RemedySpot.com

PLAY project, Method, Hanen Program, and TEACCH

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everybody,

I'm in the middle of filling out the Early Intervention Application

that my service coordinator sent me, and it asks specifically what

service and what providers I want to use...

I have the statewide list of EI providers (assuming the one online is

up to date), but I have no idea what any of these providers actually

offer. I have a flyer from Achievement Centers that they offer PLAY

project, Method, Hanen Program, and TEACCH. Anybody doing any of

these programs and with an EI provider?

We are currently doing Responsive Teaching (like Floortime) and I'm

going out of my mind trying to balance the recommended 20 hours with 2

other kids plus work on speech. We had hired someone to help but she

didn't show up second day.

Sorry I know I've been asking a lot of questions...we are still in the

early stages and still trying to get all services in place. Any input

much appreciated.

Guest guest

I'm not sure what the Early Intervention Application is, but I am familiar with Responsive Teaching, Floortime and PLAY Project. We participated in Case Western Reserve University's research project on Responsive Teaching last year. We currently are using PLAY Project, seeing Dr. every 6 months and having a PLAY Project trained consultant come to the home once a month. I too find that doing the therapy yourself (with other children) is difficult but ultimately the most effective, and we have found help from OT or SLP master program students (we put up flyers at the colleges, etc.). If you would like further information about any of these therapies, please feel free to contact me off line at esullivan.home@...

-Eileen

From: speedingkiwi <devorahhoffman@...>Subject: [ ] PLAY project, Method, Hanen Program, and TEACCH Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 12:50 PM

Hi everybody,I'm in the middle of filling out the Early Intervention Application that my service coordinator sent me, and it asks specifically what service and what providers I want to use...I have the statewide list of EI providers (assuming the one online is up to date), but I have no idea what any of these providers actually offer. I have a flyer from Achievement Centers that they offer PLAY project, Method, Hanen Program, and TEACCH. Anybody doing any of these programs and with an EI provider?We are currently doing Responsive Teaching (like Floortime) and I'm going out of my mind trying to balance the recommended 20 hours with 2 other kids plus work on speech. We had hired someone to help but she didn't show up second day. Sorry I know I've been asking a lot of questions... we are still in the early stages and still trying to get all services in place. Any input much

appreciated.