RemedySpot.com

DIY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Had 1000mg Aspirin today and no real change to anything, thought maybe my blocked nose may have decreased a little but thats me being over optimistic and impatient. Tomorrow I will take Mmm well not really sure I guess 1300mg. I will need to get some more baby Aspirin or 100mg ones to take as it's 500mg tablets I have been taking the last few days. I guess I will stick on 1300mg for a while but can anyone say if I should split the dose into two daily doses of 650mg straight away or has people taken 1300mg in one dose for a period of time?Anyway things have went reasonable well after the horrifying first night, anybody trying this out take great care. My first night vomiting was similar to a big night

out drinking 30 different cocktails and throwing up all day. This is something I have done a few times in my days so it was just another seriously bad head and stomach day.thanks. Re: Re: Desensitization and coronary artery disease

I would be very interested to hear how others with this Triad disease have had skin issues. Can anyone describe their skin issues? I have had some drastic skin changes in the last ten years and would really be curious to hear if others have had similar issues. Janetruelori <loritruelori (DOT) com> wrote: First of all, I want to say I appreciate the discussion and critical thinking around this, so anything I say must be put in that context. Obviously no one knows everything about this. I don't know who says

that a subset of Samter's patients do not have asthma. I have never agreed with this idea. I think the full-blown Samter's syndrome with all three components can take a while to develop, but I think all three are part of the diagnosis. If not, I would like to see where it says so. I have heard people here say they have Samter's without one of the three areas, but I have never seen it written anywhere in any definition of the syndrome. That's why it's called a triad. I suspect people who only have two parts of the triad probably do have the third and it's just very mild or it has not developed yet. I could be wrong, but I still believe that it is and must be a triad. Besides, for some of us, our aspirin sensitivity in Samter's is not always just aspirin-sensitive asthma. It is a whole syndrome. When I take aspirin I have many systems involved, not just my lower respiratory tract. It is my

sinuses, my stomach, my

skin, my cardiovascular system. AND the asthma in Samter's is not only from aspirin (neither are the polyps). So there are three components, and without the three components I have always held that it is a little bit short of a diagnosis of this syndrome. I actually do NOT think AERD is meant to be a broader diagnosis. I think it is meant to be a more narrow diagnosis. I don't think people have to be scanned for polyps. If they have no symptoms at all, they likely have no polyps. Surely someone with any degree of nasal polyps would have some symptoms. There are multiple members in multiple generations of my family who have asthma that is caused only from aspirin and NSAIDs and they have no other symptoms related to aspirin, allergies, sinuses or otherwise. They do not have Samter's syndrome. They have aspirin-sensitive asthma, or aspirin-induced asthma, if you will, and there are

many, many, many

people who have this, not just in my family. It is much more common than Samter's. Also, I thought this was maybe what son was referring to in that cardiology article anyway.My father had nasal polyps, but he is not sensitive to aspirin and does not have asthma, and he had the polyps removed many decades ago and they never came back.I don't think your theory about the development of Samter's is true because the symptoms come in a different order for everyone. My order was asthma first (very sudden onset in college), then aspirin sensitivity two and a half years later, then about a year later sinus problems (about three and a half years after the asthma symptoms started) and eventually a diagnosis of the polyps. It was several years before I got a diagnosis of Samter's when I came to New York and found someone who knew about it.I did not have ANY sinus symptoms ever in my life

before the asthma or

until three years after development of the asthma. I had had a CAT scan for something else in the interim and there were no polyps on the scan.Anyway I am having surgery soon (unrelated to Samter's) so I will be off the computer for a while, but I'm sure we can continue the discussion at some point! :)CheersLori Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Your chance to win great prizes with TELUS and Windows Live Messenger for Mobile. Click here for more information!

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with for Good

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with for Good

Many thanks and what stages of relieve did you have if any. Did you also have an operation prior to starting the Aspirin and how are you polyps, breathing, taste and smell at the moment.thanksSteve Re: DIY

I started on two 650mg doses immediately. I kept that up for about 6 months and then reduced to 650 one time a day. I have been at the 650mg level for about 4 years. I highly recommend using enteric coated aspirin if you aren't already doing so.

Marcus

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

I am not sure if you are listening to what people are saying, but in

case you are ...

I recommend absolutely always taking the aspirin with full meals. I

also recommend Ecotrin or Ascriptin -- I personally used Ascriptin and

found it did not have any effect on my stomach. Non-buffered aspirin

such as baby aspirin could really be a problem especially over any

length of time. I would not take all 1300 milligrams at once. I am

not even sure why you would want to other than just impatience. This

illness takes commitment to improve the symptoms.

Lori

Just to be clear, you started on the 650 mg doses AFTER you were fully

desensitized :), yes?

Lori

>

> I started on two 650mg doses immediately. I kept that up for about 6

months

> and then reduced to 650 one time a day. I have been at the 650mg

level for

> about 4 years. I highly recommend using enteric coated aspirin if you

aren't

> already doing so.