RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 3/28 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

"Spinana" ice creamOne frozen bananaOne Tbs of pureed spinachzap in the food processorBest way to get them to eat their spinach and not complain!Kathleen katalisp@... Mayonaise 2 eggs, a little pure yellow mustard powder, a little salt, 1 cup each canola and olive oil (2 cups total). I dribble the oil into my food processor over the eggs, etc. Add dripped out yogurt and blue cheese for dips, etc. I have mayo that I know is SCD compliant. Morton Bassan mbassan@... Tortilla in "Eat Well Feel Well" If any of you have not made the recipe because you don't have the iron. bake the flattened tortillas between parchment sheets for 4-5 min at 290*F. and they are reaaly good! kuneshfamily@... Egg/Bannana Pancakes 1 egg and 1 banana mixed equals a crepelike pancake. Best suited for cooking in your smallest skillet with a thin layer of olive oil heated hot. Cook until the edges are browning and whole cake is bubbly and almost settled....if turned too soon it will break apart and be messy. 2 egg and 1 banana mixed equals a more puffy pancake with a slight banana taste. Best suited for cooking in a larger pan with a thin layer of olive oil. I still pour as one pancake but when it gets to the turning stage I cut it in half or in quarters and flip each section like an egg. Now I am cooking this for

just one person....so if you are cooking for little ones who are particular about having round little cakes make them really small, and just don't flip too soon.Sandy Hansen sjphansen@... Chicken Nuggets If you want nuggets, cut them crosswise. Then dip in some beaten egg, then dip again until evenly coated in a mixture that contains almond flour and sesame seeds [can omipt seeds] in a 1:1 proportion. To this add dried herbs to tasteand salt and pepper. Then fry in a frying pan in olive oil. A few minutes each side. Then line a plate with paper towel and when each one is ready, place it on plate. When the plate gets full, add another piece of paper towel on top and addmore, etc.Mara Schiffren alcibiades@... Shake

n' Bake" Chicken4 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in (or drumsticks)1/2 cup almond flour1 tsp salt1 tsp pepper1 tsp paprikaMix almond flour, salt, pepper, paprika in a Ziplock bag. Put one chicken piece in the bag and seal. Shake it around and coat the chicken. Place the chicken skin side up in a glass baking dish. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. If you're using chicken breast I'm not sure if it will stick as well. You may want to wet the chicken breast with water first.Kat Squash Buttons four eggs one cooked acorn squash or 1/2 cooked large butternut sqaush1 TBS of Coconut Oil 1 TSP of Cinnamon. This method has worked the best for me and our buttons do not stick and come out very much bread like.Dana Pope Bread crumb stuffed artichokes. First I trim the points with a pair of scissors, then I turn them on there side and cut the first 1/2" or so off of the top. Then I cut off the stem so they sit flat. Then wash them under the facet while pulling them open slightly and soak them for an hour. She has never told me why she soaks them, but I think it to flush out anything thats made its why into the leaves. Now as for the stuffing, she cant remember the exact amount because its been years since she made the so I have been playing with the amounts,( maybe Marilyn can help out with this) but here is what IM doing for now. Please keep in mind I LOVE SALT. 4 nice size artichokes 3 cups almond flour 2 eggs 2Tbs olive oil 2 Tbs salt 1cup grated parmesan cheese This is the part that need help, Mom would have used Progresso Seasoned

Italian Bread Crumbs (Not SCD) so I need to add the seasoning to the almond flour. 1 Tbl sp crushed basil 1 Tbl sp oregano 1 Tbl sp marjoram Basically I was putting in green flakes to make the flour look like the seasoned bread crumbs. Mix that all together, Take the artichokes out off the water and dry them off.( dump the old water out) Over a plate start stuffing the artichokes from the center, out. If I have extra stuffing mix left over, I pile it on top of the already stuffed artichokes. Now find a pot that holds the 4 artichokes so that they dont move around. Carefully fill with water until the water level is just below the stuffing. I also salt the water, but remember I LOVE SALT. Cover and Boil for 45 min to 60 min, keep in mind to check the water level. Sometime you might have to add water. I like to make sure there is always some water or (broth) left so that if the stuffing is dry I can add some broth on top.

If you choose to cook without salt, maybe someone in the family cant have it, you can add the salt to the extra broth for everyone else and pour it over the top add let it trickle down thru the artichoke. Lou KitCabSource@... BRISKET 6 to 7 pounds beef brisket 2 tablespoons kosher salt2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4 cloves)2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks 8 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch chunks 6 yellow onions, peeled and sliced6 fresh or dried bay leaves1 (46-ounce) can tomato juice Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

F. Place the brisket in a heavy roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Rub the mixture on the brisket. Pilethe carrots, celery, onions, and bay leaves on the brisket and pour in enough tomato juice to come about 3/4 of the way up the meat and vegetables.Cover the top of the pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, then with aluminum foil. (The tomato juice will react unpleasantly with the aluminum foil if they touch.) Bake for 3 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender. Remove the meat from the pan and keep it warm. Place the pan on 2 burners and boil the vegetables and sauce over medium heat for another 30 minutes, or until thesauce is thickened.To serve, slice the meat across the grain. Serve with the vegetables. Schwab schwab814@... Gertrude Snicklegrove's

Bone Broth First of all, from free range, the bones are best cooked for 24 hours or more! Some people cook for less time, it will still be healthy. Also, an amendment, I use a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar, but if this is problemic for you, better to use distilled white vinegar, or juice of a lemon. The bones I crack with my bare hands after many cooking hours, usually for chickens or turkeys, but for bigger bones, get them sawed open by a butcher to get some of the marrow out. I take these bones and put them in a stockpot. I cover with justenough water,add about 1/4 cup apple cidar vinegar, bring to a boil, then gently simmer for anumber of hours. You don't want to use too much apple cidar vinegar, because then you will taste it in the final broth or soup. 1/4 cup seems to be tasteless for the final product when I cook. The purpose of the vinegar, it softens the bones. Then, I remove the stockpot from the heat.

I remove the bones and let cool a tiny bit, then I crack them open. I take one of those scraper utensils that comes with a basic nutcracker at the grocery store, and scrape outall the marrow. I return broken bones and marrow back to the cooking water, and simmeron low heat for many more hours, at least 4, but preferably more. This soup takes me a whole day to make. I then strain out all bone and marrow bits. This is the basic bone broth. Then I add whatever stock I have one hand to it, cooking and/or medicenal herbs, veggies, whatever you want to make a soup/broth you will eat/drink. Low heat is really key, with a long cooking time. I have found this to be an excellent way of getting good ratios of bone matrix building minerals into my body Summer's Family SHORT CUTS IN COOKING SCD Chicken nuggets:Boneless

Chicken (breasts or thighs etc) (grind chicken up)1 egg ---(we don't use egg and it worked super)bread crumbs-so your nut flour of choice, or SCD crumbs of choice we used pecan meal and it was fabBeat egg in a small bowl. Fill another bowl with seasoned(salt,pep etc.) Whirl chicken in food processor or blender till finely chopped.Scoop a teaspoon sized blob of chicken and drop into egg (or skip this step like I did) and then lightly roll in crubs (or meal like I did) Lay on parchment lined cookie sheet, press and form a nugget about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, cool (I used a wire rack so that the bottom didn't get 'wet' Freeze seperated and flat reheat as needed. Dump Chicken:(for any meal)(the whole premiss is to put all of the ingrediants for a meal into a

plastic freezer bag, label and pull-thaw and put into your baking dish and cook like usual. Or put the frozen ingred. in the crockpot and your done. Veges that are going to be cooked anyway and it's a simple way to throw a few meals together at a time and freeze. ie. Made 3 meals with all of the ingred. Use Tupperware etc. [Don't use frozen and thawed ingred. to be refrozen. Frozen or thawed stays that way until frozen in the bag.] Garlic Lemon Chicken serves 4-84 to 8 pieces of chicken2 cloves chopped garlic4 TBL olive oil2 TBL chopped parsley3 TBL lemon juice1/8 tsp pepperThrow it all in the bag, freeze, later thaw and bake at 350 for 30 min Chicken

Fajitas:Cut chicken in strips. Place in bag with:2 TBL oil1/4 cup lime juice1/2 tsp. cumin1/8 tsp. pepperIn separate bag, freeze:1 each red, yellow, green peppers, cut into strips1 onion, sliced thin1 close garlic, mincedStir-fry later thawed chicken in oil, then add veggiesAimee aedarling1@... Applesauce I froze applesauce and then thawed it. It was delicious. I don't knowabot the nutrients but the taste was great!Yana Jeleva yana.jeleva@... Things In The Freezer mixed and shaped meatloaf (but not cooked yet)basic tomato sauce that could be made into spaghetti sauce/ketchup/meatloaf

glaze/cacciatore etc (reduced tomato juice with garlic and onion cooked into it)tomato sauce (the substitute tomato sauce we use made from carrots and beets)chicken stockbeef stockchicken cupcakescarrot/squash buttonsall versions of acceptable pancakes and wafflesbread (freeze by the half loaf) cathcall@... Marilyn's beef & broccoli pies freeze wellMeleah Corner Freeze pearsauce (And tomato sauce and chicken stock) After cooking and cooling, put it into an ice tray. Once it's frozen I take the cubes and put them in ziplock bags. Can take a few cubes out at a time, reheat and serve. It also helps to do this if you are trying to rotate foods. - Gato amandagato@...

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.