RemedySpot.com

Emailing: 022226.htm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why Wild Salmon Is Better Than Farm-RaisedMonday, November 12, 2007 by: Mangano Printable version Key concepts: salmon, PCBs and food safety. Want stories like this e-mailed to you? Click here for free e-mail alerts.

FREE 30-Day Supply of CherryFlex for NewsTarget Readers • Exclusive offer for NewsTarget readers in the U.S. only• Free 30-day supply of CherryFlex, you pay just S & H• NewsTarget earns nothing, and we were not paid to promote this.• The Health Ranger says cherry concentrates eliminate arthritis pain better than drugs• Cherry concentrates can reverse gout, prevent colon cancer and much more!• Limit one bottle per U.S. household. Offer only good while supplies last.Read the NewsTarget article about this Click here to get your 30-day supply right now NOTE: No gimmicks. This is a unique, valuable and exclusive offer that's limited to the first 20,000 bottles and is being announced only by NewsTarget.com. (NewsTarget) A good friend of mine is crazy about fish. He doesn’t have it too often, cognizant of the high levels of mercury found in some fish, so he tries to limit himself to having it once, twice a week max. Anyway, he went to his local fish market to buy some fresh salmon, surprised to see that one of the salmon fillets was $10 higher than the other. Not wanting to spend the extra Hamilton, he opted for the lesser of the two—the farm-raised, thinking the only reason for the difference in price was due to your basic supply and demand. Oh, if that were the only difference.I can certainly sympathize with my tuition-paying, college-attending friend’s reasoning for not wanting to spend more money when it’s tight as it is. But when it comes to salmon, spending a little extra is worth it.Obviously, part of the reason for the difference in price is the fact that wild salmon is harder to come by than farm-raised, but that’s due, at least in part, to a widely released report about the dangerous dioxins found in farm-raised salmon that many people have heeded in their salmon purchases, but not nearly enough.In a study published in the journal Science in 2004, researchers discovered that farm-raised salmon had more dioxins and other chemicals like PCBs—polychlorinated biphenyls, which the Department of Health and Human Services has determined are carcinogens—than in wild salmon. Not just more, but 11 times more! Another study published in a 2005 edition of the journal Nutrition found similar results, theirs showing PCBs were ten times higher in farm-raised salmon than in wild salmon. The worst part of the contamination problem is it knows no boundaries. From South America, to European waters, to farming locales here at home, farm-raised salmon are littered with these poisonous PCBs because the fish oils and other feed farmers are giving to their salmon for sustenance is contaminated. The salmon then absorb these chemicals when they eat, which is transferred to you when you get them at your local fish market. Wild salmon doesn’t have this problem because, as the term “wild” indicates, they get their sustenance from a variety of sources in the ocean, many of which aren’t nearly as contaminated (0.17 parts per billion vs. 1.88 parts per billion).Now, before you run to your freezer to throw out the fish you just bought for dinner tonight, take a deep breath. Don’t be too hasty. As hazardous to your health as PCBs and dioxins can be, all the present research indicates that the benefits of eating heart healthy (and low-mercury-count friendly) fish like salmon far outweigh the risks. The key is to eat less farm-raised. But even here, there’s ways in which to eliminate a significant portion of the chemicals found in them. Perhaps the easiest way is to eliminate the skin. Previous studies done on farm-raised salmon were done with the skin on, and most of the absorbed pollutants are stored in the skin. So just by peeling off that layer of skin before you throw it on the grill is one way.Another way is to ask your fish market provider if they know what foods farmers gave their salmon. As Jane Houlian of the Environmental Working Group pointed out in a 2004 interview with CBS News, many farmers are providing their salmon with alternative food sources like canola and soybean oil in an effort to prevent their salmon from becoming contaminated as much as possible.Again, this is not a call to stop eating fish or salmon. The fact that we live in an industrialized world means that contaminants, like PCBs, will find their way into our food supply one way or another. The call is to eat as little farm-raised fish as possible until this issue is addressed with a bit more urgency than it is at present.

About the author Mangano is a natural health expert and best selling author who teaches you how to dramatically improve your health naturally, without expensive and potentially dangerous prescription drugs. He is an independent researcher and has absolutely no financial ties to any pharmaceutical drug company or supplement company.To learn more, visit one of the most comprehensive and reliable sources for natural health information on the web:http://www.naturalhealthontheweb.com ###

Vote now: How would you rate this article from 1 to 10? (1=poor, 10=excellent. Votes are reflected within 1 business day.)

See more articles on: salmon | PCBs | food safety

Articles related to this article:• Product review: AstaFactor Salmon Essentials with salmon oil and astaxanthin• Headlines warn about farmed salmon, but any salmon is better than junk food• Handling Pet Treats Can Cause Human Ills (press release)• Brain health dramatically improved by intake of omega-3 fatty acids and fish oils• Vitamin warning! Some nutritional supplements use hydrogenated oils as filler

Support NewsTarget by linking to this articleCopy and paste the following HTML code into any web page: <a href = "http://www.NewsTarget.com/022226.html">Why Wild Salmon Is Better Than Farm-Raised</a> • Post your comment on this article (click here) "Here's what I think..." • Email this article to a friend (click here) "Hey, check this out!" • Be social! Share this article on: NewsVine | digg | del.icio.us • Permalink to this article: http://www.NewsTarget.com/022226.html • Reprinting this article: Non-commercial OK, cite NewsTarget with clickable link.

Highest Rated Stories:• FDA seizes $71k in herbal tea products as campaign of censorship against nutritional supplements continues• Herbal Alternatives to the Flu Shot (Part 1)• Traditional Herbal Blood Tonic Recipe Revealed by Medical Herbalist• Trans-Fats and the American Diet• Herbal Tonic for Energy, Shingles, Herpes and More• Governor Schwarzenegger Backs Aerial Biochemical Spraying That Harms Children• The Wonders Of Our Biological Rhythms

Win $100 in eco-friendly products and receive our Natural Health Newsletter FREESubscribe now (it's free!) to win. We randomly choose a subscriber each month to send $100 in eco-home products or a RealGoods.com gift certificate (our choice). Plus, you'll receive FREE news, articles and action alerts from NewsTarget editors and join over 500,000 monthly readers who report extraordinary health improvements after becoming a subscriber!

100% free of charge. Unsubscribe anytime. Absolutely no spam. We respect your email privacy. Our privacy policy. Receive breaking news alerts on natural health solutions, renewable energy, the environment, global warming and more. Receive a free instant download of our $29 Secret Sources guide that reveals top sources for little-known health and diet solutions.

Your Email Address:

Free Subscription Code:

Enter the numbers you see:

Testimonials From Current Subscribers"Mike is the best health and natural products writer on the scene today." - Ronnie Cummins, founder, Organic Consumers Association "Your newsletter is even better than books I've paid for!" - S. Knudson "I can't thank you enough for sharing this for free. It's been a godsend..." - C. "Every day, I forward the NewsTarget Insider to probably five friends, and they love it!" - C. Engel "... there's at least one really good article for me to read every day, and I read it and follow it." - N. Post "I'm still not sure why you don't charge $79 a year for this like all the other health newsletters..." - M. White "Just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have a special place in my prayers for your gift of this newsletter." - O. Davenport "As a nutritionist and naturopath, I love your website. Mike is spot on..." - A. Dunev, B.S., C.N., PhD "I credit huge amounts to NewsTarget, which has provided me with education, humor, and courage to step away from the established medical assumptions which have actually been making me worse all these years." - A. O'Neal "I am writing to tell you how much I appreciate your newsletter. I am an RN case manager and I regularly share the information I learn from your site with my patients. Thank you for doing such fine work." - L. "Your site is so interesting! I love what you have to say in every area. The articles on the real estate bubble are very clear and, I believe, right on target (thank goodness I own my house free and clear and don't have a second one). Your nutrition stuff is always excellent too, and the political stuff is so fun and right on "target". Keep up the great work!" - T. "Thank you for all the time and effort that's gone into the CWRC and Newstarget sites, I've spent the last two weeks or so plowing through them, and have come out the other side much more educated, and motivated to start paying a lot more attention to my own health." - Conrad "Outstanding work! It has helped me to organize my confused ideas about many health topics, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Doctors I have visited do not like to spend the time educating you. I have only learned through your many written articles. I copy them to my Word files for future reference and study. Congratulations and thanks for your help!" - C. Noguera "Thanks for all the wonderful information which I constantly receive. I am so sated with knowledge at the moment, I am euphoric." - C. Tinder- "I subscribe to your newsletter and forward them to friends and family. I'm always thankful for reading anything that is written in the best interest of people as opposed to big companies." - L. Harter

This page powered by the WebSeed Content Management System (CMS) created by Mike .This site is part of the NewsTarget Network ©2004,2005,2006,2007 . Privacy | Terms All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing International, LTD. has full ownership of and takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no health or nutritional products and earns no money from health product manufacturers or promoters. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.

Also Posted Today:• 30-Day Supply of Cherry Concentrate Supplements for Every NewsTarget Reader in the U.S.• Doctors being paid millions to prescribe high doses of anemia drugs; "rebate" loophole is legalized bribery• Is World War lll The Solution To Obesity Problems?• How Phytonutrients and Bio-Energy Benefit the Human Body• The greenwashing of toxic consumer products• Thermography: A Safer Option for Breast Cancer Detection

Free Nutrition Secrets Seminar: Nov. 11, Tucson ArizonaListen to Mike and Rain reveal nutritional secrets for healthy, disease-free living! Click here for details...

Are your medications making you sick?Check the safety of your medication by clicking here.

Do U Eat This?See shocking processed meat photos... up close!

FREE Reports to view right now:• Amazon Herb Company review• The pH Nutrition Guide to Acid / Alkaline Balance• Pet Food Ingredients Revealed! (shocking)• Medicine From Fish• The Water Cure• The Healing Power of Sunlight & Vitamin D

Related CartoonsThe Taco Bell e. coli outbreak Heavy Metals How to Buy Organic Apples

High Impact Stories:• Half a million loads of laundry will now be chemical free thanks to availability of eco-friendly "soap nuts" laundry detergent• Certain pomegranate juice products deceive consumers with dishonest labels and ingredients, reveals new consumer guide• NewsTarget.com releases shocking macrophotography pictures of processed meats: Salami, sausage and hot dogs• The Amazon Herb Company: An Independent Review• Pet food revealed: Consumer Wellness Center posts nutritional review of 570 pet food ingredients• The sunscreen myth: How sunscreen products actually promote cancer• New research shows vitamin D slashes risk of cancers by 77 percent; cancer industry refuses to support cancer prevention• The aloe vera miracle: A natural medicine for cancer, cholesterol, diabetes, inflammation, IBS, and other health conditions• Mike launches eco-friendly LED lighting technology with 1000% improvement in energy efficiency• Review: The Future of Food, a must-see documentary that exposes the biotech threat to life on our planet• NewsTarget secures reader discounts on top health and eco-friendly products• Americans fed up with drug industry influence, FDA corruption, reveals remarkable Consumer Reports survey• Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"• Health guru launches online Disease Mongering Engine that instantly generates hilarious fictitious disease names

Health product companies we recommendRead recommendations on supplement companies, health food manufacturers and personal care product makers that you can trust. Our 100% independent review list tells you who to trust and who to avoid in the natural health industry. Click to read.