RemedySpot.com

Turmeric - no side effects, replaces Vioxx, and a wonderful anti-inflammatory and excellent for many illnesses!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Fantastic! Love, Joy

Kitchen Medicine And Potent Anti-Inflammatory: TurmericMonday, October 29, 2007 by: Dr A Kane Printable version Key concepts: turmeric, cancer and Vioxx. Want stories like this e-mailed to you? Click here for free e-mail alerts.

NewsTarget solutions for personal and planetary health:

Replace your toxic laundry detergent with natural laundry soap that grows on trees! (Popular solution!)

This top "underground" natural health newsletter brings you amazing new natural cures each month. Save $100!

How to treat and cure over 100 health conditions using little-known health secrets

How to halt type-2 diabetes with nutritional therapy - over 50% cure rate proven in studies

End cravings with this guide to natural appetite suppressants (Download edition available.)

How to blend nutritious meals in minutes with ' Superfood smoothie recipes (Delicious!)

Breakthrough LED lighting technology prevents global warming, saves 90% on your lighting bill• Browse more health books...• Shop our eco-friendly products...All sales help fund NewsTarget operations. (NewsTarget) Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a semi-tropical rhizhome which has been popular in East Asian curried dishes and other forms of cuisine for many centuries. The plants look like small ginger roots. Most folks will buy Turmeric in powdered form, but if you get the fresh roots, peel away the outer skin and chop finely. Beware! This deeply pigmented kitchen medicine will stain cutting boards and clothing. It is actually the deep yellow-orange pigment, a bioflavonoid, which confers the health-promoting attributes of this marvelous root.Turmeric first came on the US national scene as a medicinal substance a few years ago when the popular prescription anti-inflammatory Vioxx was pulled from the market because of an ominous trend towards causing increased heart attacks.In the (Nov 2005) Newsweek article describing the downfall of Vioxx, there was some mention of Turmeric as a substitute anti-inflammatory. In fact, there have been some Italian studies which compared Vioxx and Turmeric head-to-head for anti-inflammatory power, and Turmericperformed just as well, with no side-effects.I prescribe Turmeric to my patients for many conditions, including acute inflammation (injuries or sprained ligaments), to help blood sugar control (along with cinnamon and Chromium picolinate), to reduce respiratory distress which accompanies asthma or hayfever, and for cancer patients wishing to minimize recurrences.Oncologists, in particular, have taken an interest in Turmeric because they discovered, about a decade ago, that primary tumors (which can usually be cured, surgically) are much more likely to spread (metastasize) into compromised, or inflamed, tissues. In other words, when a primary tumor exists, it will secrete microscopic cancer cells into the general circulation.If these cancer cells “seed” new tissue, then we have secondary growth of the cancer and the disease is now considered systemic. Treatment becomes much more complicated, and the prognosis for survival worsens. Oncologists are very interested in preventing metastatic disease, and therefore have taken to using anti-inflammatories in their patients, to reduce the chance of micro-metastases becoming established.Healthy tissue is more likely to perform competently. The immune surveillance mechanism (white blood cell identification and destruction of pathogens – be they viruses, bacteria, indigestible food, or cancerous cells) remains viable in healthy tissue, by definition. Some speculate that the reason east India has relatively low cancer rates, despite terrible pollution problems, is that the general population eats a lot of turmeric, regularly.Turmeric has a strong color, but the taste is fairly mild. I recommend ¼ tsp of the powder daily as a general anti-inflammatory maintenance strategy. Triple that amount for cancer patients. When I cook a 4-quart pot of soup or stew for my family, I put gobs (1/4 cup) of turmeric into the pot. You can also sprinkle it on your food or add it to a smoothie.More recently, scientists have shown how Turmeric, in relatively small doses, can prevent, or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/104/31/12849 . This increasingly common and devastating form of dementia, is characterized by the build up of a type of plaque in the brain. AD patients are unable to clear beta-amyloid plaque, which accumulates in their brains. In July of 2007, researchers in the L.A. area affiliated with the Veteran's Hospital, published findings showing how turmeric increases clearance of beta-amyloid plaque in AD patients. The mechanism is stated as being increased genetic upregulation of the specific type of white blood cells (phagocytes) that will break down "foreign" material. Between 9 and 16 million Americans are projected to have AD by 2050 (Wall Street Journal 6/11/07).For more information on Turmeric or kitchen medicine, search Dr. Kane’s website: www.DrKane.com

About the authorDr Kane is a practising naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. For more info see www.DrKane.com###

Vote now: How would you rate this article from 1 to 10? (1=poor, 10=excellent. Votes are reflected within 1 business day.)

See more articles on: turmeric | cancer | Vioxx

Articles related to this article:• Turmeric extract shows strong anti-inflammatory effect in new study• Interview: Dr. Horner discusses choices women can make to prevent breast cancer• Nutritional products from New Chapter and other health innovators• Chemicals in curry and onions may help prevent colon cancer (press release)

Support NewsTarget by linking to this articleCopy and paste the following HTML code into any web page: <a href = "http://www.NewsTarget.com/022177.html">Kitchen Medicine And Potent Anti-Inflammatory: Turmeric</a> • Post your comment on this article (click here) "Here's what I think..." • Email this article to a friend (click here) "Hey, check this out!" • Be social! Share this article on: NewsVine | digg | del.icio.us • Permalink to this article: http://www.NewsTarget.com/022177.html • Reprinting this article: Non-commercial OK, cite NewsTarget with clickable link.

Highest Rated Stories:• FDA seizes $71k in herbal tea products as campaign of censorship against nutritional supplements continues• Governor Schwarzenegger Backs Aerial Biochemical Spraying That Harms Children• Breast Cancer Industry A Scam? Support Education, Not Medication• Vitamin D Recommendation Missing From Breast Cancer Task Force Report on Black Women• Traditional Herbal Blood Tonic Recipe Revealed by Medical Herbalist• Consumer groups join forces to reverse pasteurization ruling for raw almonds• Orlistat Marketed as Alli is a Big, Fat Lie

Win $100 in eco-friendly products and receive our Natural Health Newsletter FREESubscribe now (it's free!) to win. We randomly choose a subscriber each month to send $100 in eco-home products or a RealGoods.com gift certificate (our choice). Plus, you'll receive FREE news, articles and action alerts from NewsTarget editors and join over 500,000 monthly readers who report extraordinary health improvements after becoming a subscriber!

100% free of charge. Unsubscribe anytime. Absolutely no spam. We respect your email privacy. Our privacy policy. Receive breaking news alerts on natural health solutions, renewable energy, the environment, global warming and more. Receive a free instant download of our $29 Secret Sources guide that reveals top sources for little-known health and diet solutions.

Your Email Address:

Free Subscription Code:

Enter the numbers you see:

Testimonials From Current Subscribers"Mike is the best health and natural products writer on the scene today." - Ronnie Cummins, founder, Organic Consumers Association "Your newsletter is even better than books I've paid for!" - S. Knudson "I can't thank you enough for sharing this for free. It's been a godsend..." - C. "Every day, I forward the NewsTarget Insider to probably five friends, and they love it!" - C. Engel "... there's at least one really good article for me to read every day, and I read it and follow it." - N. Post "I'm still not sure why you don't charge $79 a year for this like all the other health newsletters..." - M. White "Just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have a special place in my prayers for your gift of this newsletter." - O. Davenport "As a nutritionist and naturopath, I love your website. Mike is spot on..." - A. Dunev, B.S., C.N., PhD "I credit huge amounts to NewsTarget, which has provided me with education, humor, and courage to step away from the established medical assumptions which have actually been making me worse all these years." - A. O'Neal "I am writing to tell you how much I appreciate your newsletter. I am an RN case manager and I regularly share the information I learn from your site with my patients. Thank you for doing such fine work." - L. "Your site is so interesting! I love what you have to say in every area. The articles on the real estate bubble are very clear and, I believe, right on target (thank goodness I own my house free and clear and don't have a second one). Your nutrition stuff is always excellent too, and the political stuff is so fun and right on "target". Keep up the great work!" - T. "Thank you for all the time and effort that's gone into the CWRC and Newstarget sites, I've spent the last two weeks or so plowing through them, and have come out the other side much more educated, and motivated to start paying a lot more attention to my own health." - Conrad "Outstanding work! It has helped me to organize my confused ideas about many health topics, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Doctors I have visited do not like to spend the time educating you. I have only learned through your many written articles. I copy them to my Word files for future reference and study. Congratulations and thanks for your help!" - C. Noguera "Thanks for all the wonderful information which I constantly receive. I am so sated with knowledge at the moment, I am euphoric." - C. Tinder- "I subscribe to your newsletter and forward them to friends and family. I'm always thankful for reading anything that is written in the best interest of people as opposed to big companies." - L. Harter

This page powered by the WebSeed Content Management System (CMS) created by Mike .This site is part of the NewsTarget Network ©2004,2005,2006,2007 . Privacy | Terms All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing International, LTD. has full ownership of and takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no health or nutritional products and earns no money from health product manufacturers or promoters. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.

Which pomegranate juices can you trust?Click here to find out...

Are your medications making you sick?Check the safety of your medication by clicking here.

Do U Eat This?See shocking processed meat photos... up close!

FREE Reports to view right now:• Amazon Herb Company review• The pH Nutrition Guide to Acid / Alkaline Balance• Pet Food Ingredients Revealed! (shocking)• Medicine From Fish• The Water Cure• The Healing Power of Sunlight & Vitamin D

Related CartoonsHow the Cancer Industry Controls Women Negotiating with Big Pharma Adderall vs. Meth

High Impact Stories:• Half a million loads of laundry will now be chemical free thanks to availability of eco-friendly "soap nuts" laundry detergent• Certain pomegranate juice products deceive consumers with dishonest labels and ingredients, reveals new consumer guide• NewsTarget.com releases shocking macrophotography pictures of processed meats: Salami, sausage and hot dogs• The Amazon Herb Company: An Independent Review• Pet food revealed: Consumer Wellness Center posts nutritional review of 570 pet food ingredients• The sunscreen myth: How sunscreen products actually promote cancer• New research shows vitamin D slashes risk of cancers by 77 percent; cancer industry refuses to support cancer prevention• The aloe vera miracle: A natural medicine for cancer, cholesterol, diabetes, inflammation, IBS, and other health conditions• Mike launches eco-friendly LED lighting technology with 1000% improvement in energy efficiency• Review: The Future of Food, a must-see documentary that exposes the biotech threat to life on our planet• NewsTarget secures reader discounts on top health and eco-friendly products• Americans fed up with drug industry influence, FDA corruption, reveals remarkable Consumer Reports survey• Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"• Health guru launches online Disease Mongering Engine that instantly generates hilarious fictitious disease names

Health product companies we recommendRead recommendations on supplement companies, health food manufacturers and personal care product makers that you can trust. Our 100% independent review list tells you who to trust and who to avoid in the natural health industry. Click to read.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.15/1101 - Release Date: 10/31/2007 10:06 AM