RemedySpot.com

Information on Ron .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friday, November 2, 2007

What's the REAL answer for our health care woes?

First, read this news article from Business Week: "The U.S. Is Unhappy with Its Health Care." Okay, now let's talk about this. I find it interesting how these types of discussions turn us into victims. These debates paint a dire picture regardless of which side of the political spectrum you associate with. We're painted to be at the mercy of the powers-that-be to determine whether we will have good health. Are we really? I couldn't read this Business Week article and the readers' comments and NOT post a comment myself. Here's what I had to say:I think we're missing the point when it comes to health care. Americans need to realize that their health is not the responsibility of the government or the companies/individuals involved in health care. Each person is responsible for his/her own health. Certainly unexpected emergencies arise, but most of our health problems really stem back to poor lifestyle choices. Our health care system would be more effective and efficient if we only needed them for those rare life-threatening emergencies. Instead, we eat and do things we know are harmful to our bodies and then try to put the responsibility and blame elsewhere--expecting the health care system (or the government) to provide a cheap/magic fix for our poor life choices. Yes, health care in the U.S. has problems, but I choose not to leave my health and well being in the hands of others unless absolutely necessary. This is why I love Ron 's views about health freedom. Here's Ron 's stance:Americans are justifiably concerned over the government’s escalating intervention into their freedom to choose what they eat and how they take care of their health.The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in order to comply with standards dictated by supra-national organizations such as the UN‘s World Food Code (CODEX), NAFTA, and CAFTA, has been assuming greater control over nutrients, vitamins and natural health care providers to restrict your right to choose the manner in which you manage your health and nutritional needs.I have been the national leader in preserving Health Freedom.I have introduced the Health Freedom Protection Act, HR 2117, to ensure Americans can receive truthful health information about supplements and natural remedies.I support the Access to Medical Treatment Act, H.R. 2717, which expands the ability of Americans to use alternative medicine and new treatments.I oppose legislation that increases the FDA‘s legal powers. FDA has consistently failed to protect the public from dangerous drugs, genetically modified foods, dangerous pesticides and other chemicals in the food supply. Meanwhile they waste public funds attacking safe, healthy foods and dietary supplementsI also opposed the Homeland Security Bill, H.R. 5005, which, in section 304, authorizes the forced vaccination of American citizens against small pox. The government should never have the power to require immunizations or vaccinations. Freedom in health care... now that's a great idea. How about letting individual Americans choose to take responsibility for their own health? Honestly, I have found through my own research and experience that a good portion of the "treatments" and "solutions" approved by the FDA and offered by mainstream health care institutions aren't necessarily the best treatments and solutions available. I have found that they are, unfortunately, quite often harmful--even while they may diminish or eliminate a specific health problem. And, considering the FDA's current failings, I don't really trust the government to take tax money and provide me stellar health care through socialized medicine. Even if the government were to provide universal health care, and it was the only health care option available, I'd still only use it for emergencies. I prefer to stay healthy and then find natural solutions whenever possible. Ron has stood out as a strong defender of my, and your, right to seek alternative health solutions. Sometimes mainstream medicine does have the answer, and sometimes the best course is a supplement or alternative treatment. Unfortunately, the FDA and pharmaceutical lobbyists aren't always interested in making the truth available to consumers. Dr. Ron wants to empower us to take our health back.

Posted by Lani at 9:22 AM