RemedySpot.com

Re: question about reaction to dental work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi , I have never had this experience however I was thinking of some things that may help. Can you take water and leave it in her room with her? Maybe fruit or other foods that she likes? Just let her sip and eat at her own pace?

Do you have a laptop? Maybe she could watch youtube videos in her room.

I hope she is feeling better soon.

Dental work isn't easy!

In a message dated 7/8/2008 7:01:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nandee_7@... writes:

Ok my 11 yrs old daughter had her first dental work done yesterday morning under general anesthesia. Yesterday she would drink only a small amount and eat just a little, not too surprizing. Today is different. She has not drank or eaten anything. She has not urinated that we know of, lack of fluids. she is not acting her self at all.Staying in her room, covering up with blanket and making weird noises. Usually she is listening to her MP3 , searching utbe for puupys or watching movies on the puter. She has only been down stairs once, looked at the pancakes and went back upstairs. Pancakes are on top of the food list. I have talked to her dentist, ped, and pyscaitric. Dentist says no reasonfrom what he did, that her mouth should feel a lot better than before. ped has no idea, but by tomorrow need to take to ER if she hasnt started to drink and urinate. Pys thinks possible reaction to feelings or sensations that are unfamilar and she doesnt know how to re act to them. Question is has anyone had a child to react oddly ? She is non verbal so can not tell me what she is feeling. Thanks

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Hi ,

thanks Kathie for your reply. We had tried all you had sujected. Daughter ened up being admitted Teus night for dehydration. She has always had sensery issures with her mouth and the dental work sent her into a major oral adversion otherwise no one is going to put anthing in my mouth and neither am I. Today she finally drank and ate and she will be discharged this evening about 600. They had all ready decided to discharge her in hopes that she would start again once home in her own enviroment. Hopefully this help if anyone else runs into the same problem.

From: KathieQuinnBoor@... <KathieQuinnBoor@...>Subject: Re: [ ] question about reaction to dental work Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 7:33 AM

Hi , I have never had this experience however I was thinking of some things that may help. Can you take water and leave it in her room with her? Maybe fruit or other foods that she likes? Just let her sip and eat at her own pace?

Do you have a laptop? Maybe she could watch youtube videos in her room.

I hope she is feeling better soon.

Dental work isn't easy!

In a message dated 7/8/2008 7:01:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nandee_7 (DOT) com writes:

Ok my 11 yrs old daughter had her first dental work done yesterday morning under general anesthesia. Yesterday she would drink only a small amount and eat just a little, not too surprizing. Today is different. She has not drank or eaten anything. She has not urinated that we know of, lack of fluids. she is not acting her self at all.Staying in her room, covering up with blanket and making weird noises. Usually she is listening to her MP3 , searching utbe for puupys or watching movies on the puter. She has only been down stairs once, looked at the pancakes and went back upstairs. Pancakes are on top of the food list. I have talked to her dentist, ped, and pyscaitric. Dentist says no reasonfrom what he did, that her mouth should feel a lot better than before. ped has no idea, but by tomorrow need to take to ER if she hasnt started to drink and urinate. Pys thinks possible reaction to feelings or sensations that are unfamilar and

she doesnt know how to re act to them. Question is has anyone had a child to react oddly ? She is non verbal so can not tell me what she is feeling. Thanks

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.