RemedySpot.com

NAA Family First Program - Grants for marriage counseling available now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello, Just wanted to forward the following grant announcement from the national autism organization NAA. Please go to www.nationalautismassociation.org/familyfirst.php for more info on this grant that has a goal of providing support to families so that marriages stay intact. Thanks, Pattison NAA-NEO ---------------------------------------------------------------- WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING GRANT APPLICATIONS FOR OUR FAMILY FIRST PROGRAM. BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS, GRANTS CAN NOW BE USED FOR LOCAL, FACE-TO-FACE MARRIAGE COUNSELING.PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS BEFORE JUNE 15TH, 2008. FAMILY FIRST PROGRAMThe divorce rate within the autism community has been creeping up for quite some time. With the explosion in autism cases comes many more challenges with couples in our community. Family First was launched to provide couples within our community a way to access counseling on a 24/7 basis. GOALS:The four goals of the Family First Program are to:1. Provide couples with access to

counseling2. Provide couples with financial aid for counseling3. Raise awareness about the divorce rates within our community and around the country4. Provide a solid support system for all autism couplesBy focusing on these four objectives, our primary goal is to keep autism families together, which will open the door to a slew of other benefits for families including two-person income potential, less stress on just one parent, more time dedicated to therapy and treatments for the child, and the list goes on. HOW YOU CAN HELP: CreateThere are so many ways we can help autism couples. Do you have a great idea that will work in your area? Here are some of the ways people from around the country are helping autism couples: Far Hills Community Church in Dayton, Ohio, offers a free “Date Nite” to autism couples. Could your church or support group do something similar in your area? See: http://farhills.org/events/datenight.html Free workshops are happening in places like Tennessee and North Carolina. Could you hold a free couples workshop in your area? DonateThe National Autism Association is a non-profit, parent-run organization. The Family First Program is just one of the many projects we fund and coordinate to make a positive difference within the autism community. Through our voucher program, your donations would help

us provide couples with the financial aid they need to obtain marital counseling. As always your donation is tax-deductible. To donate, please visit: http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/proddetail.php?prod=FamilyFirstDonation GRANTS FOR THOSE IN NEED: Do you wish to have access to OnDemand counseling, but do not have the funds? The Family First Program now offers a grant to qualifying couples. To download the Family

First Grant Application, click here. Word Doc | PDF (go to the www.nationalautismassociation.org/family first.php website) GRANT APPLICATION FAQ’S: Q: How do I know if my spouse and I qualify for help from the National Autism Association? A: You must meet all three basic

criteria to apply: 1. Be married to, or temporarily separated from, the parent and/or caregiver of your autistic child. 2. Reside in the United States of America. 3. Have a child diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. Q: How much money can I request? A: The maximum amount we can award per couple is a one-time grant of $1000. Q: How do I apply for assistance from the National Autism Association for my child?A: First, review the three basic criteria. If you meet these, complete a GRANT APPLICATION. You must attach a letter from your child's physician that confirms your child's diagnosis. If your request exceeds $300, you must provide a copy of

your most recent tax return. Q: Are grant funds paid directly to couples?A: At no time are funds transferred to couples. All grants awarded are paid directly to the service provider to pay for counseling, etc. Q: I've sent my application in. How long until I know if my application has been approved?A: Once we have received all components of the application (completed application form, doctor's letter, and tax returns, if applicable), your application will be reviewed by the NAA staff within 3-4 weeks. One grant will be awarded each month during 2008. No awards will exceed $1000 per couple at this time. ONLY APPROVED GRANT RECIPIENTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY NAA. Q: I have health insurance. Can I still apply for assistance?A:

Yes. Q: I'm not sure if this request falls within the grant guidelines. Should I still send in an application?A: If your request is for something other than financial aid for marital counseling, it does not fall within the grant guidelines. Q: We have so many medical bills, we're having trouble paying the rent/electric/water/telephone bills. Can NAA help us?A: The guidelines of this grant do not allow payment for anything other than marital counseling. If you have additional questions, please write to lori@....