RemedySpot.com

Fw: [AwakeningCosmicConsciousness] Laughing During Tough Times

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Zany is a new member here and I have known him for several years. He posted this on his group, today. To me it's Inspiration. Thank you Zany for this article. Blessings, Joy

----- Original Message ----- From: Zany Mystic

Awakening Cosmic Consciousness

Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 2:30 PM

Subject: [AwakeningCosmicConsciousness] Laughing During Tough Times

LAUGHING DURING TOUGH TIMESLaughter and tears are part of living. But do you find enough time forlaughter? I am not asking if you experience lots of good times. Ofcourse we should laugh during the happy times. But do you also laughduring the difficult times?Erma Bombeck is known for her humorous books, but she wrote one thatcovered a more serious topic: cancer in children. The book is titled,I WANT TO GROW HAIR, I WANT TO GROW UP, I WANT TO GOTO BOISE (Harper and Row, 1989). Erma talks with numerous childrenwith cancer and learns important life lessons from them. She learns,for instance, that cancer survivors know how to laugh.She cites the experience of 15-year-old from Burlington, VT.'s leg was amputated at the knee because of cancer. She waslearning to wear a prosthesis. tells about playing soccer. Shekicked the ball hard and it flew off in one direction while herartificial leg flew another way. Then "the tall, gorgeous person thatI am," she said, "convulsed on the floor in laughter." may not have laughed about her cancer, but she laughed aboutdealing with the consequences of it. And her laughter helped her cope.Then there is the story of 17-year-old Betsy. She made her way to theradiation room for her regular radiation therapy. As usual, shedropped her hospital gown and, wearing only her birthday suit, climbedonto the table and waited. After a couple of moments she began torealize something disturbing: the extra people in the room were notthe medical students she had thought, but rather painters giving anestimate on painting! Betsy laughs heartily about the incident. Andlike , her ability to laugh helped her to cope with one of themost difficult things a young person can endure -- cancer.Biblical wisdom teaches that "there is a time to weep and a time tolaugh." Do you find plenty of occasions for laughter? You can...if youalso find reasons to laugh during the especially difficult times.Survivors know how to laugh. If you can laugh even when the going is rough, you'll make it. And you'll smile at the end.Steve GoodierWhen you are full of yourself, there is no room left for anything else. Letgo of your concerns of self, and let in more of the goodness of life. When your mind is filled with worries, those worries begin to come to life.Let go of the worries, and let in an awareness of the positive possibilitiesthat surround you. When your heart is filled with anger and resentment, there is no place leftfor love to dwell. Let go of the anger, and let in the joy of love. Open your heart, open your mind, and open yourself to the positivepossibilities of each moment. Let in the beauty, let in the joy, let in therichness of life. Stop holding on to the disappointments of the past. Open yourself to thetreasures of right now. Let the moment be, and let life in. Ralph MarstonWhen you make use of your strength, it does not get used up. It grows. When you give your love to others, it does not diminish the love you have.It deepens and enriches that love. When you teach what you know, it does not take knowledge away from you. It expands and broadens your knowledge. When you offer kindness, you end up with even more. When you make use of discipline, your discipline grows ever stronger. The more you live with integrity, the more integrity you'll have. The moreyou speak the truth, the more real truth you'll discover. The truly valuable things in life are easy to recognize, for they're thethings that never get used up. Indeed, the truly valuable things become more plentiful each and every time they're used. Ralph Marston

As I teach Spirituality,I can see the differance in

peopl,they seem to get a glow about themselfs!

I do know that healing happens a lot faster and

better when you are happy with yourself and your life,

Stompingelk

--- Joyce Hudson <bjoyful@...> wrote:

> Zany is a new member here and I have known him for

> several years. He posted this on his group, today.

> To me it's Inspiration. Thank you Zany for this

> article. Blessings, Joy

> [AwakeningCosmicConsciousness] Laughing

> During Tough Times

>

>

> LAUGHING DURING TOUGH TIMES

>

> Laughter and tears are part of living. But do you

> find enough time for

> laughter? I am not asking if you experience lots of

> good times. Of

> course we should laugh during the happy times. But

> do you also laugh

> during the difficult times?

>

> Erma Bombeck is known for her humorous books, but

> she wrote one that

> covered a more serious topic: cancer in children.

> The book is titled,

> I WANT TO GROW HAIR, I WANT TO GROW UP, I WANT TO GO

> TO BOISE (Harper and Row, 1989). Erma talks with

> numerous children

> with cancer and learns important life lessons from

> them. She learns,

> for instance, that cancer survivors know how to

> laugh.

>

> She cites the experience of 15-year-old from

> Burlington, VT.

> 's leg was amputated at the knee because of

> cancer. She was

> learning to wear a prosthesis. tells about

> playing soccer. She

> kicked the ball hard and it flew off in one

> direction while her

> artificial leg flew another way. Then " the tall,

> gorgeous person that

> I am, " she said, " convulsed on the floor in

> laughter. "

>

> may not have laughed about her cancer, but

> she laughed about

> dealing with the consequences of it. And her

> laughter helped her cope.

>

> Then there is the story of 17-year-old Betsy. She

> made her way to the

> radiation room for her regular radiation therapy. As

> usual, she

> dropped her hospital gown and, wearing only her

> birthday suit, climbed

> onto the table and waited. After a couple of moments

> she began to

> realize something disturbing: the extra people in

> the room were not

> the medical students she had thought, but rather

> painters giving an

> estimate on painting! Betsy laughs heartily about

> the incident. And

> like , her ability to laugh helped her to

> cope with one of the

> most difficult things a young person can endure --

> cancer.

>

> Biblical wisdom teaches that " there is a time to

> weep and a time to

> laugh. " Do you find plenty of occasions for

> laughter? You can...if you

> also find reasons to laugh during the especially

> difficult times.

>

> Survivors know how to laugh. If you can laugh even

> when the going is

> rough, you'll make it. And you'll smile at the end.

>

> Steve Goodier

>

> When you are full of yourself, there is no room left

> for anything else. Let

> go of your concerns of self, and let in more of the

> goodness of life.

>

> When your mind is filled with worries, those worries

> begin to come to life.

> Let go of the worries, and let in an awareness of

> the positive possibilities

> that surround you.

>

> When your heart is filled with anger and resentment,

> there is no place left

> for love to dwell. Let go of the anger, and let in

> the joy of love.

>

> Open your heart, open your mind, and open yourself

> to the positive

> possibilities of each moment. Let in the beauty, let

> in the joy, let in the

> richness of life.

>

> Stop holding on to the disappointments of the past.

> Open yourself to the

> treasures of right now.

>

> Let the moment be, and let life in.

>

> Ralph Marston

>

> When you make use of your strength, it does not get

> used up. It grows.

>

> When you give your love to others, it does not

> diminish the love you have.

> It deepens and enriches that love.

>

> When you teach what you know, it does not take

> knowledge away from you. It expands and broadens

> your knowledge.

>

> When you offer kindness, you end up with even more.

> When you make use of discipline, your discipline

> grows ever stronger.

>

> The more you live with integrity, the more integrity

> you'll have. The more

> you speak the truth, the more real truth you'll

> discover.

>

> The truly valuable things in life are easy to

> recognize, for they're the

> things that never get used up. Indeed, the truly

> valuable things become more plentiful each and every

> time they're used.

>

> Ralph Marston

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

I am totally in agreement with you Marty! And that is why I post so many Inspirational Spiritual articles. I found this out for myself. The herbs and other recipes do help us now, but the problems will occur, until we dive deep into ourselves and find out how we are actually programming ourselves for illnesses. There are exceptions of course, like environment, hereditary, congenital, and such. But we can even correct these by improving our beliefs, outlooks, and reprogramming our cells, brain, and total bodies. Blessings, Joy

[AwakeningCosmicConsciousness] Laughing> During Tough Times> > > LAUGHING DURING TOUGH TIMES> > Laughter and tears are part of living. But do you> find enough time for> laughter? I am not asking if you experience lots of> good times. Of> course we should laugh during the happy times. But> do you also laugh> during the difficult times?> > Erma Bombeck is known for her humorous books, but> she wrote one that> covered a more serious topic: cancer in children.> The book is titled,> I WANT TO GROW HAIR, I WANT TO GROW UP, I WANT TO GO> TO BOISE (Harper and Row, 1989). Erma talks with> numerous children> with cancer and learns important life lessons from> them. She learns,> for instance, that cancer survivors know how to> laugh.> > She cites the experience of 15-year-old from> Burlington, VT.> 's leg was amputated at the knee because of> cancer. She was> learning to wear a prosthesis. tells about> playing soccer. She> kicked the ball hard and it flew off in one> direction while her> artificial leg flew another way. Then "the tall,> gorgeous person that> I am," she said, "convulsed on the floor in> laughter."> > may not have laughed about her cancer, but> she laughed about> dealing with the consequences of it. And her> laughter helped her cope.> > Then there is the story of 17-year-old Betsy. She> made her way to the> radiation room for her regular radiation therapy. As> usual, she> dropped her hospital gown and, wearing only her> birthday suit, climbed> onto the table and waited. After a couple of moments> she began to> realize something disturbing: the extra people in> the room were not> the medical students she had thought, but rather> painters giving an> estimate on painting! Betsy laughs heartily about> the incident. And> like , her ability to laugh helped her to> cope with one of the> most difficult things a young person can endure --> cancer.> > Biblical wisdom teaches that "there is a time to> weep and a time to> laugh." Do you find plenty of occasions for> laughter? You can...if you> also find reasons to laugh during the especially> difficult times.> > Survivors know how to laugh. If you can laugh even> when the going is > rough, you'll make it. And you'll smile at the end.> > Steve Goodier> > When you are full of yourself, there is no room left> for anything else. Let> go of your concerns of self, and let in more of the> goodness of life. > > When your mind is filled with worries, those worries> begin to come to life.> Let go of the worries, and let in an awareness of> the positive possibilities> that surround you. > > When your heart is filled with anger and resentment,> there is no place left> for love to dwell. Let go of the anger, and let in> the joy of love. > > Open your heart, open your mind, and open yourself> to the positive> possibilities of each moment. Let in the beauty, let> in the joy, let in the> richness of life. > > Stop holding on to the disappointments of the past.> Open yourself to the> treasures of right now. > > Let the moment be, and let life in. > > Ralph Marston> > When you make use of your strength, it does not get> used up. It grows. > > When you give your love to others, it does not> diminish the love you have.> It deepens and enriches that love. > > When you teach what you know, it does not take> knowledge away from you. It expands and broadens> your knowledge. > > When you offer kindness, you end up with even more.> When you make use of discipline, your discipline> grows ever stronger. > > The more you live with integrity, the more integrity> you'll have. The more> you speak the truth, the more real truth you'll> discover. > > The truly valuable things in life are easy to> recognize, for they're the> things that never get used up. Indeed, the truly> valuable things become more plentiful each and every> time they're used. > > Ralph Marston> > > __________________________________________________>