RemedySpot.com

Re: Does anyone see any benefit from not eating meat? Or going comp...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/14/2008 9:47:24 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, bianca_f75@... writes:

Just wondering if anyone has found any benefit from either removing meat entirely from their diet or even going compeltely Vegan and how it has affected their samters

I don't have a reaction to aspirin, I believe, but have/had all the symptoms discussed on this board (rhinitis/polyps/exertion asthma etc.). I completely clear up on a vegan diet, beginning around day 3 and progressively improving for 30-40 days. Then I blow it with a pizza. Don't have a SOS, but have very little rhinitis these days by just cutting way back on fats. Don't know if it is fats, but an earlier RAST test showed mild allergies to animal products/proteins. Now I seem to be getting the same help with rhinitis by cutting way back on sodium (to around 1800 mg/day). I also took some Aqua Ban from Walgreens (water pill) to help remove water/sodium. Don't know why it worked. It may be that a lower sodium diet avoids processed meats, etc. or sodium may play a role. My most current RAST test about a month ago shifted my minor allergies to corn, peas, salmon and oats, so it looks like the more I eat of any particular food, the more likely my body will build antibodies up to an allergy level. So I switched from Fiber One every day to Total (wheat based). Worth a try to change what you normally eat and watch for any change. I first notice change in congestion and breathing. Whatever the cause, I feel and live a whole lot better than I did a couple years ago. Don't normally have to spray or take pills anymore and only irrigate occasionally. Wish I had a SOS.

Don't know if this is of any value since I don't technically have Samters, just all the same symptoms.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.