RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 4/4 MARILYN'S Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Egg Nog Ice Cream (LSCDL Recipe)3 cups crème fresh[1]6 egg yolks1/2 cup honey1 tablespoon double vanilla extract* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmegBeat egg yolks with honey, vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. Heat mixture in a double boiler over gently simmering water, stirring constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Add to crème fresh and mix well. Pour into ice cream maker and process for 30-45 minutes. If you do not have an ice cream maker, be sure you mix the ice cream in a large metal bowl, and that you have room for the bowl in your freezer. When the ice cream mixture is well blended, place

the bowl in the freezer. In about 15-20 minutes, go in and scrape the frozen mixture from the sides of the bowl and mix it briefly with the rest of the mixture. Repeat this until the mixture is all frozen, and about the texture of commercial soft-serve ice cream. Then proceed as below.Meanwhile, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place one piece of wrap in the loaf pan one way, over hanging the edges, and another at 90 degrees, also overhanging the edges. A third hand is strongly recommended during the plastic wrap procedure. When you are ready to kill something because the wrap won’t go in, and repeatedly sticks to itself, remind yourself of how good the ice cream will taste. Scoop the ice cream in and press with the back of a spoon or spatula to make sure there are no air holes, and then smooth the top. Fold the plastic wrap gently over the top, and place loaf pan in the freezer to become quite solid. Take the ice cream out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before

serving so that it softens enough to slice. [1] 35% milk fat cream (heavy, or whipping cream) yogurt, drained. For a slightly lighter ice cream, use half and half yogurt cheese.*In place of double vanilla extract: Take a 2 inch piece of vanilla bean and split lengthwise. Add to egg mixture while heating, along with 1 tablespoon of regular vanilla extract. When cool, remove vanilla bean and scrape out seeds. Add these to the ice cream mixture.Note: Make Pecan Meringue Cookies with the leftover egg whites from this ice cream. You will get a LOT of cookies! Lara Bars SCD Legal I split and pit Medjool dates. I stuff them with pecans or cashews or almonds (or nut flour

or nut butter if whole nuts are not tolerated). Sometimes I add some cinnamon or ginger or nutmeg, and sometimes I add bits of other fruit like Bing cherries that I have dried. It's just as delicious -- and you KNOW it doesn't have anything illegal in it. I suppose I ought to write down my proportions -- but the handy thing about making them one serving at a time.Wizop Marilyn L. Alm LouisianaSCDLagniappe@...

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.