RemedySpot.com

Lets Move on

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been standing back and reading some of the post and I think we all need to continue with the group because overall it is beneficial to everyone and at the least it keeps us abreast of new ideas and med. Lets get past what was said, who said, and why it was offensive to some. In a forum such as this it is often necessary to understand that perception and perspective are two different things. Lets lay down the verbal weapons and get ready for new revelations in 2008 that will help all of us that suffer with this dreaded disease. I am very familiar with online groups having complete two masters degrees online and I am now completing my doctorate online. Working in learning team with people from all over the

world with different view often lead to emotional verbage that cost high in the realms of peace and harmony. Now, in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along."

TamiTami, don't know if you will read this because I don't know if you are still subscribed.Anyone is always welcome to announce when they are new or when they have decided to leave. I was just responding to 's post about people leaving. I am sorry if you think I am defending people who should not be defended and that I have my priorities mixed up here. I try to be as diplomatic as I can and I feel I have been. I have really not expressed my true feelings on this subject, as a matter of fact, because I think it's not my place and it would not be helpful at all. I was not on the site in the summer. I

did not see the post you are referring to from the summer and so unfortunately I cannot comment on that -- I don't really know what to say, not having read it. I did read Ken's post that upset you so much this time. As a group moderator, if I had issues with another group moderator, I would bring it up with them privately. I guess I just did not take Ken's post the way that you did. I am reading it again now for about the tenth time and I still do not believe he attacked anyone personally. If he said, "the babblers, like Lori" that would have been confrontational. He did not. He certainly could have, because I am a babbler and am probably all four categories that he listed. Except maybe a silver bulleter. I WANT a silver bullet I just don't believe there is one or will ever be.Quite honestly I think Ken has a very dry sense of humor that

is misunderstood over e-mail. I think this is not seeing the forest for the trees and I still think it's missing the point of his whole message, which was an overall positive message about the group, saying that despite the many faults of this group or any group, it is still more helpful than not.He did not single anyone out. I am not defending him because I don't think there is anything to defend. I have never in many years seen Ken or Karl attack another person, singling them out, and I still don't see it. I'm sorry if you think that is blind or my priorities are not straight. Rudeness and being inconsiderate is very subjective and I don't think it's possible to moderate rudeness. If people want a moderated group where every message is moderated, that kind of a group would be much less immediate, much more restricive and probably not so

helpful. We have often debated about switching to a moderated group and it just does not seem to be the best idea. That may be at the cost of some people getting their feelings hurt but it's a risk we have to take. I am sorry if some people get their feelings hurt. My feelings have been hurt many times here but I realize it's just part of this whole method of interchange and that we come up against people we would normally never associate with in "real life."I certainly hope no one would jump off a bridge after reading any of the posts here. That would be awful. No one here has all the right answers. I don't know what else to say.