RemedySpot.com

Re: questions from newly diagnosed person - knullaw

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My cousin had her spleen removed at around age 12 when she fell off a horse with an apple in her pocket and it ruptured. The only long lasting effect was that she lost all desire to ride horses. She's now 60. **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Spleen removal is not the best thing in the world, but think about all those football playing kids who have had accidents and had their spleens taken out!!

About three years ago I was suspected of having AIHA (autoimmune hemolytic anemia). (I might still have it, no one is quite sure. It was getting quite bad, and I was one week away from having a spleenectomy. Several days before an efficent technician discovered babesia (a red cell killing parasite) in my blood. Without a spleen I would have been in trouble. The operation, of course, was postponed, and has not taken place.

All this by way of saying that lots of people, for one reason or another, wind up without a spleen. How are you coping? With CLL, you need to keep track of your neutrophil level, and your gamma globulin levels, but you probably know that...

Tell us more about Still's, I'm not sure what it is.....

All the best,

questions from newly diagnosed person

I found out I have CLL last summer. I have had Still's Disease since

age 7 although not diagnosed until I was 32.

I am wondering if anybody out there has Still's as well as CLL or has

CLL and some other form of rheumatoid arthritis.

Because of many botched diagnoses of Still's I had my spleen removed

for no reason when I was 24 so I have been dealing with the infection

risks of a spleenless person for a long time (36 years).