish. Return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. With a wide spatula lift fish from skillet to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over fish. Serves 4. Now, they recommended serving it with bread, of course, but I just had it with a green vegetable and was quite happy! My husband and his Aunt who was visiting both enjoyed it as well. I imagine it would taste wonderful with salmon too and I have already pictured it over some chicken breasts!Lorraine B, brustas@... San Diego, CA fresh salmon filletextra virgin olive oilsaltfresh ground black pepperwood chips (hickory, mesquite, pecan, apple, etc.) 1. Soak wood chips is water for at least an hour. I like to use hickory or mesquite, but feel free to experiment. You’ll find wood chips next to the charcoal in many supermarkets.2. Start your grill. You will use both direct and indirect cooking so keep your coals to one side. 1. Rinse salmon in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.2. Run your hands over the salmon and remove any bones you find.3. Place salmon, skin side down, on heavy duty foil and

then on a cookie sheet. The foil will eliminate any problems of sticking to the grill, while the cookie sheet gets the salmon to and from the grill easily.4. Coat the salmon flesh with olive oil and liberally season with salt and pepper.5. When coals are ready, place salmon on it’s foil directly over the coals. Close grill and cook for about 15 minutes.6. Shift the salmon off the coals to a different part of the grill.7. Drain wood chips and place a couple of handfuls on the coals.8. Close grill and let it smoke for about 20 minutes, checking occasionally. If the smoke dies down, add more chips.9. When salmon flakes easily with a fork, it is done. If you like a dryer fish, smoke longer. If you like an oilier fish, smoke shorter. Prieur .Prieur@... Fish Dish from scdiet.net under SCDiet recipe links - scdiet.org.(Actually it doesn't have to be salmon - bluefish would also be great)2 lbs fish 1/4 cup lemon juice 3 T olive oil 3 cup chopped tomatoes 1 cup chopped onion 1 lg clove minced garlic 1 T chile powder 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1/4 tsp ground coriander 1/4 tsp ground cumin 1 T honey 1 cup chopped olives salt, pepper, parsley Chill the fish in a little lemon juice and sprinkled with salt. Saute the onions, garlic and spices in oil. Add tomatoes, honey, olives and lemon juice and simmer 15 minutes or so. Pour sauce over fish, season with salt, pepper and parsley and bake 20-30 minutes at 350F (180C). Take a tilapia filet (or any fish you like). Put some salt and pepper on it. Cover with Salsa (homemade). Sprinkle with cheese and then

almond flour. Bake at 400 for approx 15 minutes (time will vary depending on what fish you use and how big the piece is). Devorah Shalev devorahscd@...

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.