RemedySpot.com

Re: Meeting re: school districts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Doews

From: smsheldon <sugarsheldon@...>Subject: [ ] Meeting re: school districts Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:51 PM

The concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the bad; what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need to make when evaluating districts.The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8 p.m. on a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least open until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions- -particularly around the Independence/ Rockside Road area, please let me know. Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your district and want to share your information, or if you just have advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)Keep an eye out for a post regarding the location closer to the date. Thanks!:-)

Does anyone know if these arrangements have been finalized and if so, what are they? I need to transition my daughter from her private special needs school ( Billiart), to another school next year because JB only goes to 8th grade and next year she will be starting 9th.

Please respond. Thanks,

Pam

(Mother of a 14yr old High Functioning Autistic child)

From: smsheldon <sugarsheldon@...>Subject: [ ] Meeting re: school districts Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:51 PM

The concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the bad; what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need to make when evaluating districts.The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8 p.m. on a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least open until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions- -particularly around the Independence/ Rockside Road area, please let me know. Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your district and want to share your information, or if you just have advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)Keep an eye out for a post regarding the location closer to the date. Thanks!:-)

The meeting is definite. Our location is the only thing up in the

air. I have to check in with times of operation, but I think we may

end up at the Starbucks on Rockside. I will post a definite meeting

place by the middle of next week. Please plan on getting together

next Sunday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m.

Thanks!

:-)

>

> From: smsheldon <sugarsheldon@...>

> Subject: [ ] Meeting re: school districts

>

> Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:51 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> The concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday,

October

> 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the

bad;

> what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need

to

> make when evaluating districts.

>

> The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8

p.m. on

> a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least

open

> until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions- -particularly

around

> the Independence/ Rockside Road area, please let me know.

>

> Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to

> compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your

> district and want to share your information, or if you just have

> advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)

>

> Keep an eye out for a post regarding the location closer to the

date.

> Thanks!

> :-)

>

Thanks for putting this together! We are still interested...at least one of us will be there, if not both.

Just keep us posted on the meeting place!

Jill and MikeNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

, thanks for your reply. I will put aside that date and time, and wait for the rest of the info. I look forward to meeting you and all the other parents. This is really a great idea.

Pam

From: smsheldon <sugarsheldon@...>Subject: [ ] Re: Meeting re: school districts Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 9:49 PM

The meeting is definite. Our location is the only thing up in the air. I have to check in with times of operation, but I think we may end up at the Starbucks on Rockside. I will post a definite meeting place by the middle of next week. Please plan on getting together next Sunday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m.Thanks!:-) > > From: smsheldon <sugarsheldon@ ...>> Subject: [ ] Meeting re: school districts> @group s.com> Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:51 PM> > > > > > > The

concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday, October > 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the bad; > what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need to > make when evaluating districts.> > The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8 p.m. on > a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least open > until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions- -particularly around > the Independence/ Rockside Road area, please let me know. > > Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to > compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your > district and want to share your information, or if you just have > advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)> > Keep an eye out for a post regarding the

location closer to the date. > Thanks!> :-) >

Hi, I'm new! My son Brendon is only two years old, but I would

DEFINITELY be interested in attending this meeting, because I have no

idea of what to even LOOK FOR in a School District since he's on the

spectrum. Plus, we wanted to Homeschool and I wondered what the

logistics for school based therapies would be in that case.

Where is the Starbucks on Rockside Road? (We're in Lakewood.) Is

that location definite? And could I bring my kids? (I also have a

one year old daughter.) Thanks!

>

> The concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday, October

> 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the bad;

> what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need to

> make when evaluating districts.

>

> The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8 p.m. on

> a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least open

> until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions--particularly around

> the Independence/Rockside Road area, please let me know.

>

> Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to

> compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your

> district and want to share your information, or if you just have

> advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)

>

> Keep an eye out for a post regarding the location closer to the date.

> Thanks!

> :-)

>

Is there a location yet?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 9:51 PM

Subject: [ ] Meeting re: school districts

The concensus is that there will be an open meeting on Sunday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m. to discuss school districts--the good and the bad; what to look for, who to talk to, and the considerations you need to make when evaluating districts.The location is TBA. I checked into Panera, but they close at 8 p.m. on a Sunday, so we need to find somewhere else (I thought at least open until 9 o'clock). If anyone has any suggestions--particularly around the Independence/Rockside Road area, please let me know. Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. If you are looking to compare districts, if you are in need of a move, if you LOVE your district and want to share your information, or if you just have advice... please plan to attend! The more input the better :-)Keep an eye out for a post regarding the location closer to the date. Thanks!:-)