RemedySpot.com

support groups from milestones.org

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This may be helpful - there are already groups out there, if you are interested.

http://milestones.org/parent_support.htm

Sincerely,

Pattison

National Autism Association - Northeast Ohio (NAA-NEO) Helping Hand Program Manager P. O. Box 221195 Beachwood, OH 44122 E-mail: apattison@... Phone (216)544-1231 Web: www.autismnortheastohio.org--- On Sun, 11/9/08, < > wrote:

From: < >Subject: [ ] Digest Number 1791 Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 6:18 PM

Autism - Northeast Ohio, Support

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.

Re: Need a GOOD Parent Support Group From: cabstg@...

1b.

Re: Need a GOOD Parent Support Group From: Bajornas

(no subject) From: Joann son

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

Re: Need a GOOD Parent Support Group

Posted by: "cabstg@..." cabstg@... carol.brown28

Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:20 am (PST)

I too am looking for a support group.? Have a 12 year old Asperger boy.? We live in Columbia Station, which is southwest of Cleveland in Lorain county.? With all of the shopping centers close to I480 and I90, we should be able to find something.? Perhaps we could meet at a place like Panera's or Applebee's (or similiar family restuarant). ? I know it depends on age of children and whether or not the children would be coming with us.? I would like to meet with parents first few sessions and then bring children to meet each other if this works for others.? Even if we just met in person once, we could do it like a networking for business.? Where you meet, have some type of organization with introductions and then exchange addresses.? Networking is very helpful, and then you can continue to stay in touch with those who have similar situations for your situation.? Sometimes it is easier to communicate from our one home, from

our own computer with our situations.? Then we could network again every other month.?I would be willing to help in finding a spot to network and places maybe more accomodating to us if we use the term networking group than support group.Carol Brown

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (13)

1b.

Re: Need a GOOD Parent Support Group

Posted by: " Bajornas" runerinleigh@... runerinleigh

Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:06 am (PST)

The parent I am posting on behalf of ,who isinterested in a support group, has a 10 year old sonwith cerebral palsy and Autism on the severe end ofthe spectrum. She is more interested in speaking toparents without the presence of her son more like asocial gathering to share stories and networks. I dontthink taking him a long would be practical for her, ashe has very high needs and behaviors. Please keep meposted, it's a great idea:) Bajornas--- cabstg@... wrote:> I too am looking for a support group.? Have a 12> year old Asperger boy.? We live in Columbia Station,> which is southwest of Cleveland in Lorain county.?> With all of the shopping centers close to I480 and> I90, we should be able to find something.? Perhaps> we could meet at a place like Panera's or

Applebee's> (or similiar family restuarant). ? I know it depends> on age of children and whether or not the children> would be coming with us.? > > I would like to meet with parents first few sessions> and then bring children to meet each other if this> works for others.? Even if we just met in person> once, we could do it like a networking for> business.? Where you meet, have some type of> organization with introductions and then exchange> addresses.? Networking is very helpful, and then you> can continue to stay in touch with those who have> similar situations for your situation.? Sometimes it> is easier to communicate from our one home, from our> own computer with our situations.? Then we could> network again every other month.?> > I would be willing to help in finding a spot to> network and places maybe more

accomodating to us if> we use the term networking group than support group.> > > Carol Brown>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (13)

(no subject)

Posted by: "Joann son" jo777468@... jo777468

Sun Nov 9, 2008 3:02 pm (PST)

www.awares.org/ conferences Autism2008 - the latest Awares International Online Autism Conference - opens on November 24, 2008 and lasts for a whole week. Last year's conference attracted thousands of delegates from around the world and Professor Simon Baron-Cohen called it "the best online autism conference on the planet." As in previous years, Autism2008 is a unique opportunity to put your questions directly to people with autism and international autism professionals. This year's outstanding list of more than seventy speakers includes: Professor Simon Baron-Cohen (UK), Dr Mesibov (USA), Dr Ami Klin (USA), Donna (Australia), Dr Folstein (USA), Merry Barua (India), Dr Constantino (USA), Dr Carol Gray (USA), Dr Skuse (UK), Dr Pamela Heaton (UK), Dr Glenys (Wales), Dr Dawn Wimpory (Wales), Dr Keay-Bright (Wales), Shore

(USA) Dr o Canitano (Italy), Dr Casanova (USA), Dr ne Bejerot (Sweden), Chantal Sicile-Kira (USA), Dr Darold Treffert (USA), Dr Mayada Elsabagh (UK), Dr Sven Boelte (Germany), Nuala and Dale Gardiner (UK), Dr DeLong (USA), Dr Dirk Dhossche (USA), Dennis Debbaudt (USA), Dr Cheryl Dissanayake (Australia), and Dr Ludlow (UK). Topics will range from the genetics, neurology and immunology of autism, biomedical approaches, environmental issues, educational methods, autism in adolescents and adults and first-hand experiences of living with autism and Asperger's syndrome. Autism2008 is open to absolutely anyone with an interest in autism. To find out more about Autism2008 and receive e-mail updates with all the latest conference news, please take a moment to register now at www.awares.org/ conferences and make a note in your diary to join us on November 24, 2008.

Please also let anyone else know who might be interested. Abstracts of speakers' papers will be available online at www.awares.org/ conferences from November 17, 2008, and the full papers from November 21. An online Foyer Café will also be available for delegates to meet and discuss issues prior to the conference. Autism2008 - the Awares International Online Autism Conference - is organised by Autism Cymru, Wales' National Charity for Autism Just a reminder that you can register right now for Autism2008 at www.awares.org/ conferences Jo Anne

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Health

Healthy Aging

Improve your

quality of life.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Group

to share and learn.

Going Green Zone

Find Green groups.

Find Green resources.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Database

*** Additional Info:Above all else; always remember that love makes the world a brighter and nicer place! May love be with you and your family.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Biomedical Group Meetings:NEO-NAA and join together to provide biomedical support to families who have children with autism and related conditions. These meeting are for everyone who is considering to broaden the intervention approaches used. Next meeting date will be posted to the list.For biomedical online support see: Autism-Biomed-Ohio For Cleveland area meetings and events see: autismbiomedcleveland~~~ ~~~Monthly Meeting

with ASGC.The first Tuesday of each month we meet with the Autism Society of Greater Cleveland. The ASGC brings in speakers of all topics regarding services and resources for all families who have loved ones with autism. A Childcare activities program is provided for both children on the spectrum and their siblings on site and is covered by the ASGC. Location: Cuyahoga Valley Career Center 8001 Brecksville Road, Brecksville OH. For *Childcare RSVP to: 216-556-4937 - Website: www.asgc.org~~~ ~~~Legal Rights in Special Education: slawFor up to date information on your Legal rights see:http://www.wrightslaw.com~~~ ~~~Internet Chat Wednesday evenings 9:30pm EST. For weekly topic list (see right side column of webpage.)http://hometown.aol.com/parentschat/homepage.html~~~ ~~~Photos with Santa for the 2007 Christmas party.http://www.asgc.org/special-Holiday_Party-2007_images01.htmRight click your family's photo and save to your hard drive.~~~ ~~~Help raise money for ASO http://www.goodsearch.com Verify: Autism Society of Akron, Ohio~~~ ~~~ Our Parent Contact list - View & print by City /database?method=reportRows & tbl=2 & sortBy=3 & sortDir=down & startAt= & prntRpt=1

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Unsubscribe