RemedySpot.com

Re: A Queston

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Dawn,

For starters, it is highly unlikely that your sons teacher has the professional qualifications to "label" your son as having "multiple disabilities". Getting someone involved that can get your son the help that he may need is a very good idea. The problem is, even with the awareness that autism has achieved, many family docs still do not have the training to identify a child who may be autistic. My son received his diagnosis from a Doctor of Psychology. We then sought a second opinion, and this Doc of Psych came to the same conclusion. There are alot of parents in this group who could point you in the right direction. Which county do you live in? There maybe someone in this group who can give you the name of a Doc near you. Stay strong and know that there is alot of help and support for you.

From: Dawn <moms_2_boyz@...>Subject: [ ] A Queston Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 8:10 AM

My son is in rolled at a local preschool, He teacher said that he has "Multiple Disabilities" He is 4.8 years, with his tests at school (MFE ETC...) he is at a 2 yr old level plus he cant stay on one thing for too long my question is, Should I get my son's doctor involved is there things wrong that maybe i am not seeing or something? I would appreciate any information thank you

Guest guest

Hi ok my son does see's a OT, PT and a speech therapist at school I live in on border of Erie/ Lorain counties if anyone knows of a good doctor please let me know I do VERY much appreciate all the help and info