RemedySpot.com

Anti-dust mite spray etc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Has anyone tried any of these sprays and laundry additives for dust mites? They also have spray for animal dander.

I sent for a catalog from www.nationallergy.com and of course I am now browsing through it with all these gadgets, sprays, powders etc. They are a might spendy for experimental purposes. Just wondered if anyone has any history of this stuff.

Guest guest

I have used several products from National Allergy Supply in my war against dust mites. My pillows, mattress, and box springs are encased in heavy-duty covers from them. I have used both their tannic acid based carpet treatments and a newer borax product that I apply with a steam cleaner. I use their AllerVac bags in my vacuum and I have treated my draperies and bed linens with Allergex dust retardant. One anti-mite product that might be problematic for those with Samters is de-mite laundry additive -- one of its ingredients is menthyl salicylate! Does any of this do me any good? I can't really say, but hope it does.

Karl W.

PS -- the "al" in the url should be repeated -- http://www.nationalallergy.com/