RemedySpot.com

Aspirin Desens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am just finishing my first day at Scripps with nothing much happening.

I did talk to Dr son about the amount of aspirin I will need to take. He said it will probably be 2 tablets (650mg) twice a day for 1 year then I can take 1 tablet twice a day. He also said that they are going to start a study to see if they can reduce the amount to 1 month instead of 1 year. He is waiting for "approval" to start the study.

He told me that if I start having severe GI problems that I could lower the dose before 1 year.

More later...

Rob

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

> Why is your lung doctor against densensitization?

A review of posts over, say, the last 5 years, will give overwhelming

evidence that the number of doctors who do not know about Samters,

or,

who only pretend to know about it and as a result give bad advice,

FAR outweighs the number of doctors who have provided useful, accurate

advice to members here.

(And the answer to the question, above, is:

That doctor must be obese, because he is still out to lunch.)

Guest guest

hello,

Thinking & hoping for Desensitization and looking for a Dr. in the South Florida area. I have been 3 times in shock 1st time Alka Seltzer, 2nd Advil, 3rd time in german Hosital in November 09 they gave me Novalgin, yes I do wear a medical bracelett and yes I informed them that I'm higly allergic to Aspirin, NSAID & PNC. Anyway, if anybody has info for a Dr. in South Florida- Palm Beach area who has knowledge Samter's & Desensitization it's appreciated. I still believe in Miracles!

Barbara

From: ginger ryan <gingerryan219@...>samters Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 12:55:58 PMSubject: RE: Aspirin Desens

Bianca- I am with you! I love the positive effects the aspirin has made on my life, and I would have never thought it possible. I was severely allergic to aspirin, but it worked and life is GREAT, no sneezing attacks, no runny nose, my smell is back, no sinus headaches, no constant blowing and my asthma is under control. If you have great Dr.'s, this is possible. Again I will post their info. Both in Houston, Texas ENT- Dr. Fakhri713-486-5000 Allergist for aspirin desens.Dr. Saraf713-797-0993 Ginger

samters@groups .comFrom: bianca_f75 (DOT) comDate: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:31:55 -0700Subject: Re: Aspirin Desens

Desensitization has made a big difference in my life. It's nice to not have a constant sneezing bought every time I turn around. No it doesn't fix everything but it has stopped my constant allergic triggers which aggravate my samters. - and really I'm not all that allergic to that much outside of aspirin so for me it's helped. it's nice to not feel wheezy all the time too. I'd rather take aspirin than keep staying on the steroids. Bianca

From: Steve man (cox) <sjpetermancox (DOT) net>Subject: Aspirin Desenssamters@groups .comDate: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 8:16 PM

OK, I am think about Aspirin Desensitization. How many of you have had a significant enough effect that you would definitely do it again? Does anyone have stats on it effectiveness (percent of people it works on, etc…)? I talked to my lung Dr., he seemed to be against it. My ENT isn’t sold on it but not against it.

On a deferent note, SOS. My sense of smell has been leaving steadily for the last 3 weeks (I haven’t been using my pulmicort regularly) I am starting today to see how effective the treatment is. I am hoping to find out in a few days. I will post the progress.

Thanks everyone for post such great information on this $ & ^(@#$ disease.

Steve

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.