RemedySpot.com

NAA Grant for biomedical treatments, supplements and other autism therapies - Deadline May 15, 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good News! This year again, there is financial help available with biomedical treatments, supplements and other autism therapies from the National Autism Association NAA, which is the parent organization to our local NEOhio chapter. The national organization (NAA) has a grant program that is now accepting applications with a May 15, 2008 deadline. Please read below for more info and go to www.nationalautismassociation.org/helpinghand.php to download the application form. This grant program is open to anyone with the diagnosis of autism and it is nationwide. I think they are giving $1,500

per year...based on financial need, of course. Good luck! From the National Autism Association's Website: Autism is treatable. The Helping Hand Program provides families with financial assistance in getting necessary biomedical treatments, supplements and therapy services for their autistic child. Do not apply for this grant if you are seeking funds for respite care, fencing, trampolines, swingsets, trips to Disney World, etc. This program is intended ONLY for parents in DIRE financial need. Applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2008 and will be kept eligible through the end of the year. Please email questions to ann@.... Frequently Asked Questions Q: How do I know if my child qualifies for help from the National Autism Association? A: Your child must meet all three basic criteria to apply: 1. Birth to age 18 2. Reside in the United States of America. 3. Diagnosed with an autism spectrum

disorder. Q: How much money can I request? A: The maximum amount we can award per family is a one-time grant of $1,500. Q: How do I apply for assistance from the National Autism Association for my child? A: First, review the three basic criteria. If you meet these, then you must complete a GRANT APPLICATION. You must attach a letter from your child's physician that confirms your child's diagnosis. If your request exceeds $300, you must provide a copy of your most recent tax return. Q: Are grant funds paid directly to families? A: At no time are funds transferred to families. All grants awarded are paid directly to the vendor or service provider to pay for tuition, supplements/medication, medical evaluation or testing, therapies, etc. Q: I've sent my application in. How long until I know if my application has been approved? A: Once we have received all components of the application (completed application form, doctor's letter, and tax returns, if applicable), your application will be reviewed by the NAA staff within 3-4 weeks. Two or three grants will be awarded each month during 2008. No awards will exceed $1500 per family at this time. ONLY APPROVED GRANT RECIPIENTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY NAA. Q: I have health insurance. Can I still apply for assistance? A: Yes. Q: I'm not sure if this request falls within the grant guidelines. Should I still send in an application? A: If your request is for

something other than biomedical treatments, supplements or therapies for your child with autism, it does not fall within the grant guidelines. Q: We have so many medical bills, we're having trouble paying the rent/electric /water/telephone bills. Can NAA help us? A: The guidelines of this grant do not allow payment for anything other than biomedical treatments, supplements or therapies for your child with autism. Q: Do you know of any other grant programs we can apply for? A: We suggest contacting the following organizations for information on their grant programs. ACT-Today at http://www.act-today.orgUnited Healthcare Children's Foundation at http://www.uhccf.org NAA is not affiliated with the above organizations and cannot provide details on grant

guidelines or availability. Please contact them directly. Please note: Applications postmarked after May 15, 2008 cannot be accepted. The Helping Hand Program for 2008 is primarily funded by a generous donation from the Fuller Family, in honor of Cole Fuller. All of us at NAA are extremely grateful to the Fuller Family for their gift. On behalf of our board of directors, membership and all of the families whose lives will be touched, thank you!