RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 8/23 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peanut Butter "Tastycakes"Cake:3 tablespoons butter, melted1/4 cup honey1/2 cup yogurt2 eggs2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour1/2 teas. baking soda1/4 teas. saltMix and spread in butted small baking dish. Bake at 310 degrees for 30 minutes.Icing:Since we were

experimenting, I don't have exact measurements. I just used a small amount of yogurt with a larger amount of both honey and peanut butter. I mixed the icing and put it on the pieces when ready to serve. That way I could refridgerate the icing separately. I wasn't sure how it would hold up on the cake in the fridge.Kathy Sayre ksayre123@...

Okay not crepes,really thin pancakes but Crepes sound better!for the "Crepe's1 egg Seperated2 TBLS Nut Flour2 TBLS SCD Yogurt1 OZ Liquid, water or Nut Milk1/8 teas SCD VanillaDash SaltBeat egg white with salt to thick merangue.In seperate bowl combine other ingredients and mix well.Pour slowly into egg white while beating. In NON STICK preheated pan add mixture and swirl around pan, you want it thin but not to thin or you can't turn it,fry until edges brown then turn and cook a few more seconds and repeat till batter is gone, I usually get three to four.I used Asian PearsCut pears in halve and core.Cut into 1/4" slices and fry in butter till carmalized.Serve 2 to 3 slices rolled in "Crepe" with Asiago or cheese of your choice.

Donna Fossett1@...

Ice Creamþ

4 eggs1/2 c honey1/2 c oil (I use coconut)1 c water or OJWith hand blender, blend all in pot. Heat on med/low flame stirringconstantly until it thickens (You do not want scrambled eggs, so thisis the tricky part) Remove, cool and blend again ( I dont wait all thatlong to cool) Freeze 6 hours. Reblend and refreeze.Diff flavors (add before freezing)Vanilla: 2-3 tsp vanilla extract (With OJ, this tastes like creamsicle)Coffee: 1 Folgers in 1/2 c boiling water/add rest of water (This flavor I dont use OJ)Strawberry: 1/2 bag blended frozen strawberries.Esteebe esteebe1@...

Rib Barbecue Sauce

Bring 8 Cups of tomato juice to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer for 1 to 2 hours. No Lid. Stir often. I measure the depth with a mixing stick and mark a 50% line.

End up with 4 cups.

3 Racks of Ribs (18-21”) Boil cut up ribs in water

for 35 to 45 Min or till fully cooked. Some like the meat to fall of the bone,

I like the meat to stay on the bone. Drain water and let cool.

8Tbs Olive Oil

1 Large Onion in Food Processor to an apple sauce paste

3/4 Tsp Tabasco Sauce

4 Cups of Pre- Reduced by 50%Tomato Juice

1 ½ Cups of Honey

4 Tbs of White Vinegar

2 Tbs Salt

6 Cracks of Pepper

Pre heat oven to 375 Broil,

In a Medium size pot, Sauté Onions in oil till golden brown,

Add the rest of the list, cook for another 10 to 15 Min.

Dip the ribs in the sauce very well and lay with spacing on a foiled tray. You will need two trays.

Place tray in oven, make sure to rotate the trays and baste if necessary.

Once the one side is done flip all ribs one at a time remember to keep the spacing.

Remember to rotate trays.

Get a lot on napkins!!!!

Note: I also have used homemade Tomato Sauce instead of Tomato Juice

Please make sure all items are SCD legal.

KitCabSource@...

Hot Wing Sauce

½ Cup Honey

½ Cup White Vinegar

1 Stick of Butter

2 Table Spoon salt

2 Cups Tomato Juice ( Pre Reduced )

2 Table Spoons Tabbasco Sauce

KitCabSource@...

Zuccini - Basil Soup

I sauteed chicken in a wok with olive oil until just done. Removed the chicken and sauteed onions, garlic, salt and pepper in the chicken drippings until well browned. Peeled and sliced about 3 pounds of zucchini into noodles on my mandolin. I used the cores of the zucchini with some cilantro to make a small batch of zucchini soup. I chopped the chicken, added the zucchini noodles, and the soup to the wok and cooked for about 30-45 minutes. The soup gave it a nice creamy sauce and cooked the noodles nicely. The sauce almost had the texture of a flour/roux based sauce. I think basil would have been better than cilantro, but that's all I had on hand.

some chicken

3 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into thirds

some cilantro or basil3/4 cup chopped onion2 garlic cloves, chopped1/4 cup olive oil 4 cups water, divided1/3 cup packed basil leavesEquipment: an adjustable-blade slicer fitted with 1/8-inch julienne attachment***Preparation nne skin (only) from half of zucchini with slicer; toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and drain in a sieve until wilted, at least 20 minutes. Coarsely chop remaining zucchini.Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 3- to 4-quarts heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chopped zucchini and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water and simmer, partially covered, until tender,

about 15 minutes (I simmered mine for about 30). Purée soup with basil in 2 batches in a blender (use caution when blending hot liquids). (I used my immersion bledner.)Bring remaining cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and blanch julienned zucchini 1 minute. Drain in a sieve set over a bowl (use liquid to thin soup if necessary). Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls with julienned zucchini mounded on top.

Misty miztydawn@...

Stuffed Bellpeppers Bellpepers stuffed with dirty rice dressing is a staple in my family (and I think the whole south) and my sister makes the best. I've been craving them for a while now so decided I'd play around and what I came up with was wonderful.

1 lb. ground meat3-4 lbs. peeled and diced fine zucchini and yellow squash1 onion diced4 cloves garlic mincedsalt and pepper to taste2 TBS Italian seasoningBellpeppers with the tops removed and the insides cleaned out.Cheese (optional)Stock for keeping the mixture wetSautee onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until almost done.Add ground meat and pepper to taste and cook until well done. Kinda crispy like.Add diced squash on top and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 5 minutesMix the squash in with the meatAdd Italian seasoning and keep mixing until you see the juice from the squash bubbling.Lower heat to medium low. I cooked it for about an hour and kept stirring every once in a while. I had to add veggie stock to keep

it semi-wet.Stuff peppers with the meat/squash mixture. If using cheese, leave a little room. Stuff the cheese into the pepper (I used colby jack) and cook at 350 in a pan with a little water (about 1/4 inch) until the pepper is tender. Misty miztydawn@...

2) 46 oz cans tomato juice (only salt added)1-1/2 cup white vinegar2 bay leaves1/2 tsp ground cinnamon1/2 tsp ground mustard1/4 tsp sweet hungarian paprika or better yet, smoked paprika1/2 tsp ground chipoltle pepper2 tsp salt2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped12 cloves garlic, smashed1 Tbs liquid smoke1-1/2 cups honeyand maybe 1 tablespoon Tabasco Hot sauce (the original red only2) 46 oz cans tomato juice (only salt added)1-1/2 cup white vinegar2 bay leaves1/2 tsp ground cinnamon1/2 tsp ground mustard1/4 tsp sweet hungarian paprika or better yet, smoked paprika1/2 tsp ground chipoltle pepper2 tsp salt2 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped12 cloves garlic, smashed1 Tbs liquid smoke1-1/2 cups honeyand maybe 1 tablespoon Tabasco Hot sauce (the original red only

SQUASH FRENCH FRIES by SheilaButternut squasholive oilPreheat oven to 425F. Cut butternut squash in thin slices by hand or with a slicer. Toss them in olive oil, and place slices on a *baking stone. Bake until crisp. No turning is requiredTip: Baking Stone is available from Pampered Chef on http://www.scdiet.net/ under SCDiet Recipe Links at the bottom.

Baked Beans my mom's recipe

1 pound bag navy beans

1/2 pound SCD legal bacon

1 onion, thinly sliced

3 cloves garlic minced

1 bay leaf

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

2 cups SCD legal tomato juice

1 tablespoon vinegar

1 cup honey

Soak beans overnight in cold water, drain and rinse. Put beans in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then drain again. Put just enough water on the beans to cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Drain.

While the beans are simmering, in a saucepan combine honey, garlic, salt, pepper, dry mustard, tomato juice, vinegar and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce until it starts to thicken. Preheat oven to 325°

Arrange the beans in a 2-quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing half of the beans in the bottom of dish and layering them with half the onion and bacon. Top with onion and bacon.

Remove the bay leaf from the sauce and pour over the beans. If the sauce doesn’t cover the beans pour enough additional tomato juice to just cover beans. Cover the dish with aluminum foil or a lid (I used both). Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven. Remove the lid at 1 hour intervals and add more tomato juice if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry (I checked every hour but never needed to add any). Kim Hesche khesche51499@...

BBq Sauce eatingscd.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/barbecue-sauce-2/

Ribs eatingscd.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/bbq-ribs/

Stocker paul.stockfish@... ask about his cracker recipe

on eatingSCD.wordpress.com