RemedySpot.com

Post Polio Syndrome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/14/2005 9:35:57 AM Central Standard Time, broxton2003@... writes:

Does any one in this workd have pps? I am 57 year woman with this problem. Was addected to oxycontin since it came out . That stuff was killing me so as hard as it was I have been of since july. It was hell going through the withdraws but I did itAMEN. I want to try ldn but I am scared that I will become addicted to something else. I now take five hundred mg of motrin when I srart hurting which is an every day and nite thing. Can I find someone who has meen on it dor this pps? Thank you and my name is Barbara

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Barbara,

It doesn't sound like you have anything to lose by trying LDN. It might relieve some of your pain. Have you thought about a systemic enzyme with serrapeptase in it? I believe this has helped my inflammation, which is what causes most pain. I use Vitalzyme.

Marcie

In a message dated 11/14/2005 9:35:57 AM Central Standard Time, broxton2003@... writes:

Does any one in this workd have pps? I am 57 year woman with this problem. Was addected to oxycontin since it came out . That stuff was killing me so as hard as it was I have been of since july. It was hell going through the withdraws but I did itAMEN. I want to try ldn but I am scared that I will become addicted to something else. I now take five hundred mg of motrin when I srart hurting which is an every day and nite thing. Can I find someone who has meen on it dor this pps? Thank you and my name is Barbara

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Barbara,

It doesn't sound like you have anything to lose by trying LDN. It might relieve some of your pain. Have you thought about a systemic enzyme with serrapeptase in it? I believe this has helped my inflammation, which is what causes most pain. I use Vitalzyme.

Marcie

In a message dated 11/14/2005 10:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, marciemjm@... writes:

your pain. Have you thought about a systemic enzyme with serrapeptase in it? I believe this has helped my inflammation, which is what causes most pain. I use Vitalzyme.

Marcie

How much Vitalzym do you take. I got up to 8 pills 3 times a day and it didn't seem to nhelp much. I'm not taking it right now, but plan on getting back to it.

Arlene

In a message dated 11/14/2005 11:47:31 AM Central Standard Time, arlizotte@... writes:

In a message dated 11/14/2005 10:49:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, marciemjm@... writes:

your pain. Have you thought about a systemic enzyme with serrapeptase in it? I believe this has helped my inflammation, which is what causes most pain. I use Vitalzyme.

Marcie

How much Vitalzym do you take. I got up to 8 pills 3 times a day and it didn't seem to nhelp much. I'm not taking it right now, but plan on getting back to it.

Arlene

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Arlene,

I started at 5 - 3 x per day for a month. Now I'm doing 4 - 3 x per day. I know it is helping relieve some pain because I ran out and went 3 days without any. By the 2nd day, my fingers were hurting pretty bad. I guess I'll stay with 12 per day for a while.

Marcie

--- In low dose naltrexone , " broxton2003 " <broxton2003@y...>

wrote:

>

> Does any one in this workd have pps? I am 57 year woman with this

> problem. Was addected to oxycontin since it came out . That stuff

> was killing me so as hard as it was I have been of since july. It

> was hell going through the withdraws but I did itAMEN. I want to try

> ldn but I am scared that I will become addicted to something else. I

> now take five hundred mg of motrin when I srart hurting which is an

> every day and nite thing. Can I find someone who has meen on it dor

> this pps? Thank you and my name is Barbara

>

===========

Dr. Bihari..discoverer of LDN for autoimmune diseases and cancers says LDN would

probably work on Post Polio since PP is considered autoimmune. Just because PP

is not on the LDN list of diseases doesn't mean LDN doesn't work...it's just

that no one has come into Bihari's office with PP. I'm hoping I'm making

sense...my grandmother's talking to me while I'm typing.

LDN is not addictive...in fact, Naltrexone helps people got over addiction to

narcotics and alcohol.

• 2 years later...

http://www.pathlights.com/nr_encyclopedia/09nerv04.htm

POST-POLIO SYNDROME

SYMPTOMS—Difficulty in swallowing, which could produce a risk of choking. A progressive muscle weakness.

CAUSES—More than 125,000 Americans have post-polio syndrome.

TREATMENT—

• A cleansing diet, followed by a rebuilding, nourishing diet. Avoid all the junk foods.

• Eat foods high in fiber and vitamin/mineral supplementation. Calcium, magnesium, potassium, and silicon are important. Selenium and zinc, along with vitamins A, C, D, and E are antioxidants. The B complex is important for strengthening the nerves.

• A regular exercise program.

—Also see "Polio" and "Nerves Strengthening."

ENCOURAGEMENT—There are many battles to be fought, but our part is to cling to Christ as little children, pleading for His help. He will enable you to come off more than conqueror in the battles with temptation and sin.

• 9 months later...

>

> Could you expand on the topic of ldn and post polio syndrome? My next

door

> neighbor was one of the last to contract polio before the vaccine

appeared.

>

> --

> Idelle

>

============

Bihari says PP is an autoimmune response and LDN should be beneficial