RemedySpot.com

Cherries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Amber,

The naturopath I am seeing said NO fruit at all while trying to clear up

Candida. There is natural sugar in fruit and it was just feed the yeast.

Patti

_____

Behalf Of kennetheriklucy

Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:59 PM

candidiasis

Subject: Cherries

My 5 1/2 yr old asd son is fighting yeast, and on a harsh dose of a

prescription drug that causes yeast to flare up.

I am under the impression that frozen whole cranberries and pears are

safe for him to eat. I've been trying to find out if there is any other

fruit that he can eat right now, or if there isn't and to hold off

giving him any other fruits until his yeast gets better.

A mom told me that canned cherries with the juice poured off are safe.

I am very leary of giving him any new fruit for fear of it feeding his

yeast until I am very sure that it is not going to do that. Does anyone

know if canned cherries are Ok- or any other fruit that would be

safe??

Thanks.

Amber.

He should be having no fruit at all for the first 3 - 6 months.

Keen

Cherries

My 5 1/2 yr old asd son is fighting yeast, and on a harsh dose of a

prescription drug that causes yeast to flare up.

I am under the impression that frozen whole cranberries and pears are

safe for him to eat. I've been trying to find out if there is any other

fruit that he can eat right now, or if there isn't and to hold off

giving him any other fruits until his yeast gets better.

A mom told me that canned cherries with the juice poured off are safe.

I am very leary of giving him any new fruit for fear of it feeding his

yeast until I am very sure that it is not going to do that. Does anyone

know if canned cherries are Ok- or any other fruit that would be

safe??

Thanks.

Amber.

It's been almost 10 months, and the only 2 fruits he's on is pears and

cranberries.

The reason I'm leery about introducing a new fruit right now is because he's

on a harsh dose of valtrex which causes yeast to flare up, so I'm watching

what he eats. Is there a safe fruit that I can re-introduce to him now, or,

should I wait until he's done the valtrex??

Thanks.

Amber.

On 8/28/06, Keen Venables <kvenables@...> wrote:

>

> He should be having no fruit at all for the first 3 - 6 months.

>

> Keen

>

>

> Cherries

>

> My 5 1/2 yr old asd son is fighting yeast, and on a harsh dose of a

> prescription drug that causes yeast to flare up.

> I am under the impression that frozen whole cranberries and pears are

> safe for him to eat. I've been trying to find out if there is any other

> fruit that he can eat right now, or if there isn't and to hold off

> giving him any other fruits until his yeast gets better.

> A mom told me that canned cherries with the juice poured off are safe.

> I am very leary of giving him any new fruit for fear of it feeding his

> yeast until I am very sure that it is not going to do that. Does anyone

> know if canned cherries are Ok- or any other fruit that would be

> safe??

> Thanks.

> Amber.

>

>

I always say, if in doubt, don't. It is harder to undo damage than

never do it at all.

Keen

Cherries

>

> My 5 1/2 yr old asd son is fighting yeast, and on a harsh dose of a

> prescription drug that causes yeast to flare up.

> I am under the impression that frozen whole cranberries and pears are

> safe for him to eat. I've been trying to find out if there is any

other

> fruit that he can eat right now, or if there isn't and to hold off

> giving him any other fruits until his yeast gets better.

> A mom told me that canned cherries with the juice poured off are safe.

> I am very leary of giving him any new fruit for fear of it feeding his

> yeast until I am very sure that it is not going to do that. Does

anyone

> know if canned cherries are Ok- or any other fruit that would be

> safe??

> Thanks.

> Amber.

>

>

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

Karl,

No I haven't. What is the basis behind cherries for pain relief. I like

cherries!!!

Annie

KARL OFTEDAHL <kofted@...> wrote:

Has anyone on this list tried cherries for pain relief?

Guest guest

Annie,

I don't really know except I have seen it on

arthitise sites as a pain reliever.

Karl

Karl,

No I haven't. What is the basis behind cherries for

pain relief. I like cherries!!!

Annie

KARL OFTEDAHL <kofted (DOT) com> wrote:

Has anyone on this list tried cherries for pain

relief?

____________ _________ _________ _________

• 6 months later...

Dear NewsTarget readers,

The health benefits of cherry concentrates

I've studied cherries quite extensively over the past few years. Their health benefits are nothing short of astonishing. All fruits contain natural medicines called "phytonutrients," and cherries contain well over a hundred different phytonutrients. The most potent phytonutrients are found in the skin of the cherries, and that's why drinking cherry concentrates made with cherry skins can be so powerful in creating positive health effects.

The scientific literature on cherries is very clear that cherries contain very powerful natural anti-inflammatory medicines. They work equal to or better than prescription drugs at easing inflammation pain, and better yet, they won't kill you like dangerous prescription drugs can. According to estimates by Dr. Graham, a senior drug safety researcher at the FDA, the drug Vioxx likely killed well over 60,000 Americans all by itself by causing an alarming increase in the rate of heart attacks and strokes. Cherries have killed no one! In fact, the only side effects of cherries are all beneficial: Improved cardiovascular health, nervous system protection, reversal of gout and so on.

Cherries are 100% biocompatible with the human body (synthethic pharmaceuticals are not). Cherries are grown by nature and contain natural phytonutrients that your body recognizes. Pharmaceuticals on the other hand, are concocted in a laboratory and contain synthetic chemicals that are toxic to the liver, kidneys and brain. Which would you rather use as medicine? You can start using CherryFlex as natural medicine right now. Just claim your 30-day supply at http://www.CherryFlex.com

Cherries are available without a prescription, and they taste great! In fact, I've been eating these CherryFlex softgels like candy! (They're really delicious. In fact, I encourage people to chew these supplements and experience the cherry taste. It's absolutely wonderful!)

What health conditions, exactly, can cherries help prevent or reverse? Keep in mind these are all my own statements and are not claimed by the FruitFast company. (Not a surprise, given than the company has already been threatened by the FDA and is unable to exercise its free speech rights to tell you the truth about the health benefits of cherry concentrates...)

I know cherries and cherry concentrates to:

• Eliminate arthritis pain better than anti-inflammatory prescription drugs• Eliminate gout• Substantially lower the risk of colorectal cancer• Protect the heart and cardiovascular system from degenerative disease• Help protect the brain and nervous system• Help prevent cancer throughout the body

Perhaps this is why the FDA absolutely cannot stand for the public to learn the truth about the health benefits of cherries. That's why the FDA has resorted to censorship and intimidation, using the tactics of organized crime operations to threaten cherry growers and marketers into removing any information from their websites that might reveal the truth about the exciting health benefits of cherries. The CherryFlex manufacturer, for example, cannot even link to this very article without being threatened or raided by the FDA!

In 2006, the Life Extension Foundation published an excellent article about the FDA's censorship of cherry growers. It's called FDA Threatens to Raid Cherry Orchards.

In May, 2006, I also wrote an opinion piece about FDA censorship of cherries. Read it here: http://www.newstarget.com/019366.html

Want to learn more about the health benefits of cherries? Check out what the scientific literature says:

Google Scholar search on "cherries inflammation"http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en & lr= & q=cherries+inflammation

Google Scholar search on "cherry gout"http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en & lr= & q=cherry+gout

Exercise your health freedom by replacing Big Pharma's drugs with Mother Nature's medicine

One of the most powerful expressions of your beliefs is found in what you buy. If you keep buying and using prescription drugs, then you're supporting Big Pharma, regardless of what you intellectually believe about those destructive corporations.

Replacing pharmaceuticals with medicine from Mother Nature is one of the most powerful expressions of health freedom that you can invoke. Simply making the choice to spend your money on natural products rather than synthetic chemicals is an extremely self-empowering decision that puts control over your health back into your own hands! If you want doctors, pharmacists and drug companies to run your life and determine your health, then medications are for you, but if you want to live life free of chronic pain, in full control over your health destiny, empowered and informed, then get your medicine from nature. Berries are powerful medicine, and you can experience the health benefits of cherry concentrates yourself by getting this 30-day supply of CherryFlex: http://www.CherryFlex.com

If you have a cherry orchard nearby, or can eat huge amounts of fresh cherries every day, then you don't actually need these supplements: Just eat the cherries! But for the rest of us, this cherry concentrate supplement is the next best thing. (See below...)

Can't I just eat cherries to experience these health benefits?

Yes, eating cherries is by far the most natural way to get the natural medicine found in cherries. But many people today are in such pain from arthritis or gout that they need a very large volume of nature's medicine to experience a therapeutic effect.

Can you eat two pounds of cherries a day? That's a lot more difficult to do on a regular basis than simply swallowing a shelf-stable cherry concentrate softgel. I'm not saying that supplements are better than real food, but for those who need high concentrations of the medicinal components found in food, these supplements can be miracle workers. Eat the food AND take the supplements! (That's what I do.) I eat fresh fruit daily, and I also take fruit concentrates every day. It's one of the reasons I stay so fit and healthy while having no need whatsoever for pharmaceuticals.

The FruitFlex product is highly concentrated, with each softgel capsule delivering over 100mg of anthocyanins, 20mg of flavones and 30mg of tannins (those are all names of some of the natural medicines found in cherries). You'd have to chew your way through a whole lot of cherries to get the same nutrition.

Plus, softgels are easy to take to work or carry on a plane. They're portable and convenient, and this particular supplement contains absolutely no chemical preservatives or fillers. The soft gel capsule is made primarily out of gelatin and beeswax. (Please note: It is not vegan due to the gelatin.)

Mike , the Health Ranger

• 1 year later...

Sounds like you have had a Yummy time!!! Are you or anyone that you know impacted by the fires in or the flooding going on? Take care and I hope that you and your family are healthy, happy and having a great day, Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Wireless NetworkFrom: "Clare@GOOGLE MAIL" Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:25:25 +1100< >Subject: Cherries Just wanted to add a bit to the CHERRY discussion.It is Cherry time Down Under and as usual we have 'stuffed ourselves' (yum), made jam and syrup, canned some for when the season ends and we JUST GOTTA have some!. One things we did learn last year is that cherries are good for GOUT, ( seems they lower the uric acid) so we got about ten kilo of seconds from the farm up the road, and I cooked and puréed, then bottled them. They have worked so well. Hubbie takes 'His Medicine' (grin) either straight on a large spoon, in fizzy mineral water as a cool drink, or (heaven forbid) over ice cream... when ever he feels an attack comming on he goes straight for the home made juice..... We also have a food dehydrator, so he has a supply of (fresh) dried cherries on hand for when he feels he needs some extra cherry kick... they are every so nice, dipped in chocolate..... however (sadly) that is not a required part of the gout treatment.http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en & q=cherries+gout & meta= Sharing Down Under ThoughtsClare in Taz

Hi - I am just dropping in to say how glad we are you joined our group. Hope you enjoy the friendly support, and the helpful information posted daily.

I am from Hervey Bay in Australia. About 2-days drive from the northern floods, and maybe 5-days drive from the n fires down south. The other day there was thick blue smoke in the bay. I guess the fierce winds drove the smoke northwards. Even today we can smell the smoke in the air. It is a heartbreaking time for those directly affected.

BTW when I cannot get the fresh cherries I buy a couple of packets of frozen cherries. Very nice with homemade yoghurt, and maple syrup. I do feel better when I eat cherries. For some reason... I seem to sleep better, too. Take care. Be happy!

Cheers n Smiles

Carlene

>> Sounds like you have had a Yummy time!!! Are you or anyone that you know impacted by the fires in or the flooding going on? > Take care and I hope that you and your family are healthy, happy and having a great day, >

Carlene, so frozen cherries are just as good? Or even almost as good? I always think we need fresh everything. I'm going out to get me some frozen cherries.

Pam H

Re: Cherries

Hi - I am just dropping in to say how glad we are you joined our group. Hope you enjoy the friendly support, and the helpful information posted daily.

I am from Hervey Bay in Australia. About 2-days drive from the northern floods, and maybe 5-days drive from the n fires down south. The other day there was thick blue smoke in the bay. I guess the fierce winds drove the smoke northwards. Even today we can smell the smoke in the air. It is a heartbreaking time for those directly affected.

BTW when I cannot get the fresh cherries I buy a couple of packets of frozen cherries. Very nice with homemade yoghurt, and maple syrup. I do feel better when I eat cherries. For some reason... I seem to sleep better, too. Take care. Be happy!

Cheers n Smiles

Carlene

>> Sounds like you have had a Yummy time!!! Are you or anyone that you know impacted by the fires in or the flooding going on? > Take care and I hope that you and your family are healthy, happy and having a great day, >

Hi Clare - Sounds like you have got your own little home cherry factory going on there. My hubbie has just started eating them recently. Now, you cannot keep him away from cherries, and yoghurt. He has suffered from gout over the years. So, good to hear that they help remove uric acid.

Like you I have a (small) food dehydrator. I will have to take your cue, go to the markets, and bring some cherries home to dry. That is a great idea!

Cheers n Smiles

Carlene

>> Fibro-research Support GroupJust wanted to add a bit to the CHERRY discussion.> It is Cherry time Down Under and as usual we have 'stuffed ourselves' (yum), made jam and syrup, canned some for when the season ends and we JUST GOTTA have some!.