RemedySpot.com

Getting Kids in Sync Gen Jereb in Australia, November 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

‘The Getting Kids in Sync’ Workshop'

A sensory processing approach to challenges associated with Autism, ADHD, Learning and Behavioural Disorders

www.sensorytools.net

Presented by international speaker

Genevieve Jereb OTR

Occupational Therapist / Author and Singer of the much loved children’s albums ‘Say G’day!’ and ‘Cool Bananas’

Genevieve is an Australian-born paediatric occupational therapist who presents on sensory processing disorders world wide. She has worked with leading USA clinicians and lecturers collaborating with the well known international lecturers, Carol Stock Kranowitz, and Wilbarger, Sheila Frick and Colleen Hacker. During her ten years in the USA Genevieve was co-owner of the cutting edge treatment facility, Therapeutic Associates and co-taught the course ’Treatment Perspectives for Sensory Modulation Disorders’.

Brisbane – Perth – Melbourne- Wollongong

November 2008

“This workshop has really made a difference to me. I now, for the first time, understand my son – and that is pure joy!†(Parent of a child with LD)

“Perfectly and clearly articulated… The focus on music, the practical exercises/activities and the video clips were also pertinent… Entertaining as well as right on the money for me. Thank you.â€

(Music Therapist)

“My attention and focus was maintained all day. I have never been so engrossed about listening to a speaker before. I have gained a great deal of food for thoughtâ€

(Director of Child Care)

“Clear, well paced, fun, extremely well explained – a great communicator! Excellent workshop – thank you!â€

(Psychologist)

â€I feel able to implement this information not just with the children with special needs but with ALL childrenâ€

(Day Care specializing in Autism Spectrum Disorders)

What did I like most about this workshop, “Everything!! All was relevant to

my work. Thank you. I am very excited about implementing some of the strategiesâ€

(Program officer – behaviour clinician)

“This is brilliant. Promote it across all occupations/fieldsâ€

(Special Educator)

“Thank you for a great day – I am overloaded with information to use with my son. I have somewhere to move forward to. This was the first workshop in a long time that my interest was kept all dayâ€

(Parent)

Workshop description:

This presentation is designed for therapists, teachers, parents, caregivers and other professionals who are interested in understanding the fundamentals of sensory processing and its impact on attention, behaviour, social engagement, creative thinking, purpose driven play and learning. Genevieve offers practical and powerful tools to help support children “learn and thrive from the inside outâ€. Participants will be able to add beneficial experiences to the sensory diets of the children they care for. Respiration and it effects on behaviour, learning and attention will be presented along with practical tools to support the breath at home, in the classroom or in the social environment. Participants will be exposed to a multitude of activities involving rhythm and movement to implement immediately when

leaving the workshop with the children they care for. A relationship based approach to interacting with your children to support problem solving, motor planning, creative thinking, building bridges between ideas and social connectiveness will also be presented in specific detail. The speaker will address how sensory processing difficulties affect many children, both with and without the diagnoses of autism spectrum disorders, aspergers syndrome, adhd, add, learning challenges and other developmental and neurological challenges. The speaker will describe how, both recognised and undetected, sensory processing difficulties in children can significantly impact social and emotional relationships, behaviour, attention and learning in the classroom, home and clinic.

Perth, WA 7th November, 2008

Brisbane, QLD, 10th November, 2008

Melbourne, VIC, 14th November, 2008

Adelaide, SA, 17th November 2008

Sydney, NSW, 24rd November, 2008

Early Bird Rate (Postmarked prior to October 7th 2008)

Cost: $199 (Professionals) ……………… $189(Parents)

Registration Rate:

Cost: $225 (Professionals) ……………… $215(Parents)

Seating for this workshop is limited

Please complete and return the attached registration form and return, with payment,

as soon as possible to

Sensory Tools Australia

PO Box 692

Richmond 2753

Phone/Fax: 0245789798

Email: salesau@...

www.sensorytools.net

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get 7 Mail.