RemedySpot.com

April 15th(6-9pm) -Akron Autism Meeting with OCALI and an evening of laughter about life's imperfections

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tuesday, April 15th6:00 - 9:00pmThe Greater Akron ChapterAutism Society of America, along withAspies Greater Akron and SPARKpresent (Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence) Henry (6-7pm)and Gallagher and Patty Konjoian (7-9pm)Come enjoy an evening of laughter about life's imperfections!Today,

more than ever, our society is obsessed with achievement and perfection. This is especially true when it comes to our children. It seems you can’t go anywhere without hearing about how someone’s child scored the winning goal or reading a bumper sticker that says, "My honor student loves me." So what’s a parent of a child who's not a star athlete or scholar to do? This long-overdue movement is allowing parents of "non-perfect" kids to come out of their messy closets and talk about the accomplishments of their children. With bumper magnets like "My Bipolar Kid Loves Me AND Hates Me," we're wearing our badges of imperfection and telling the world with humor and grace, "We're not always O.K., but that's O.K."_________________________________________________Location: Considine Professional Building(across from Akron Children's Hospital Main Entrance)Check signs for room locationPlease note - NO RSVP REQUIRED - See you there!For more information, please contact the Greater Akron Chapter at 330-543-3955,or email asagreaterakron@...tThis email is a resource. We the Greater Akron Chapter do not endorse nor discourage any one physician, treatment, etc. Opinions expressed are solely the opinions of the author. Thank You.The Greater Akron Chapter Board CahoonVice PresidentThe Greater Akron ChapterAutism Society of America PO Box 2831Akron, OH 44309-2831330-543-3955asagreaterakron@...www.asagreaterakron.com