RemedySpot.com

Re: [Spinal Stenosis) Debbie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I really appreciate u giving that tip. I will surely look into it. I work for Petco, and for 6 years I have been the small animal cage cleaner 2 times a week + the birds. inbetween there is the wellroom where overstock and or under the weather animals r. they have to be in 15 gal fish tanks in the room, and have to be kept clean 2-3 times a week. that is also my job. + customer service, back up cash register etc... this requires I walk & stand & lift for my whole shift except lunch time. I was pretty much use to it til I hurt my arm, and have been only working 2 days a week for about a month or 6 weeks now. Now just to work the 2 days a week is killing me. I am usually pretty tough. My sister had major back & neck surgery about 2-3 years ago. she is much better now. I was reading her part of my written MRI report I recently got that is 3 years old. think I told this already..but anyway my sister told me that my MRI with the several

bulging disc's is worse than her stenosis and she has no idea how I was working all this time doing what I do. I told her I have to work... I need my job so I force myself to go and work. I do take a lot of pain meds (no narcotics). Ibrophen, alieve etc. I trade off. but now it does not seem to be working as well. I have to work this weekend and I dread it.

anyway I thank you for the tip... with the stick on patches. I will look into it ASAP.

Shanna

Joke: The sky is falling...no, I'm tipping over backwards.

www.freekibble.com

From: Debbie McKinley <dimck@...>Subject: Re: JoanSpinal Stenosis Treatment Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 4:20 PM

Have you tried any of the stick on 'heat' patches that you can get in the over the counter meds at wal mart? Since I often have problems with the glue they use on stick on patches , I got the cheapest brand I could get to try. I used some of these a couple of months ago when I threw my back out really bad again. You can wear some of these for at least 8 hours. Be sure and read and follow directions as there are some things you can't do with them. But it did mellow out the pain a bit and gave me a little more flexibility for work.I work for a vending company and it was so bad for a couple of weeks that I was moving a case of pop from the back of my truck to the two wheel dolly a six pack at a time. I just couldn't lift half a case at a time. Doing the dolly was fine. I took off work the first day and did half day the second and the other three days did the bulk of my route then asked someone else to

finish the last stop or reload my truck. Lucky for me is that my boss finally wound up with back problems last year , so now he is a little more understanding when it pops up for someone else. We work for a very small company and don't have enough people for anyone to be gone long. I have found ways to adapt when I need to and still do the major portion of my job when I have flair ups.Debbie and Ian McKinley (BMD since 93)no litters Kansas http://home. hit.net/~ dimck/http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dimck23/ (200 carting photo)