RemedySpot.com

Just some humor and wisdom.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From another group I am on. Blessings, Joy

Subject: PAG Sunday Wit & Wisdom: 14 October 2007"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." --Albert Einstein----------PAG SUNDAY WIT & WISDOM: 14 October 2007----------MURPHY's LESSER KNOWN LAWs1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.2. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.3. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.4. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.5. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.6. If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog. 7. The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.8. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.9. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.10. When you go into court, you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. ---CHOOSING COURAGE; FINDING PEACE--by Steve Goodier"Do you know what my son dreamed about last night?" a friend asked me. Her son was a bright child of about ten. "He dreamed about YOU," she went on." told me this morning that he dreamed he was being chased by King Kong. Then he met you. I wondered if you rescued him from the beast and said no. He told me that you hid with him in the bushes while the Boy Scouts beat back King Kong with sticks.'"You have to appreciate the Boy Scouts!Are you courageous? For most people, courage has little to do with fighting imaginary monsters in nighttime sleep. It has more to do with fighting those monsters of real life that keep us up at night. Real courage is always found in everyday living. In fact, it is the one ingredient that, when present in a life, will ultimately bring peace.Babe Didrikson Zaharias, the great athlete, died of cancer. Her husband stood at her bedside weeping shortly before she passed on. Babe said to him, "Now, Honey, don't take on so. While I've been in the hospital, I have learned one thing. A moment of happiness is a lifetime, and I have had a lot of happiness. I have had a lot of it."Babe found courage to meet two of life's universal monsters -- fear of death and fear of the unknown. She chose to remember all the good that life had so generously heaped on her rather than the fact that she would die soon. She decided to meet those monsters equipped with gratitude and a smile.Babe chose courage. But what she actually found was peace.You may be stronger than you think! Your real-life monsters can keep you awake at night, or you can allow them to awaken strength and power within you. It's a matter of choosing courage -- and finding peace.---JUDGE NOT!I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven's door, not by the beauty of it all, by the lights or its decor.But it was the folks in Heaven who made me sputter and gasp--the thieves, the liars, the sinners, the alcoholics, the trash.There stood the kid from seventh grade who swiped my lunch money twice. Next to him was my old neighbourwho never said anything nice.Herb, who I always thought was rotting away in hell, was sitting pretty on cloud nine, looking incredibly well.I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal? I would love to hear Your take. How'd all these sinners get up here? God must've made a mistake.And why's everyone so quiet, so somber? Give me a clue." "Hush, child," said He "They're all in shock. No one thought they'd see you."---JOB HISTORYMy first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned - couldn't concentrate. Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it - mainly because it was a so-so job.Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was too exhausting. Then I tried to be a chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life but I just didn't have the thyme.I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience. Next was a job in a shoe factory; I tried but I just didn't fit in.I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.After many years of trying to find steady work I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it. My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.So I retired and found I am perfect for the job. ---THE POWER TO REALLY LIVE--by Steve GoodierI had just graduated from college and was about to move away to attend graduate school. An older friend said something to me I thought was odd at the time. She cautioned, "Don't ever lose your enthusiasm." I was not particularly aware that I had much enthusiasm, nor was I sure how to keep from losing it.But since that time, I have come to realize what she meant. Over the years, I have been assailed by discouragement and difficulties. At times I have felt totally without energy and even disenchanted with life around me.I like what Mark Twain said about enthusiasm. When asked the reason for his success, he replied, "I was born excited." I think I now know why my friend said, "Never lose your enthusiasm." For even if one is born excited, enthusiasm can be lost along the way. And too many of us never find it again.However, the happiest, most fulfilled and most successful people have discovered the necessity of an enthusiastic approach to living. Edison was such a person. He was known for his energy and verve. He eventually acquired 1,093 patents for his inventions, including the electric light bulb, phonograph and motion picture camera. He was known to work tirelessly and joyfully. He seemed to love what he did and pursued it with passion.Edison eventually established Menlo Park, the first factory ever dedicated to making nothing but inventions. It was a forerunner of the private research laboratories now owned by many large corporations. Edison promised that Menlo Park would turn out a minor invention every ten days and something big every six months or so. At one point, he was working on 47 new projects at once! Others have made more money than Edison, but none have been more enthusiastic or productive.Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object." Enthusiasm is an engine fueled by a love for what we do. It will power us anywhere we want to go and take us places we would never reach without it!---Peace, Balance, & Harmony.Sir of Sedona