RemedySpot.com

Fw: Emailing: trust-in-aromatherapy-as-medical.htm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Self Health Care

Articles about alternative ways of treatment and self health care

Trust in Aromatherapy As A Medical Alternative Grows

Modern medicinal, therapeutic use of essential oils is finally being recognized in the US as a valid tool to compliment a diverse natural health, wellness and fitness program. There is still a significant amount of resistance to this science, mainly from 'quackwatch' type individuals, but it is suspected their true backing is from companies marketing synthetic chemical concoctions to address every conceivable ill. 'Big Pharma' for example, is THE industry with the highest average profit margins on earth, and is dedicated to producing, patenting, marketingd selling new, unnatural chemical compounds that are supposed to answer every need of health and wellness. With some formulations they do remarkably well; with others they appear to act with a total disregard for human safety and welfare, concentrating only beating Wall Street analysts' profit estimates for the upcoming quarter, and moving stock prices ever higher. How effective, really, are essential oils in treating stress and disease in humans, and how can you learn more? Let's review the current state of affairs, and see how you might investigate their use in your own natural health and wellness lifestyle.There is an amazing disregard for natural healing in the mainstream media - despite the fact that so many of today's 'modern medicines' are derived directly from plant compounds. There are HUNDREDS of plants that are known to contain anti-cancer compounds, for example. Many of these without the side-effects of chemotherapy (it takes a skilled, knowledgeable naturopathic doctor to develop an effective personal protocol for this type of work, but success is certainly possible). This brings us to the amazing derision placed upon the science of Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is purely the science of therapeutic use, for physiological as well as psychological imbalances and disorders, of naturally-produced volatile aromatic plant chemicals. It may be that the term 'Aromatherapy' lends itself to being pigeon-holed into mystical 'new age' hocus-pocus, but in reality, it is simply the practice of using a particular class of natural compounds to improve one's health, wellness and well-being.The education seems inevitable, however. As more folks get fed up with the costs and red tape of our allopathic medical system, they are paying more attention to reports on the efficacy of natural remedies. The use of essential oils has been shown as, if not more, than any other available medicine in certain instances. For Irritable Bowel Syndrome, a painful and debilitating condition, Peppermint essential oil taken during and after bouts of the disease has profound effects on pain, duration, and recurrence of the illness - more so than the most commonly used modern medical treatment. Patients using Peppermint oil felt better than those using conventional treatments, in part because the natural antibiotic effect leaves much needed intestinal flora in balance. It is this balance that is inherent in knowledgably practiced natural medicine; a facet which occurs with essential oils and many other so-called alternative therapies.Another widely-published effect of a particular essential oil is that of Lemon Balm ( officinalis) for the treatment of oral and genital herpes. The herpes simplex virus, or HSV, is one that a patient is thought to have to live with for the rest of their lives once contracted. The virus remains dormant in the nervous system until times of stress reduce immune system function enough to allow recurrence of painful sores and legions. It's not fun, nor is it considered 'curable' by the American medical establishment. However, in many university studies performed in Germany, Lemon Balm (as well as other combinations of essential oils containing the same ant-viral compounds) has been shown very effective at reducing the pain, duration, and frequency of outbreaks through topical application. One professor has even proclaimed that repeated use before and during outbreaks can lead to complete remission of the disease. Again, Aromatherapy to the rescue!Then, of course, there is the 'aroma' therapeutic aspect of essential oil use. The hard facts show the olfactory sense of the brain is wired directly to vital control centers of the gray matter - particularly those governing emotions, stress levels and, well we're not sure how this relates to your health, but sexual arousal as well. And with acceptance of the importance of one's mental health relating to their physical well being continuing to grow, Aromatherapy may eventually find it's place in hospitals and doctor's offices alongside stethoscopes, syringes and cotton swabs. Many, many studies have shown the self-evaluated improvements in mood and stress levels when inhaling particular essential oils - and because stress is considered by many health professionals as THE number one cause of disease, it's a short leap to believe the inhalation of spirit-lifting aromas can result in improved states of health.Aromatherapy in a natural health, wellness and fitness regime is not a cure-all, miracle path to health, however. Like any other medicine or treatment, it has it's place, and should be used when it provides the best combination of safety and efficacy. How do you find out if essential oils can help you, your friends or your loved ones? Educate yourself! There are several wonderful books available on medical and clinical aromatherapy. Some will deal mostly with the psychological aspects, others mainly in treatment of infectious illness, and others touch on every conceivable application. Buy them, get them from your library, borrow them from friends - but educate yourself as much as possible, and find a degreed practitioner if need be. But most of all, give Aromatherapy a chance. The particular class of plant compounds called 'essential oils', which just happen to smell nice, have as much validity as any other field of medicine, and deserves to be appreciated with the same respect. Whether they work for you is up to your own knowledge and dedication to the practice!Source: http://www.classicarticles.com/Article/Trust-in-Aromatherapy-As-A-Medical-Alternative-Grows/17277

на 1:48 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

Phil Newport, United Kingdom Hello! My name is Phil and I started this blog to collect and share the most useful and original (to my mind) articles about healthy way of living, nutrition and alternative methods of treatment. I believe, not so many people care much for their health. And neither did I until a certain moment when I had problems with my pancreas. So now I'm a confirmed follower of healthy way of living. I work as a school teacher in Newport. My obsession is fishing and track-and-field. I hope the information on my blog will be of use for you. View my complete profile

Please, share your opinion about my blog

news

Blog Archive

â–¼ 2007 (157)

â–¼ October (129)

Cinnamon Spice Offers Health Benefits Natural Health - Acne Natural Cures Folk Remedies and Common Sense Treatments for Swim... Chemotherapy and hair loss - How to Care for Your ... Trust in Aromatherapy As A Medical Alternative Gro... Karharine Mcphee Major Part of New Big Sexy Ad Cam... Easy to Use High Blood Pressure Remedies Posted By... Ayurvedic medicine Encyclopedia of Alternative Med... Aromatherapy - Essential Oils for Skin - Exploring... Get Hooked on Sleeping Startling News About the Power Nap Baby Boomers: 4 Elements of A Healthy Lifestyle Acupuncture - Treat insomnia depression anxiety wi... Alternative Medicine - Effective Uses of Acupunct... How does Quantum-Touch Work? Easy to Use High Blood Pressure Remedies Posted By... Natural Gallstones Cures - Getting Rid Of Gallston... Natural Remedies for High Blood Pressure Medicatio... Natural Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI... Big Sexy Hair Launches Massive Campaign Why The Puritan Pride Vitamin Is Popular Folk Remedies and Common Sense Treatments for Swim... Natural Breast Enlargement - Do Natural Breast Enl... What Comes First "Healthy Profits" or "Healthy Peo... Homeopathic Medicine - Homeopathic Principles and ... Let Us Teach You How To Eat More Blackberrys Eat More Aloe Vera Aromatherapy - The Scent Through Your Skin Natural Cures: Why All The Confusion? Folk Remedies and Common Sense Treatments for Swim... Herbal Supplements Store Relieve Stress in 9 Minutes Medical Transcription Job Opportunities Tips and T... Easy to Use High Blood Pressure Remedies Posted By... Acupressure and Chinese Medicine Elements of a Smoking Habit Long hair-Cut,Style, and Care A Few Migraine Remedy Solutions to Handle That Ach... How I Beat Chronic Fatigue Easy to Use High Blood Pressure Remedies Posted By... Alternative and Natural Treatments For Hyperacidit... Why Your PH Level Is Important Hypnosis - The Best Way To Quit Smoking A Few Migraine Remedy Solutions to Handle That Ach... Penis Enlargement - Increases self worth and confi... Low Immunity Problems? Start a Regular Vitamin Re... Heartburn, Drugs, and Low Iron You Need Food High in Fiber for Constipation Relie... Breast Enlargement through Natural Herbal Suppleme... Sound – More Than Your Thinking! Peppermint Oil For Irritable Bowel Syndrome Alternative Medicine How To Do A Natural Colon and Blood Cleanse Wild Foods for Wise Women Menopause Metamorphosis What You Need to Know About Your Stomach and Acid ... Stop Osteoporosis Now Without Drugs Could Devil’s Claw Be The Answer To Inflammation What You Should Know about Acid Reflux, Esophagus,... A Bad Combination: High Fiber and Acid Reflux How to prevent kidney stones A Constipation Remedy Using Potassium and Prunes A Morning Smoothie to Help You Stop Constipation Drugstore Hemorrhoid Medications Solutions for All Lifestages and Issues related to... The Secret Cause of Disease - Imprinted Traumatic ... Asthma Natural Remedies With no Side Effects Gain an Edge Each Day from a Surprising Source Ancient Remedies for Modern Day Maladies Drink Aloe Vera Juice for Less Constipation Wise Woman Tradition One Cause of Constipation: Bad Bacteria Did you hear about peloop? Bioflow Magnetic Therapy Bracelets Really Helped M... Make Way For Alternative Health Care Research Health Savings Accounts and Chiropractic Care Benefits of Trampoline Exercises The Quickest Way to Get Over the Flu Balance Breathing: The Benefits Turmeric Extract May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s dise... What You Should Know About Gastroesophageal Reflux... How Your Constipation Causes Toxicity Tired Of The Cold and Flue Season, Fight Colds Wit... A Constipation Home Remedy - Cayenne Herbs That Ease Anxiety and Fear Constipation Remedy Using Citrus Juice Martial Arts and Massage Therapy? How to Use Herbal Salves & Ointments to Shrink You... Qigong: True Healing Miracles Use Digestive Enzymes to Reduce Hemorrhoid Inflamm... Use Essential Oils and Herbs in a Sitz Bath for He... Using Asian Herbal Combinations for Hemorrhoid Sym... How Brewer's Yeast and MSM Clear Constipation How Constipation Affects Your Colon, and Health Constipation Remedy Using Apples and Other Juices Ease Those Bug Bites with Easy Herbs Foods that Help Relieve Hemorrhoids Diseases of the colon caused by Constipation Flax Seeds, Seeds, and Nuts for Constipation Relie... How to Eat Fiber How to be Heartburn Free Fiber and How it Eliminate Constipation Hemorrhoids - What Do I Need to Do? Natural Supplements For A Healthier Heart How to Use Cascara Sagrada as a Constipation Remed... Three Steps to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids Using Herbs to Relieve Hemorrhoids - Aloe Vera, Bi... Headaches/Migraine Hemorrhoids and Enlarged Rectal Veins How to Use Senna for Constipation Relief Self-Care is Health Care Eat Fiber and Avoid Constipation Using a Health Savings Account to Pay for Alternat... Bladder Infections Here Comes the Flu Season Constipation Home Remedies Using Juices Breakthrough Technology Helps Chiropractors and Ot... Get Hemorrhoid Relief from Herbal Remedies How to Eat Essential Fatty Acids Building Better Bones Health Medicine and Glyconutrition Glyconutrition: The Immune System Eureka! Take the Tea Bag Out !! Cancer : Are You a Believer Flu Threat: Lessons from Past Pandemics Wondering About Reiki? Green Drink for Constipation Top 5 Cold Sore Stages You Want To Avoid

â–º September (28)

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.6/1059 - Release Date: 10/9/2007 8:44 AM