RemedySpot.com

From Dr. Mercola, Why cell phones and cordless phones are dangerous

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Children Should NOT Use Cell Phones, But My Today Show Interview Does Not Support That

Using your cell phone for 10 years or longer will double your risk of getting a tumor on a nerve connecting your ear to your brain, according to a scientific review of 11 studies.Because children have thinner skulls than adults, and nervous systems that are still developing, the study’s lead researcher, professor Kjell Mild of Orbero University, Sweden, said children are particularly vulnerable to the tumor and should not use cell phones.Professor Mild also said that the danger may be even greater than their study found because cancers need a minimum of 10 years to develop.The current study’s researchers are calling for more research into cell phone safety, including their potential links to Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.They are also recommending a revision of the emission standard for cell phones and other radiation sources, calling the current international standard “not safe.” Current standards are designed to prevent harmful heating of living tissue or induced electrical currents in your body, however they do not take into account cancer risks.

Sources:

My Today Show Interview October 9, 2007

Occupational Environmental Medicine September, 2007;64(9):626-32

Telegraph.co.uk September 10, 2007

How to Get ALL the Antioxidants Your Body Needs — Without a Rise in Blood Sugar*Many free radicals can damage your body’s cells because of stress, less-than-perfect diets, food additives, environmental pollutants, even your own body’s natural metabolic processes. So what can you do RIGHT NOW to fight off these harmful scavengers? That’s easy! Try Purple Defense, a powerful supplement I take regularly.* * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Learn More

Dr. Mercola's Comments:

I was really excited when the Today Show contacted me, asking for an interview about this study, as I thought they were finally starting to accept the truth. Needless to say, I was seriously disappointed when they only aired four seconds of my 20-minute interview. But I later learned that the telecommunications industry is actually BIGGER than the drug industry, and there is simply no way that the truth will ever be heard on television. If you are a parent then the findings of this study should concern you. I am absolutely convinced that this risk for increased brain cancers is true -- but believe me that it is only the TIP of the iceberg.This past weekend I spent two full days with Dr. Carlo, who is the undisputed world expert in cell phone safety. He was given a $28-million grant from the cell phone industry in the '90s to prove cell phones were safe. He is an MD, taught as a professor at Washington Medical School, and has a degree in public health -- he was up for the challenge. He has a foundation SafeWireless where he has compiled an excellent resources on interventions you can use to maximize your health and minimize your EMR RisksBUT, after his research he found that they DO cause damage. The cell phone industry offered him a position for $1 million a year to silence him, but he refused, and started a non-profit institute to inform the world of this danger.I feel SO STRONGLY about this that I agreed to host an event with Dr. Carlo in Chicago in the near future. Stay tuned for more information as it unfolds.Why Using a Cell Phone is RiskyWe are being exposed to these information-carrying radio waves like never before in human history. It took 20 years for the first 1 billion cell phones to be sold -- a milestone reached in 2004. The next billion took just 18 months. The third billion was sold even faster, in just nine months, and we will reach the fourth billion by the end of this year. We are in a geometric explosion of cell phone use, which is causing the following problems:

Damaging cell membranes Decreasing intracellular communication by disrupting microtubular connections that allow biophotons to communicate between cells Increasing deposits of heavy metals into your cells, which increases intracelluar production of free radicals and can radically decrease cellular production of energy thus making you incredibly fatiguedA study back in 2004 also found that your risk of acoustic neuroma (a tumor on your auditory nerve) was nearly four times greater on the side of your head where your phone was most frequently held, compared to the other side which appeared normal. This risk manifested after using a cell phone for the amount of time specified in the current study: 10 years.And this industry is essentially unregulated with respect to safety. It is even a worse case of the fox guarding the hen house when you have the FCC providing any measure of protection for consumer safety. Believe me it is NOT happening.NEVER Hold an Infant While Talking on Your Cell PhoneThis study is pretty clear; the density of the child’s skull is far less and their brain is far more susceptible to these information-carrying radio waves. When you are on a cell phone the radiation plume can easily reach an infant in your other arm and penetrate their skull.Why is this important?Have you ever heard of the autism epidemic? I am now absolutely convinced that this increase in cell phone usage is one of the primary causes of this problem. It makes the vaccine and heavy metal exposure much more dangerous than they typically are.Folks, please listen up. The studies showing the long-term risks of cell phone use are just beginning to come in because cell phone use didn’t become widespread until the late 1990s. It typically takes at least 10 to 20 years for cancers to show up, so now is the time when these risks will become apparent.It is almost as if NO ONE was smoking and then all of a sudden nearly 90 percent of the planet started. Of course, we would not see any spectacular increase in major damage for more than 10 years. It takes time for this damage to accumulate and be noticed by most people.Protecting Yourself From Cell PhonesThe best way to protect yourself would be to simply not use a cell phone. Of course this is NOT practical for most people, and I know that many of you cannot imagine going back to the days without them. So at the very least I would urge you to not let your kids use them or severely limit their use. Their developing nervous systems and thinner skulls are simply too vulnerable to cell phone damage.If you choose to use a cell phone you must use a non-Blue Tooth headset. While Blue Tooth is certainly safer than no headset at all, it has its own problem. It is still broadcasting its own information-carrying radio waves into your brain, just at a lower intensity than a cell phone. And there quite simply is no safe biological threshold for either of them.Even when you’re not using your phone, you should keep it as far away from your body as possible. Do not keep it on your belt or in your pocket as the radiation WILL penetrate your body wherever the phone is attached. Instead, stow it away in a purse, backpack, or your car’s glove compartment.I strongly believe that sooner or later, the real dangers of cell phones are going to be understood. This has all the makings of a tobacco-sized tragedy -- at one time no one would have believed that cigarettes could be dangerous either.I believe that one day it will be shown that using cell phones is far more dangerous than smoking cigarettes ever was.Here's the bottom line:Use a speaker phone whenever possible and keep the phone about two feet away from any body part.If this is not possible you can use a NON-Blue Tooth headset that does not transfer radiation via a wire into your brain. The Blue Tube headset seems to fit that bill.

Related Articles:

"If Mobile Phones Were a Type of Food, They Simply Would Not be Licensed" Cell Phone Users 240 Percent More Prone to Brain Tumors Cordless Phones Increase Your Brain Cancer Risks