RemedySpot.com

I am out of control. First get back in control.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , I am not much on this site of late. Hopefully by now things are already improving for you but if not, honestly when you're really bad, it takes a huge punch to pull you back in for a fighting chance. When I got really bad, the ER doctor finally just hospitalized me for 24 hours with 100mg IV steroids and IV antibiotics. This gave me the surge protection I needed to get in to control of the inflammation, etc. I am so thankful for that Doctor. I finally got on top of things after that. tffnysnvl <tffnysnvl@...> wrote: I use advair diskus and that's about it. I have no flow through myleft nostril at all, not even with a prednisone burst. I was tryingto do a daily sinus rinse but all that netted me was an increase inear pain and infections. I do use flonase, but it doesn't seem to doanything. I use it anyway because I paid for it, but eh. I've tried lukotriene modifier with no success. There was noimprovement in my symptoms at all. I've kept journals of foods, activities, and what not. My old pulmand I tried and tried to find a trigger and there isn't anything thatwe could find. I've been allergy tested at least 3 times on my back,once on my arm, and the blood draw. I'm allergic to tree pollen andhorses. I have never experienced a long term flare. Usually I go frombreathing just fine to the ER. Dr. S and I couldn't ever really finda reason for that either. I

was faithful to the peak flo for years,but it never revealed when things were going south. I just spent 7 years with the same pulm and we've never been able tofully control the asthma. Even at my best my FEV1 was 92% which isgood. My O2 hovers in the 89-90 range. I loved that pulm. He knew exactly what I had when I first walkedinto his office. I wasn't the 1st patient he'd seen with sampters. Heand I set right to work trying to figure out how to get me well. I'm pretty sure the trigger here is the dry cold. I did a prednisoneburst in Nov for an acute flare as per my normal routine. I'd like tonot go on another one if I can avoid it. I'm used to the every 6 months or so ER visit. This prolonged flareis new to me. >> , sorry to hear about your downwards

spiral.> > Flare-ups are very common with Samters, and they can be caused from a > variety of things. I would suggest in the future keeping a journal > to see if something in particular might have triggered this, since as > your diet over the holidays. It could be any number of things, or it > could be something that is not identifiable and you may need a burst > of steroids.> > I keep a detailed medical journal that has really helped me to note > my observations on triggers for asthma, triggers for polyps, and > lessen them. I also keep a medication log on a children's chore > calendar so I know when I have taken my meds. You can die from > overdose of albuterol inhalers, so it's not a mild issue.> > I was very very sick for several years until 1995 -- rescue inhalers > didn't even work. I was on a nebulizer treatment four times a day > plus 50 milligrams

and up daily of steroids and I was still very > sick. In addition to aspirin desensitization there were many things > I did to improve my health and I don't even have a rescue inhaler on > hand anymore because I never need it. > > Do you use a steroid inhaler and long-acting inhaler such as > salmeterol (one of the components of Advair)? How about a > leukotriene modifier?> > Good luck! Hope you start to feel better soon. Be careful with tht > rescue inhaler! > > Lori>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.