RemedySpot.com

Just an update.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is there anyway your lawyer can do something to intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment!

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

Just an update.

Today we got to talk to a very resourcful receptionist. She read to the december visit Jessie had. It really didn't say much. Is this normal? It said that Jessie's curvature progressed from 35 degrees from T7 to T11 to a left thoracoulmbar (sp?) curvature from T7 to L1 at 57.6 degrees. The doctor ordered CAT Scan in which Leigh Ann has rescheduled twice now. did get to talk to Jessie on the phone yesterday and he was his normal happy jabbering self. Neither of us see any problem with him getting his CAT on the 11th. Unfortunately, they also informed us that Leigh Ann can schedule Jessie's surgery for either spinal fusion with or without growth bars without being informed. We did make sure that they where aware that we see no possible way Leigh Ann will be able to take care of Jessie after any type of spinal surgery. As long as she claims to have someone helping her they see no concern. We are still trying to talk Leigh Ann into a second opinion with no luck as of yet. Leigh Ann figures since she went through numerous surgeries herself with her cebral palsy, spinal surgery isn't a big deal. It seems that Jessie's current doctor, as far as we know, does not do the VEPTR surgery. is calling the doctor on the 11th in hopes of recieving the results of the CAT as well as the treatment plan. Wish us luck, we sure need it.Jackie, Ohio

Most states required that a guardian ad litem (GAL) be appointed to the child to protect their interests. You should contact 's GAL and ask him or her to petition the court for an order to override the mother's medical decision. Most GAL's are overworked and underpaid so you will probably have more luck if you provide the GAL with all of the medical materials necessary to override the mother's decision.

Good Luck!

E

From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of ClaflinSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 1:01 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Just an update.

Is there anyway your lawyer can do something to intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment!

Just an update.

Today we got to talk to a very resourcful receptionist. She read to the december visit Jessie had. It really didn't say much. Is this normal? It said that Jessie's curvature progressed from 35 degrees from T7 to T11 to a left thoracoulmbar (sp?) curvature from T7 to L1 at 57.6 degrees. The doctor ordered CAT Scan in which Leigh Ann has rescheduled twice now. did get to talk to Jessie on the phone yesterday and he was his normal happy jabbering self. Neither of us see any problem with him getting his CAT on the 11th. Unfortunately, they also informed us that Leigh Ann can schedule Jessie's surgery for either spinal fusion with or without growth bars without being informed. We did make sure that they where aware that we see no possible way Leigh Ann will be able to take care of Jessie after any type of spinal surgery. As long as she claims to have someone helping her they see no concern. We are still trying to talk Leigh Ann into a second opinion with no luck as of yet. Leigh Ann figures since she went through numerous surgeries herself with her cebral palsy, spinal surgery isn't a big deal. It seems that Jessie's current doctor, as far as we know, does not do the VEPTR surgery. is calling the doctor on the 11th in hopes of recieving the results of the CAT as well as the treatment plan. Wish us luck, we sure need it.Jackie, Ohio

As soon as we find out they have planned for any other type of surgery than the VEPTR we will be contacting our lawyer. Either way it goes we would like at least a second opinion. Jessie has a CAT scan wednesday in which they believe they will define his scoliosis as congenital. The doctors office is telling us they are treating it as congenital. It is kinda odd when we talk to the office. They don't tell us anymore than they have too. They only talk of surgery since his curvature is at such a high degree. They wouldn't even let us in on a plan if Jessie does have congenital or idiopathic. Since Leigh Ann has temporary custody and is the one whom took Jessie to the ortho, she has full control as to make the decisions. Of course as soon as we find out he is having surgery, we will borrow the funds off anyone we can to get there to hopefully put a stop to it and insist on a second opinion. We know there is no way Leigh Ann can take care of Jessie after any sort of surgery. I have

always heard the expression, "Sometimes life isn't fair." Who ever came up with that phrase sure knew what they where talking about. We don't get much sleep around here. Jackie, Ohio. Claflin <noellesmommy@...> wrote: Is there anyway your lawyer can do something to intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment! Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) Just an update. Today we got to talk to a very resourcful receptionist. She read to the december visit Jessie had. It really didn't say much. Is this normal? It said that Jessie's curvature progressed from 35 degrees from T7 to T11 to a left thoracoulmbar (sp?) curvature from T7 to L1 at 57.6 degrees. The doctor ordered

CAT Scan in which Leigh Ann has rescheduled twice now. did get to talk to Jessie on the phone yesterday and he was his normal happy jabbering self. Neither of us see any problem with him getting his CAT on the 11th. Unfortunately, they also informed us that Leigh Ann can schedule Jessie's surgery for either spinal fusion with or without growth bars without being informed. We did make sure that they where aware that we see no possible way Leigh Ann will be able to take care of Jessie after any type of spinal surgery. As long as she claims to have someone helping her they see no concern. We are still trying to talk Leigh Ann into a second opinion with no luck as of yet. Leigh Ann figures since she went through numerous surgeries herself with her cebral palsy, spinal surgery isn't a big deal. It seems that Jessie's current doctor, as far as we know, does not do the VEPTR surgery. is calling the doctor on the

11th in hopes of recieving the results of the CAT as well as the treatment plan. Wish us luck, we sure need it.Jackie, Ohio

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

We are having a horrible time getting ahold of all of Jessie's medical records. We have requested them way back in September. We just recently recieved a copy of Jessie's visit September 22, 2005 a few days ago. We are still waiting on his medical records from his regular ped. and Jessie's visit to the ortho in December. It gets costly to call these offices a few times a week. They always promise that they will have them in the mail by the following week. We will have our attorney look into the GAL. We are waiting for a call from our attorney today. Thanks for the info. I can always count on you all. Cannot wait until I can contribute back. Sometimes I feel useless as I have never been through any of this before. Jackie, Ohio." D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote: Most states required that a guardian ad litem (GAL) be appointed to the child to protect their interests. You should contact 's GAL and ask him or her to petition the court for an order to override the mother's medical decision. Most GAL's are overworked and underpaid so you will probably have more luck if you provide the GAL with all of the medical materials necessary to override the mother's decision. Good Luck! E From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of ClaflinSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 1:01 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Just an update. Is there anyway your lawyer can do something to intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment! Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) Just an update. Today we got to talk to a very resourcful receptionist. She read to the december visit Jessie had. It really didn't say much. Is this normal? It said that Jessie's curvature progressed from 35 degrees from T7 to T11 to a left

thoracoulmbar (sp?) curvature from T7 to L1 at 57.6 degrees. The doctor ordered CAT Scan in which Leigh Ann has rescheduled twice now. did get to talk to Jessie on the phone yesterday and he was his normal happy jabbering self. Neither of us see any problem with him getting his CAT on the 11th. Unfortunately, they also informed us that Leigh Ann can schedule Jessie's surgery for either spinal fusion with or without growth bars without being informed. We did make sure that they where aware that we see no possible way Leigh Ann will be able to take care of Jessie after any type of spinal surgery. As long as she claims to have someone helping her they see no concern. We are still trying to talk Leigh Ann into a second opinion with no luck as of yet. Leigh Ann figures since she went through numerous surgeries herself with her cebral palsy, spinal surgery isn't a big deal. It seems that Jessie's current doctor, as far

as we know, does not do the VEPTR surgery. is calling the doctor on the 11th in hopes of recieving the results of the CAT as well as the treatment plan. Wish us luck, we sure need it.Jackie, Ohio

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

If it's not congenital, then he could have a good chance at avoiding surgery altogether. But, if they say they suspect congenital, then perhaps they saw something on the x-ray that leads them to believe it is congenital. I hope you find out one way or the other soon.

Just an update.

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

More important to me than his current medical records would be the articles and information provided on this website which would arm the GAL with the information needed to at least buy time for a second opinion.

E

From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of JaqzSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:29 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: RE: Just an update.

We are having a horrible time getting ahold of all of Jessie's medical records. We have requested them way back in September. We just recently recieved a copy of Jessie's visit September 22, 2005 a few days ago. We are still waiting on his medical records from his regular ped. and Jessie's visit to the ortho in December. It gets costly to call these offices a few times a week. They always promise that they will have them in the mail by the following week. We will have our attorney look into the GAL. We are waiting for a call from our attorney today. Thanks for the info. I can always count on you all. Cannot wait until I can contribute back. Sometimes I feel useless as I have never been through any of this before.

Jackie, Ohio." D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote:

Most states required that a guardian ad litem (GAL) be appointed to the child to protect their interests. You should contact 's GAL and ask him or her to petition the court for an order to override the mother's medical decision. Most GAL's are overworked and underpaid so you will probably have more luck if you provide the GAL with all of the medical materials necessary to override the mother's decision.

Good Luck!

E

From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of ClaflinSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 1:01 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Just an update.

Just an update.

I been working on that all week. I can find plenty of information on Idiopathic but not much on cong. What would you recomend to send on this site? Jackie~" D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote: More important to me than his current medical records would be the articles and information provided on this website which would arm the GAL with the information needed to at least buy time for a second opinion. E From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of JaqzSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:29 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: RE: Just an update. We are having a horrible time getting ahold of all of Jessie's medical records. We have requested them way back in September. We just recently recieved a copy of Jessie's visit September 22, 2005 a few days ago. We are still waiting on his medical records from his regular ped. and Jessie's visit to the ortho in December. It gets costly to call these offices a few times a week. They always promise that they will have them in the mail by the following week. We will have our attorney look into the GAL. We are waiting for a call from our attorney today. Thanks for

the info. I can always count on you all. Cannot wait until I can contribute back. Sometimes I feel useless as I have never been through any of this before. Jackie, Ohio." D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote: Most states required that a guardian ad litem (GAL) be appointed to the child to protect their interests. You should contact 's GAL and ask him or her to petition the court for an order to override the mother's medical decision. Most GAL's are overworked and underpaid so you will probably have more luck if you provide the GAL with all of the medical materials necessary to override the mother's decision. Good Luck! E From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of ClaflinSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 1:01 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Just an update. Is there anyway your lawyer can do something to

intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment! Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) Just an update. Today we got to talk to a very resourcful receptionist. She read to the december visit Jessie had. It really didn't say much. Is this normal? It said that Jessie's curvature progressed from 35 degrees from T7 to T11 to a left thoracoulmbar (sp?) curvature from T7 to L1 at 57.6 degrees. The doctor ordered CAT Scan in which Leigh Ann has rescheduled twice now. did get to talk to Jessie on the phone yesterday and he was his normal happy jabbering self. Neither of us see any problem with him getting his CAT on the 11th. Unfortunately, they also informed us that Leigh Ann can schedule Jessie's surgery for either spinal fusion with or without growth bars without being informed. We did make sure that they where aware that we see no possible way Leigh Ann will be able to take care of Jessie after

any type of spinal surgery. As long as she claims to have someone helping her they see no concern. We are still trying to talk Leigh Ann into a second opinion with no luck as of yet. Leigh Ann figures since she went through numerous surgeries herself with her cebral palsy, spinal surgery isn't a big deal. It seems that Jessie's current doctor, as far as we know, does not do the VEPTR surgery. is calling the doctor on the 11th in hopes of recieving the results of the CAT as well as the treatment plan. Wish us luck, we sure need it.Jackie, Ohio DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Mehta's most recent article, in case it is idiopathic, and since my child is idiopathic I really can't say on congenital, other than I recall seeing something about the VEPTR surgeries and one of, I believe, Carmell's email's about fusion affecting growth would be very compelling as well.

E

From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of JaqzSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 3:10 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: RE: Just an update.

I been working on that all week. I can find plenty of information on Idiopathic but not much on cong. What would you recomend to send on this site?

Jackie~" D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote:

More important to me than his current medical records would be the articles and information provided on this website which would arm the GAL with the information needed to at least buy time for a second opinion.

E

From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of JaqzSent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:29 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: RE: Just an update.

We are having a horrible time getting ahold of all of Jessie's medical records. We have requested them way back in September. We just recently recieved a copy of Jessie's visit September 22, 2005 a few days ago. We are still waiting on his medical records from his regular ped. and Jessie's visit to the ortho in December. It gets costly to call these offices a few times a week. They always promise that they will have them in the mail by the following week. We will have our attorney look into the GAL. We are waiting for a call from our attorney today. Thanks tine for the info. I can always count on you all. Cannot wait until I can contribute back. Sometimes I feel useless as I have never been through any of this before.

Jackie, Ohio." D. Esser" <cesser@...> wrote:

Good Luck!

E

Is there anyway your lawyer can do somethin g to intervene before he has this surgery? I just want to cry thinking of him having fusion so young and what that can mean for his future. Did you ask if it was congenital or idiopathic. I can't believe his own father wouldn't be allowed to have a say in his treatment!

Just an update.

Find articles that tell what happens to kids who spines are fused: lung disease, shortened life span etc. Get articles on the Veptr surgery and print off the Mehta article like mentioned in the event that it is idiopathic. Print off Carmell's messages, but be sure to find articles backing up what she said. If you could get a doctor to give you something in writing, that would be good too.

Just an update.

• 1 year later...

We have some new members. Welcome All.

I haven't been active on the computer today. I am outside painting my lattices to go around the carport. I will be back on tonight. Just taking a break and getting a snack.

Hope everyone is having a great day! I think it's time for a joke!

Blessings and Love, Joy

In a message dated 10/15/2007 4:07:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bjoyful@... writes:

I will jump on this oppurtunity to say Welcome to all the new members too : )

I haven't been active on the computer today. I am outside painting my lattices to go around the carport. I will be back on tonight. Just taking a break and getting a snack.

I havent been able to bring myself to get online since last Friday night,there's something odd going on with me,I can't put my finger on it.

I hope you enjoyed your painting and your snack : )

Blessings and Love, Joy

Same to you, Joy ; )

~Blessings~

JaneyAs day ends and night begins to falldoes your soul hear a Wolf's call As Wolf's cry is heard through the darkdoes it stir something within your heartSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:56:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bjoyful@... writes:

It's probably the energies. I have to push myself to get anything done! And to day was the worse. But I did do some more painting, today. I really want this project done before winter, and I started it in June! Well, I think it was June, could have been May. Oh, well.

I suggest going to "What's up on planet Earth". is very tuned into the energies, and the majority of her interpretations are accurate.

Thank You Joy, I wanted to say it was the energies as well. It very well may be ,that's the problem I can't say exactly for sure.

But I will check the site/newsletter out, and I REALLY appreciate the suggestion.

You will get your painting project done,just in the nick of time : ) ~Blessings~

JaneyAs day ends and night begins to falldoes your soul hear a Wolf's call As Wolf's cry is heard through the darkdoes it stir something within your heartSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

It's probably the energies. I have to push myself to get anything done! And to day was the worse. But I did do some more painting, today. I really want this project done before winter, and I started it in June! Well, I think it was June, could have been May. Oh, well.

I suggest going to "What's up on planet Earth". is very tuned into the energies, and the majority of her interpretations are accurate.

Blessings, Joy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:25 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Just an update.

In a message dated 10/15/2007 4:07:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bjoyful@... writes:

I will jump on this oppurtunity to say Welcome to all the new members too : )

I havent been able to bring myself to get online since last Friday night,there's something odd going on with me,I can't put my finger on it.

I hope you enjoyed your painting and your snack : )

Blessings and Love, Joy

Same to you, Joy ; )

~Blessings~

JaneyAs day ends and night begins to falldoes your soul hear a Wolf's call As Wolf's cry is heard through the darkdoes it stir something within your heart

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.12/1073 - Release Date: 10/16/2007 8:22 AM

Thank You! Lol! I sure hope I do! If I can paint every day this week, it should get done.

Blessings in Love and Light. Joy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:27 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Just an update.

In a message dated 10/16/2007 6:56:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bjoyful@... writes:

Thank You Joy, I wanted to say it was the energies as well. It very well may be ,that's the problem I can't say exactly for sure.

But I will check the site/newsletter out, and I REALLY appreciate the suggestion.

You will get your painting project done,just in the nick of time : ) ~Blessings~

JaneyAs day ends and night begins to falldoes your soul hear a Wolf's call As Wolf's cry is heard through the darkdoes it stir something within your heart

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.12/1073 - Release Date: 10/16/2007 8:22 AM