that Project LifeSaver is acive and available. Does anyone know about

Cuyahoga County? Or Olmsted Falls? My Granaparents still live

independently and we/I are worried that my Grandfather will wander off

one on these days.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Debbie

Guest guest

Debbie,

You can contact the Alzheimer's Association. They had free enrollment in "Safe Return" about 10 years ago; hopefully they still have the same or similar program. When my mother had Alzheimer's, she wore a safe return bracelet and my father also had one as the caregiver. In case of wandering, first responders could contact the Alzheimer's Association number on the bracelet in order to connect them with the proper caregiver. The Association also has a generous amount of helpful information and wonderful people manning their phones. You can find them online at www.alz.org or 1-800-272-3900 for more information. They were also helpful in finding support groups in our area as well as just being there if we had any questions.

Good luck to you. I hope this is some help for you.

Dolly

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:13 PM

Subject: [ ] OT: Project LifeSaver

Hello. Sorry for the off topic post or if this has been posted previosly...BUT...My family and I live out of state, have a son with Autism and my Grandparents live in Olmsted Falls. My 92 year old Grandfather has just been diagnosed with early Alzheimers. In some counties I know that Project LifeSaver is acive and available. Does anyone know about Cuyahoga County? Or Olmsted Falls? My Granaparents still live independently and we/I are worried that my Grandfather will wander off one on these days.Thank you in advance for your help.Debbie

Guest guest

Dolly, thank you for the info...we will start here!

Debbie

From: jdhartnagle <jdhartnagle@...>Subject: Re: [ ] OT: Project LifeSaver Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 1:55 PM

Debbie,

You can contact the Alzheimer's Association. They had free enrollment in "Safe Return" about 10 years ago; hopefully they still have the same or similar program. When my mother had Alzheimer's, she wore a safe return bracelet and my father also had one as the caregiver. In case of wandering, first responders could contact the Alzheimer's Association number on the bracelet in order to connect them with the proper caregiver. The Association also has a generous amount of helpful information and wonderful people manning their phones. You can find them online at www.alz.org or 1-800-272-3900 for more information. They were also helpful in finding support groups in our area as well as just being there if we had any questions.

Good luck to you. I hope this is some help for you.

Dolly

----- Original Message -----

@group s.com

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:13 PM

Subject: [ ] OT: Project LifeSaver

Hello. Sorry for the off topic post or if this has been posted previosly... BUT...My family and I live out of state, have a son with Autism and my Grandparents live in Olmsted Falls. My 92 year old Grandfather has just been diagnosed with early Alzheimers. In some counties I know that Project LifeSaver is acive and available. Does anyone know about Cuyahoga County? Or Olmsted Falls? My Granaparents still live independently and we/I are worried that my Grandfather will wander off one on these days.Thank you in advance for your help.Debbie