Fw: Aurveydic Doctor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

November 16, 2007

THE INDIAN EXPRESS GROUP

ARCHIVE

MORE IN SCREEN

MUSIC

Ustad Sultan Khan’s song in Akriti Solitaire Ustad Sultan Khan has blessed Akriti by singing the main video song 'Dhoonde nann banwra' in her album Akriti Solitaire, composed by Guru Sharma. Besides...

more »

REGIONAL

Bhumika Chawla to wed Bhumika Chawla is getting married to Bharat Thakur on October 25 at a five-star hotel in Mumbai. The two met when she went...

more »

TELEVISION

No sms voteouts or judges in this reality show Zoom, and Sunsilkgangofgirls.com, have launched a reality show ‘Sunsilk Gang of Girls - Spotlight Mein’ that will present four talented girls from around the...

more »

INTERNATIONAL

Casey Affleck may outshine Brother Ben It is not easy living up to the exploits of an older brother like -winner and box-office draw Ben Affleck, but actor Casey Affleck could soon eclipse his...

more »

LATESTNEWS

'We have become escapists' Randhir Kapoor talks about the latest Kapoor protege, his father's films and his family's Kolkata connection.

more »

RENDEZVOUS

Finger on the pulse

GSVisually-impaired Ayurvedic doctor helps clear skin and haire feels your pulse for a minute or two, lets go of your hand and has a fair idea of what ails you. Pulse diagnose may be a regular practice in Ayurveda, but Dr Sameer Mansuri's supersensitivity to any ailment has another reason, Dr Mansuri is visually-impaired by birth! And according to him it is his handicap that has given him this power. "Your concentration decreases by 50 per cent when you can see, as you are distracted by everything around you. I am happy to be blind because it helps my work!" says the 32-year-old Ayurvedic doctor. Besides providing diagnosis and treatment for diseases like diabetes, blood pressure and other serious ailments, the doctor specializes in beauty treatments for enhancing complexion, slimming and better hair growth! And this has brought a whole lot of Bollywood artistes scurrying to his clinic in suburban Mumbai. Bollywood celebs like Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Viveik Oberoi, Ashmit Patel, Subhash Ghai, newcomer Harman Baweja and other are his friends and patients. "As a professional doctor it would be unethical disclose what my patients suffer from, but the basic problem for many actors is the same. Low-energy level, stress, skin blemishes and rashes because of make-up and harsh lights. Because of their stressful lives and erratic schedules many also suffer from hair loss and thinning. Ayurveda has ample solutions for these problems. People like Harman Baweja came to me after trying other treatments and were very happy with my treatment for his acne," says the doctor. While producer-director Subhash Ghai acknowledges that it helped elevate his energy levels, Ashmit Patel uses his shampoo and oil for those silken tresses. Dr Mansuri is not only a graduate in Ayurved but a PhD in the science of Ayurved and Alternative Medicine from the open university of Colombo, and has trained more than 500 doctors in the field of Ayurvedic medicines. He refutes the charges that Ayurvedic medicinie can have side- effects because of the metal content. “One has to learn and understand the correct mix and proportion. What is good for one can be poison for another. Knowing the fine difference is a gift and one which I have been blessed with," says the doctor cheerfully.

Ayurveda has also taken a knocking for substandard medicines and treatments being long drawn out. Refutes the doctor slowly. "Most ailments today are the results of a wrong lifestyle, so the first thing we do is to cleanse the internal system with our medicines. This improves the blood circulation, rids the body of impurities, and slowly everything else just falls into place. The treatment can be anything from 45 days to three months depending on the ailment. Harman for one saw a drastic improvement in his skin within seven days of applying our herbal masks. We have short-term treatments which show effect after two weeks. As for substandard stuff being used. Ayurvedic ingredients like pearl, gold and kasturi are very expensive so many docs may use cheaper substitutes and steroids but I source my ingredients from the Himalayas, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and other states. Don't forget Ayurved is being practiced since centuries and was the treatment for our rajas and maharajas," he says, also adding that since his problem is congenital there is no cure, but he has treated many blind people and helped them recover their eyesights.

SERVICES

Matrimonials

Register FREE on Naukri.com.

Fly and avail 25% on hotels

Send Flowers

Send Diwali Gifts to India

Find Love, Friends on FROPPER!

Horoscope, Astrology, Cricket, FREE !!!

Flowers in Hyderabad, Nagpur, Jaipur, Baroda, Chandigarh, Kochi,

Search for Health, Travel, Autos

Expressindia | The Indian Express | The Financial Express | City Newslines | Kashmir Live | Loksatta

The Indian Express Group | Advertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Feedback| Work With Us | Site Map

© 2007: Indian Express Newspapers (Mumbai) Ltd. All rights reserved throughout the world.