RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 6/20 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mac and Cheese Recipe

1 cup dry curd cottage cheese (about one cup)

mix one egg

1/2 cup blanched almond flour,

saltpepper

grate cheddar cheese (about 1/2.cup)

Mix all together. Butter a small crock dish (personal pan size). Put themixture in, grate a little more cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 15minutes or until it is lightly browned on top. It turns out like baked macand cheese. I added a layer of parmesean cheese on the top like 2/3 of a cup

After the cooking commences I remove the foil and place under broiler to get the crusty cheesy top until it turned a nice golden brown and got all bubbly, crunchy, carmelized.Jodi jodah235@...

Spaghetti Squash Torte

1 spaghetti squash, cooked

1 1/2 pints Italian tomato sauce (I use the recipe from Lucy's Cookbook. I make big batches and freeze in pint size jars.)

2.5 lbs. ground meat (I used ground turkey. I would've used ground beef but I didn't have any but the turkey is good.)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup DCCC

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (homemade spice mix)

4 egg whites

1/2 lb. provolone, grated

Cook spaghetti squash using your preferred method (I did it in the oven).

To get some of the liquid out of the spaghetti squash so that the torte wouldn't be too watery, I put it in a colander with a bowl underneath and put a plate on top of the squash. I put something heavy on top of the plate to squeeze the liquid out (same procedure used for dripping yogurt). I left it to "drip" for several hours while I did other things. When I got ready to make the torte, I removed it from the colander and put it in a dishtowel and squeezed it and got as much liquid out as I could.

Brown ground meat in deep fry pan. Drain grease and add Italian tomato sauce. Let reduce until quite thick.

Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and butter a 9x3 inch springform pan.

Combine parmesan cheese, DCCC, Italian seasoning, and egg whites in a large bowl. Toss with the cooked spaghetti squash to coat.

Press half the spaghetti squash mixture in bottom of prepared pan and top with half the tomato meat sauce and half the provolone cheese. Press remaining spaghetti squash mixture into pan and top with remaining tomato meat sauce. Place remaining provolone cheese over the top.

Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand about 15 minutes before cutting.

Kim Hesche khesche51499@... Misty posted last week

Spinach Artichoke Casserole

½ medium onion, chopped

4 T butter

2 pkgs chopped frozen spinach, thawed, well drained

1 can artichokes (unmarinated), cut into quarters

½ cup parmesan cheese

2 cups SCD yogurt (I prefer French cream, as yogurt makes it a little too watery for me.)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F .

2. In a large pot, sauté the onion in butter. Mix with the remaining ingredients and put into a casserole dish.

3. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Serve warm.

Serves 6 to 8 people as dip for veggies or crackers.

"Regular people" love with pita chips and pretzel chips.

For SCD folks, serve with:

SCD crackers (baked cheese crackers great with it)

Red peppers (green, yellow, orange okay, too)

Baby carrots

Broccoli

You cannot substitute banana or applesauce for the yogurt in this recipe! ;-)

Nannette Silvernail fourhammers@...

Fabulous Ice Cream Recipes

3 flavors: Lemon, Vanilla and Almond. Made the yogurt per SCD using half and half.

For each flavor, I used about 1.5 - 2 cups of yogurt.

A little honey to taste.

Almond extract in one batch,

fresh Lemon juice in the second,

and Vanilla extract in the third.

Pouring each mix into different ice cube trays. Once frozen, pop them out and put them in 3 different

labeled zip locks.

Putting the cubes through the juicer Guerin kellyham73@...