RemedySpot.com

Re: Evie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>Marvis - Chicago

and...... potty-trained Evie, Yeaaah!<

Woooooooohoooooooooooo Evie!!!!!

*high five* from Ruby (also completely independant re: toileting!)

Sue

SAHM

dd Ruby 2.5 yrs

Wales, UK

Yes ladies, Ms Eva is now potty trained. She nows informs me when

she has to peepee or booboo and then I whisk her away to the potty.

Yeaaaaaah!

Of course she misses sometimes when she is playing or when she is sleeping.

But fortunately those pull ups are wonderfully absorbent. Any ideas on how to

get her to wake up and go to the potty? Just kidding! shes only 20 mos old,

so I wont rush it.

THanks ladies for all of your assistance. Yeaaaaaaah!!

Marvis-chicago

and of course Ms. potty trained Evie might says thanks to, at least cause her

mommy doesnt have to work so hard changing diapers. Yeaaaaah!

LOL!! I feel your complete joy and your total pride, Marvis!!!!!

Isn't it fantastic to see them achieving!

And, yes, woohoooo! to not having to buy or change a lot of nappies/dipers for

now!!!! (until the next ones!)

*Standing ovation for all the vax group babies that have recently mastered going

to the potty*

Sue

SAHM

dd Ruby 2.5 yrs

Wales, UK

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

My new doctor just put my on Combivent last month because I was on so much medicine already and still having symptoms of asthma. I was using just albuterol & the breathing treatments at home.I am on 10mg of Singulair. I really am not having to use any inhalers as much since he changed my meds. Usually in this ridiculous hot and humid weather I would have already had to take a trip to the hospital. I get bronchitis several times a year also.I was in the hospital with pneumonia for 4 days back in Sept. I was very sick. They had me on oxygen.Even after I came home I took weeks to feel better. I don't have any allergies to peanuts or soy. I smoked cigarettes from the age of 16 to 30, working my way up to about two packs a day a one point. I also was exposed to second hand smoke all my life. My dad was a VERY heavy smoker who smoked filterless Pall Malls for all his adult life until he died of lung cancer in 1994. My ex -husband smoked and I smoked. I live in a air polluted area. Lots of plants Dupont, Cytec and some others whose names I can't think of right now. I live within a mile of an electric power plant and their coolant towers. I also live in a river valley.Some of my doctors have said I live in one of the worst places for what is wrong with me.I had pulmonary lung function tests done last month and he said my small airways were not so good. My large airways are not so bad. He said after the tests and such that I am very responsive to steroid treatment.He changed my allergy med. from Zyrtec-D to Allegra and took me off the albuterol inhaler and the Azmacort inhaler. He gave me Combivent and Flovent. I have barely touched my nebulizer since he changed my meds. He is trying to work with me to help me get straightened out before I have any more damage to my lungs. I was having to make trips to the doctor or hospital every couple of months because I was sick again.He said he will probably set me up for more allergy testing etc. To whoever mentioned Atrovent I have had it in the emergency room with breathing treatments and I used to have a Atrovent nasal inhaler. I quit using it because of nosebleeds. Evie

Evie

Evie,I know a lot about meds from many years of my experience and from my self-education as well as my years of work as a medical transcriber, so that's where my informatoin comes from. I'm obviously not a doctor but here's some suggestions based on what you said you're taking:Get your doctor to put you on ADVAIR. It is Flovent and Serevent together. No need for two medications when you can take one! However, I am bothered by the fact that you are on Combivent as well as Flovent and Serevent. Do you have emphysema as well as asthma? Combivent is NOT for asthma, it's for COPD which stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. Asthma is not a COPD. Also, do you have any food allergies? If you are allergic to peanuts or soy or might be, you should not be taking Combivent. What dose of Singulair are you on? You might want to read my previous posts about this. I was on ten milligrams a day and now I am on 20 (twice the recommended dosage) and it works a LOT better. My doctor may even take me up to 30-40 milligrams a day. It helps the nasal polyps and there have been cases reported by the company that makes Singulair that in some patients with Samters their polyps WENT AWAY COMPLETELY while on Singulair. Hope this helps .... let me know if you have any questionsLoriIn a message dated Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:17:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, efourqurean@... writes:> Here is a list of meds I am on.> > Flovent inhaler> Serevent inhaler> Singulair (pill)> Beconase AQ nasal spray> Combivent inhaler> Allegra (pill)

Guest guest

I know something I forgot to mention. I spent a week at the beach in NC at the end of May. I could breathe so much better even in the heat. Evie

Evie

Evie,I know a lot about meds from many years of my experience and from my self-education as well as my years of work as a medical transcriber, so that's where my informatoin comes from. I'm obviously not a doctor but here's some suggestions based on what you said you're taking:Get your doctor to put you on ADVAIR. It is Flovent and Serevent together. No need for two medications when you can take one! However, I am bothered by the fact that you are on Combivent as well as Flovent and Serevent. Do you have emphysema as well as asthma? Combivent is NOT for asthma, it's for COPD which stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. Asthma is not a COPD. Also, do you have any food allergies? If you are allergic to peanuts or soy or might be, you should not be taking Combivent. What dose of Singulair are you on? You might want to read my previous posts about this. I was on ten milligrams a day and now I am on 20 (twice the recommended dosage) and it works a LOT better. My doctor may even take me up to 30-40 milligrams a day. It helps the nasal polyps and there have been cases reported by the company that makes Singulair that in some patients with Samters their polyps WENT AWAY COMPLETELY while on Singulair. Hope this helps .... let me know if you have any questionsLoriIn a message dated Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:17:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, efourqurean@... writes:> Here is a list of meds I am on.> > Flovent inhaler> Serevent inhaler> Singulair (pill)> Beconase AQ nasal spray> Combivent inhaler> Allegra (pill)

Guest guest

Hi Evie - combivent is atrovent and albuterol combined into 1 inhaler and like you it works very well for me - hopefully you wont experience any return of the nosebleeds from it but if you do start having them again be sure to let your dr know that as well as your prior exp. with atrovent .

sorry to hear you are in such a bad area ! Moving to a less polluted area would surely help at least some , for me the improvement was dramatic . it sounds like you have developed some permanent airway obstruction and the diagnosis of chronic bronchitis is made when a patient has bronchitis several years in a row so you sound like a prime candidate especially due to the smoking ( isn't it incredible that those big wigs in the tobacco companies could actually work to make those things MORE addictive while KNOWING they cause cancer and irreversible lung disease , not get charged as mass murders and continue to manufacture and sell them ?! ) ..... anyway ,im glad that prednisone works well for you :) and that you are seeing so much improvement since switching to it and a new allergy pill !it's my understanding that after a while they may lose their effectiveness for many people so changing is indicated anytime symptoms start to increase. I take a 'break' from zyrtec once a year for a few weeks and take another allergy pill because I've been on zyrtec so long it could lessen its effectiveness for me though so far the alternatives do not offer as much benefits as the zyrtec does .

The beach helps me too - the saline in the water is great if your lungs aren't responsive to the cold water -I do a saline nasal rinse regularly and that helps as well - do you ?Even with these nasty polyps and the sinus infection I am doing better than I have in over 4 years !

teresa

My new doctor just put my on Combivent last month because I was on so much medicine already and still having symptoms of asthma. I was using just albuterol & the breathing treatments at home.I am on 10mg of Singulair. I really am not having to use any inhalers as much since he changed my meds. Usually in this ridiculous hot and humid weather I would have already had to take a trip to the hospital. I get bronchitis several times a year also.I was in the hospital with pneumonia for 4 days back in Sept. I was very sick. They had me on oxygen.Even after I came home I took weeks to feel better. I don't have any allergies to peanuts or soy. I smoked cigarettes from the age of 16 to 30, working my way up to about two packs a day a one point. I also was exposed to second hand smoke all my life. My dad was a VERY heavy smoker who smoked filterless Pall Malls for all his adult life until he died of lung cancer in 1994. My ex -husband smoked and I smoked. I live in a air polluted area. Lots of plants Dupont, Cytec and some others whose names I can't think of right now. I live within a mile of an electric power plant and their coolant towers. I also live in a river valley.Some of my doctors have said I live in one of the worst places for what is wrong with me.I had pulmonary lung function tests done last month and he said my small airways were not so good. My large airways are not so bad. He said after the tests and such that I am very responsive to steroid treatment.He changed my allergy med. from Zyrtec-D to Allegra and took me off the albuterol inhaler and the Azmacort inhaler. He gave me Combivent and Flovent. I have barely touched my nebulizer since he changed my meds. He is trying to work with me to help me get straightened out before I have any more damage to my lungs. I was having to make trips to the doctor or hospital every couple of months because I was sick again.He said he will probably set me up for more allergy testing etc. To whoever mentioned Atrovent I have had it in the emergency room with breathing treatments and I used to have a Atrovent nasal inhaler. I quit using it because of nosebleeds. Evie

Evie

Guest guest

I don't do the nasal wash as much as I should probably.( I have a six year old who I love very much and drives me nuts.He keeps me so busy I dont' know where I am half the time. It's a wonder I know my own name.) It always amazes me the junk that comes out of my nose when I do it. Yuck! You all understand I'm sure. I am supposed to go back to the doctor this next week and let him know how the change in meds is doing. I like the Zyrtec better. I don't think the Allegra works as well. And about the cold water. I can't get in all at once because I get a immediate reaction with my lungs. Evie

Evie

Guest guest

And about the cold water. I can't get in all at once because I get a immediate reaction with my lungs. Evie

----- Original Message ----

Me too ! LOL, I was raised on the water in south Florida and grew up swimming nearly every day and was fine in water until about 6 years ago ( I found out the hard way after a long bout with status asthmaticus I was by myself in a secluded area of the state park where we live and stepped off of a sandbar into a crevasse and almost drowned ! it was petrifying to have such a reaction for the first time in such a situation and all alone ! )

- now there are times when even waves lapping at my ankles are a problem ?!!! AAARRGHH ! Summer here is great though because the water really warms up :) I love the ocean and really miss snorkeling .

The nasal irragation is gross I agree - but it does help at least some so I try to do it regularly

there's nothing like a 6 year old to keep you hopping !

teresa