RemedySpot.com

swimming

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm glad swimming gives you some relief also. Any relief is better than none. I love the whirlpool and the sauna. I can totally relax when in both of these. I do a swimnastics class first which is very helpful. I work hard on trying to keep my upper body strong since my lower body is so weak. In our class the instructors are very understanding and don't mind if we don't follow all exercises. When they do an exercise that causes me discomfort, I can do something else. After class, they have a thirty minute free swim and I can do deep water exercises then. Joan

> > From: Joan Wingo <joanwingo2@...>> Subject: walker> Spinal Stenosis Treatment > Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 4:07 PM> > > > > The neurologist had me buy a walker with a seat. I use it to wash dishes and do other kitchen tasks. Also I use it anytime I know I'm going to be somewhere that doesn't have seats for me to use. For instance, I made sure I carried it with me to vote recently. I wasn't sure how long the line would be. I can't stand for very long. Joan> > > > > > > I can't remember if it is in a Carol s catalog or a Dr > Lenards catalog. but I have seen a three legged stool with rollers > and a seat that you can sit on the seat, but still be in a standing > up position and walk around as needed,but still take weight off your > hips and legs. Something like that or even just a bar stool tall > enough to be able to sit and stir stuff on the stove should be of help.> Debbie and Ian McKinley (BMD since 93)no > litters Kansas http://home. hit.net/~ dimck/> http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dimck23/ (200 carting photo)>