RemedySpot.com

re: CPT Codes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

cpt codes are 97801, 97802 - the 97801 code is for an initial. you need to circle a cpt code and an icd 9 code. for morbid obesity, the icd 9 code is 278.01. if there are other comorbidities, you can circle other icd9's, as well, but you must document in the medical record, regarding the other comorbidities.

-----Original Message-----From: Runkle [mailto:tarunkle@...]Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 9:15 AM Subject: CPT Codes

I just got a call from an insurance company wanting to know the CPT code for a patient who was seen preop for her gastric bypass procedure. My bills are coded with ICD 9 codes (278-morbid obesity). What code should I use?

Thanks!

Runkle, MA, RD, LDN

Building on Basics

Nutrition Consulting Services, Inc.

• 3 years later...

Just got off the phone with the nurse who runs the aspirin desens

program at Scripps. She is sending me a large packet of information

which is supposed to include the CPT Code so I can call my insurance

co to begin the fight to see if they'll cover it. I will post these

codes when I receive them. FYI they are booked up thru April and

prefer to do the desens a couple of months after a patient's most

recent polyp surgery as they have the best luck w/ that.

Have a good weekend all.

wdp

• 1 year later...

And the codes are online free.

Re: CPT codes

the lic is for the code book. The do not collect on every time it is used to code a Dx which was what i thought you were implying.

Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.

On Wednesday, November 11, 2009, at 09:11PM, "Valarie " <val@...> wrote:

>

The AMA owns and charges for use of the CPT codes. There are various arrangements for payment, including royalties.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/solutions-managing-your-practice/coding-billing-insurance/cpt/cpt-products-services/licensing.shtml

Val

From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim

I suspect this is a myth. always check crap like this out at snopes.com before spreading it.

__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com