RemedySpot.com

Fw: {Herbal Remedies} Prickly Pear Cactus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

{Herbal Remedies} Prickly Pear Cactus

Prickly Pear Cactus

We’ve all heard about and hopefully experienced, the great wonders of Aloe Vera. When it comes to putting the fire out, Aloe Vera is second to none, and can be used internally as a drink or as an enema. It can also be applied externally, directly on the skin to handle burns and scrapes.

But did you know there is another desert plant that works absolute wonders in handling skin conditions of every kind? This is the Prickly Pear Cactus. This is one of those “Gotta see it, to believe it”, kind of remedies that I learned from an old Arizona desert dweller named Bigfoot.

Many of you may have heard that you can make “jam” from the “pear” of the Prickly Pear and that it is an Arizonan delicacy. I’ve tried it and it is delicious. However, taught me that you use the flat pad of the plant to handle all kinds of insect and poisonous snake bites. Furthermore, you can drink the juice of this marvelous plant to cool body temperature down and lower fevers that rare time when it’s needed. The desert Indians have used this remedy for centuries to do exactly that. This is an easy plant to grow outdoors or in a pot (they get very big) and can be cultivated inside. As the sections grow, you can break off a pad, with a pair of pliers (avoid the small barbs), skin it with a sharp knife and use the inside part as a poultice or just massage the pulp into your skin. It’ll permanently handle Fire Ant bites in a little under 3 seconds.

One day, many years ago, Valorie came down with a rash on her leg and I picked up a serious bout of Athlete’s Foot at the gym. We both applied the Prickly Pear to our affected areas and by the next day Valorie’s rash had almost disappeared. My Athlete’s Foot was completely healed, and was just a little itchy. By the third day, you’d never have known there was anything wrong with either of us. Both conditions were totally handled and completely disappeared.

You’ll love this simple, inexpensive remedy.

Best regards,Doc<!--[endif]-->

727-447-5282

Copyright © 2000, 2007 by Ian Shillington. All rights reserved