RemedySpot.com

Ellen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ellen, it sounds like you are ready for the surgery. I'm just a big chicken but may have to have it done anyway to prevent furthur damage. Thirty years of bending over student desks did a lot of damage. How I loved those winter breaks! When I realized that I was damaging my back, my principal got me a rolling chair so I could sit and roll up to the desks. The students loved that. However, the damage was already done. I love kids and continued to work with children for six and a half more years, but it was a sit down job at Sylvan Learning Center. That was much easier for me.

I definitely want to keep in touch. Let me know if you have the surgery. I sure hope it goes well. Joan

Hi Joan,How are you? I'm okay after my first day back at work, after winter break. I hurt today. Three years ago when I was first diagnosed, the neurosurgeon said there was nothing to do for it then. I wasn't ready for the surgery then anyway. Now, what I'm afraid of is losing ability from the waist down. The pain is to the point of distraction. Even with the pain meds, it still hurts. I've heard the good and the horror stores, too. However, I'm ready for whatever the surgery brings me. Even if I still have pain, at least I'm fairly sure of it not getting worse. I don't want to risk more damage or permanent damage to the nerves. I haven't heard from the doctors office yet. They have to get approval from the insurance company for the surgery. I'm hopeful that it will be sooner than later. You're right to wait to have the surgery until you're ready for it, both physically and mentally. Let's stay in touch, if you want and I'll let you know how things go.Time to get dinner ready. Take care, Ellen

This sounds like I could have written it myself. I have the same problems. I'm just putting the surgery off as long as possible. People tell all kinds of stories. Some people say the surgery is the best thing they ever did and others tell horror stories. I'm scared to have it done. Joan