RemedySpot.com

Shanna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so lucky to be retired. I feel so sorry for those of you that have to work with this. Joan

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Does anyone know if u can get on disability for spinal stenosis?? if so, how severe must the stenosis be? How to go about it? is there anyone here on the list that is on disability because of spinal stenosis or cervical stenosis? I have both spinal and cervical stenosis, and take Advil daily for the pain, and still working full time on my feet walking all day. its hurts alot but I have to work in order to pay the bills. I have medical insurance thru my work, and was diagnosed with SS & CS about 3 years back.

shanna <andreastu1360 > wrote:

I've been taking Cymbalta for about 15 months. Cymbalta is very similar to Lyrica. The only sideeffect I had was sleepiness at first, but I got overthat in a week or so. The Cymbalta has beenfantastic. It has helped me more than anything else. I had previously had two different rounds of epiduralsteroid injections, physical therapy, various painmedications and spinal manipulation (my primary doc isan osteopath). The last month or so, I have begunhaving a lot of pain in my right arm. My doc thinksit is due to my neck getting worse (my stenosis iscervical). I'm getting ready to start undergoing abunch of tests again. The stenosis may have worsened,thus causing this pain. Still, I am better than I waspre-Cymbalta. I had pain in most areas of my body andwas very limited in what I could do. My life wasmainly just going to work and recovering from going towork and then repeat. Cymbalta gave me my life back. It would probably be different for different people,but that has been my experience.Best wishes to everyone and Happy New Year!--- Joan Wingo <joanwingo2bellsouth (DOT) net> wrote:> > > I am taking Lyrica now and the only> thing it does for me is stop the leg cramps that I> was having way too often. I have nerve damage in my> feet and legs. As far as I can tell, I've had no> side effects from the Lyrica. I do swimnastics at> the Y and that helps me more than anything else. It> keeps me moving. Which supplements do you think> help? Joan> > > > > > Hi Barnkin, I was wondering if Lyrica helped> you.It is supposed to be the new wonderdrug, but I> read about the sideeffects and don't like them. It> was prescribed to me but I hesitate. I have spinal> Stenosis , tried injections, minimal effect. I am> very active, know how to get relief if I overdo it.> Losing weight definitely helped, even I am "only"> 145 from 155.I will wait a looong time before> surgery, I take some supplements too which help. Has> anybody tried Acupunture?> Margrit> Spinal Stenosis> > > Hi everyone, I am 56 and have been diagnosed> with Spinal Stenosis.> I started with Chiropractic, went on to> injections, I am now in> Physical Thearpy for a couple more weeks then it> looks like surgery.> I have been taking Naproxen and Cyclobenzaprine> I was also taking > Tramadol and Lyrica, I am suprised I still have> a stomach.> It has been a long 6 months since the injury and> I am here because, I> want to spend some time with people that> have/are going through the> same thing.> > Thank you for listening> > > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:> 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM> > > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make your home page. http://www./r/hs

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" ~Dr. Seuss

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.