RemedySpot.com

Fw: [NHL] indolent lymphocytic lymphoma SLL grade IV B-cell

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

Thank you so so much for your warm words and the information! I haven't felt so relieved since I understood for my disease. You gave me a great hope! Antonia is absolutely right. The doctors here think that the less I know is the best for me. They even asked me about my edication and were quite upset that I have high degree. For them it means that I'll bother for the treatment too much and ask too many questions. For example, I read for Rituxan and understood that it helps a lot in cases of CD20 positive NHL. When I asked the doctors they said that it's a new medicide for our country and prescribed only in heavy cases. So if I insist on using it I'll have to pay. But my doctor wants to see the results of the current therapy first. He says that to use Rituxan for SLL is like pointing an elephant with an arrow. It would be really helpful for me to receive

your advice on this matter.

Thank you once again and to share - I'm truly happy to find this group with so many wonderful people.

Hugs, Kalina

Re: [NHL] indolent lymphocytic lymphoma SLL grade IV B-cell

Hi Kalina,Welcome to our group. We are happy that you found us and I hope we can allhelp to make you feel less anxious and fearful. You have taken the firstand most important step of joining a large support group where you canlearn as much about your type of lymphoma as possible, and learn aboutcoping with it on a day to day basis.SLL as you have already learned is an indolent lymphoma. This means itgrows slowly, and your game plan will be to manage it over a very longtime, hopefully decades. Our NHL Cyberfamily website has a page aboutthis type of NHL, here is the link.http://www.nhlcyber family.org/ types/cll. htmI don’t think you need to worry too much about treatments in the USA beingbetter than they are in Bulgaria. There are many possible options fortreating SLL. Often doing no treatment at all is

preferred if the diseaseis not causing any problems. But when treatment is needed, one of thepreferred options is a Fludarabine combination. Fludarabine andCyclophosphamide would be a standard choice and that is exactly what youare getting. Endoxan is just another name for Cyclophosphamide. It isprobably the brand name in Europe. In the USA and Canada the brand namefor Cyclophosphamide is Cytoxan.Be sure to poke around our website. You will find it has all sorts of goodinformation and resources to help you. Your English seems to be extremelygood to me so you should have no trouble with it. Here is the home page.http://www.nhlcyber family.orgYou will probably also find it helpful to visit our "abbreviations" page.That page gives you the definitions of the many many abbreviations we usearound here. You'll get used to them

quickly if you use this as areference.http://www.nhlcyber family.org/ abbreviations. htmOnce again Kalina, I send you a big WELCOME FROM CANADA.Greg DafoeHamilton, Ontariodx 09/98 follicular mixed cell, Stage IVCHOP X 7, Radiation X 20; 09/98-05/99SCT 04/17/2002

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.