RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Dentist Question!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks so much all of you for the info. I went in and talked to him

today and he said that instead of actually doing a filling he is just

going to do a sealant! No needles or loud noises. He says that he can

not even see the cavity on the film so the sealant should be fine.

and Janice,

My daughter has autism is is 14 yrs. old. She needed to have a cavitiy filled when she was 4 and we asked for a pediatric dentist who does well with autistic children. Like Janice, Dr. Lee Weisberg was recommended to us. He was WONDERFUL. He started but just having us come in so he could meet us. He showed up with lots of "goodies" like stickers and pencils. He asked if he could count my daughter's fingers. Afterwards, he asked if she would come back again and this time maybe he could count her teeth and take a "tour" o the office with him. We did come back. On the 3rd visit he filled her cavity. He was like a miracle worker. He was done in about 10-15 mins. WOW. He even called us at home that night to see how she was doing. My daughter really loves him and even my son decided to switch from my dentist. They're very flexible and punctual (which is great

for our kinds of kids). Just make sure that when you make the appt. you tell the receptionist your situation. This will help them prepare for your child.

I hope this really helps. If you want to discuss is off line or to talk, pls let me know. Good luck. If you choose Dr. Weisberg you will be in good hands.

Pam

From: ajaymcp2000 <jaelmck-craigslist@...>Subject: [ ] Re: Dentist Question!! Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 10:09 AM

Hi ,Our dentist has experience with special needs kids (our school nurse recommended him to us for that reason). My son has gone to him twice (but not for anything major; he is only 4) and I liked his easy going approach. His name is Lee Weisberg and he is in Mayfield Heights close to Hillcrest Hospital. Regardless of which dentist you choose, I would suggest phoning him/her and describing your son's issue to get a feel for their reaction and approach... Best of luck to you!Janice>> My son has seen the same dentist twice now and while both times went > really well, the second time we saw him he said that has one cavity > . We scheduled him for an appointment and it is tomorrow, but when I > mentioned it to

him this past weekend he started freaking out. I have an > actual appointment myself tomorrow and was thinking that maybe it would > be best to reschedule his appointment and ask the dentist about this. > Like any child with Asbergers he is very sensitive to light, sound and > vibration. Never mind needles. If he says something like, oh we will > just get through it fine, should I be looking for another dentist? Are > there any dentists in the NE Ohio area that work with special needs kids > or Autism in general? When he was about 5 he had some baby teeth that > had to be pulled but they put him to sleep....I am just not sure that a > dentist would be able to do this to fill a cavity.> > Any suggestions would be wonderful!> > Thanks!> > >